2023 1st round pick is #6 Paris Johnson

HairZach

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Seeing the impact he's had on offense, both passing and running, I'm starting to think a stud RT is just as important as a good pass rusher. Maybe more.

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
And one wonders about the comments of the tackles to be drafted next year. it was said Paris wouldn’t be in the top 5. If that statement is true then we should be able to get another one just as good or better. Slide hump to guard or trade him…
i hate that idea

you have a quality starting LT under contract for a reasonable amount for the next couple years

you have a rookie RT that sure looks like he can swap over to LT when DJ's contract is done

you have a couple years to find your next RT.

use those first rounders to get the CB or pass rusher the team badly needs

CardNots

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
i hate that idea

you have a quality starting LT under contract for a reasonable amount for the next couple years

you have a rookie RT that sure looks like he can swap over to LT when DJ's contract is done

The best OT class in years? I do like Newton as we need disrupters but we can get him and a solid WR further down.

jf-08

chohan
Administrator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
i hate that idea

I'm not a real fan of a 1st Rd on CB.

cardsfanmd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I agree with letting Hump play out his deal but forget a CB in the 1st. Who do we have behind them? Beachum and nothing. Give me our future RT and start him at G in the meantime.

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
Yea, especially when we don’t have a dominant pass-rush in front of one.

I’ll be down for another Day 2 CB, though.

1. you have to start somewhere
2. the team does have two first round picks

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
If we draft Dallas Turner or Newton, I’m fine with it.

Otherwise, we’ll just be building from the outside-in.
I agree with this. My personal focus, at this point in time, is EDGE, DL, WR, OT. I believe the draft class could result in BPA being those positions, they are premium positions, and could be areas of need (some more than others).

In regards to OT with DJ on the roster. I don't believe you pass up a potential all-pro OT because of DJ, and I really like DJ. Ideally, if you draft Olu, you can trade DJ as he would have a market.

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
I agree with this. My personal focus, at this point in time, is EDGE, DL, WR, OT. I believe the draft class could result in BPA being those positions, they are premium positions, and could be areas of need (some more than others).

In regards to OT with DJ on the roster. I don't believe you pass up a potential all-pro OT because of DJ, and I really like DJ. Ideally, if you draft Olu, you can trade DJ as he would have a market.
Leave Paris at RT...draft LT...make the Captain a guard....unless someone offers a first or more.

As much as I think WR, DT, and OL should be the priority I wouldn't be against a RB before the end of the third....two actually

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
Leave Paris at RT...draft LT...make the Captain a guard....unless someone offers a first or more.

As much as I think WR, DT, and OL should be the priority I wouldn't be against a RB before the end of the third....two actually
We have so many 3rd round picks I’m guessing a running back and off-ball linebacker are almost inevitable.

Conner has an $8.5 million cap hold next season. He got injured after just 76 touches this season. What are the odds he’s even back in 2024?

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
If the Cardinals are in position to take MHJ, he’ll be our pick. Otherwise, there a few stud OT’s that we shouldn’t hesitate to pick with one of those picks & then take the best DT with our 2nd pick of the 1st round. The behemoth OT from ND is pretty flexible for someone 6’8”, and Penn State also has a stud OT.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
We have so many 3rd round picks I’m guessing a running back and off-ball linebacker are almost inevitable.

Conner has an $8.5 million cap hold next season. He got injured after just 76 touches this season. What are the odds he’s even back in 2024?

Honestly? I think high. I think the team love his energy and style of play.

Cutting him saves $5.5m. I'm guessing they value his attitude and locker room presence more than $5.5m.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score

I agree with Brit. I believe the Cardinals are going to run into a struggle adding meaningful talent next year outside of the draft. This will lead to them keeping some players they should let go.

JohnnyCakes

Alpha Male
Reaction score
Honestly? I think high. I think the team love his energy and style of play.

Cutting him saves $5.5m. I'm guessing they value his attitude and locker room presence more than $5.5m.
he would be an even better weapon with a legit rookie rb/change of pace rb on the roster.

He's the budda baker of the offense.