2023 2nd round #41 pick is BJ Ojulari LB

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
He was most often lined up on the defense's left side over the offense's right tackle.
That's what I thought. None of the articles with Gannon's comments indicate which knee...If it was his right knee, coming off the left edge could be a little more challenging until he regains all the strength.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Same here, I know he didn’t get much work in during camp but he looked slooooow. No real burst at all, but he really is just now starting his true training camp. Gonna take him a few weeks
I know Hall has good legs but he just left BJ in the dust.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Do we know which knee it was? Wondering if which side of the defense he lines up on has anything do with his explosiveness, or lack thereof. I seem to recall he was lined up on the left side of the defense against the Vikings.
He was on the right side when Hall smoked him to the corner.

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score
You saw a guy who had a knee procedure and missed camp.

How anyone can draw conclusions from that is mind-boggling.

Yes that is what I saw. From that I don’t expect much from him THIS season. He will need time to develop.

gmabel830

It's football season!!
Reaction score
That's not true. The ESPN article on him reads as follows:

"Ojulari missed OTA's, minicamp and almost the first two weeks of training camp with a knee injury that was cleaned up between the combine and NFL draft. He's been brought along slowly since he returned but is part of a very deep outside linebackers room."
I could have sworn when I first read it that it had something like I quoted, but I just looked it up and you are correct. Not sure if they subsequently updated it or I misread the original.

Goldfield

Formally known as BEERZ
Reaction score
The Cards picked guys who would require unusually long development time. He may be fine, but he’s very raw. He won’t endanger the tanking effort.
This applies to the coaching staff as well lol

TheCardFan

Things have changed.
Reaction score
Nothing special so far but if this guy can become a contributor, this draft was a home run.

It was very good draft regardless of this pick but you hate to see a wasted 41st pick.

Monti hit on so many of these guys you have to think there is something that could happen with him.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
Nothing special so far but if this guy can become a contributor, this draft was a home run.

It was very good draft regardless of this pick but you hate to see a wasted 41st pick.

Monti hit on so many of these guys you have to think there is something that could happen with him.
It's not looking good for this season for BJ.

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It's not looking good for this season for BJ.
I wonder when/if Myjai Sanders will come off IR. He is now eligible to. He showed more flash in his rookie season than BJ has. They play the exact same role.

Rohinaz

All Star
Reaction score
Calm down folks, if I remember correctly BJ was 2nd in the nation in QB pressures last year for pass rushers. He missed pretty much all of camp. We are 1 month into the season.
Didnt see much out of Michael Wilson then boom in game 4.
Clark has looked better in the season than he did in pre-season.

Give BJ some time, he will be a great player

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Calm down folks, if I remember correctly BJ was 2nd in the nation in QB pressures last year for pass rushers. He missed pretty much all of camp. We are 1 month into the season.

True, and he is also the youngest player in the roster so we can wait a bit
Need to get at 100% before judging him

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score

I'm not asking for much. I'd just like him to, at minimum, get more snaps as the games progress. Even that is too much to ask at this point, though. Quite discouraging.

MaoTosiFanClub

The problem
Reaction score
I'm not asking for much. I'd just like him to, at minimum, get more snaps as the games progress. Even that is too much to ask at this point, though. Quite discouraging.
I agree but he’s also a 21 year old rookie. Always going to be longer learning curve for those guys.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Tough one for Ojulari.

Not only did he miss most of camp, but it's a busy room with a bunch of not great but talented guys. I'm not sure how Sanders is going to find room coming off PUP.

OP
OP
BullheadCardFan

BullheadCardFan

Go for it
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Tough one for Ojulari.

Not only did he miss most of camp, but it's a busy room with a bunch of not great but talented guys. I'm not sure how Sanders is going to find room coming off PUP.
Cream rises to the top

The staff should be putting the best players in a position to succeed barring their draft status

Time for BJ to step it up and get noticed

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Cream rises to the top

The staff should be putting the best players in a position to succeed barring their draft status

Time for BJ to step it up and get noticed

For sure, he's not playing because he's not yet better than the other options. But a bit part of that is starting later practicing.

On saying that, I don't think anyone in that group is going to play a tonne of snaps. It's heavy rotation. The most Edge snaps on Sunday was Zaven with 28, which was 51%.

But also, he shouldn't be getting out snapped by Jesse Luketa,

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pprat