2024 1st round pick #4 is Marvin Harrison Jr

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
But something DID change with Larry. Todd Haley came in and kicked his ass according to Haley, Warner and even Larry himself. Haley made him realize that he was coasting on natural talent and not doing everything he could do to be the best. That changed in 2007 and he never looked back.
I never assumed Fitz would be a YAC guy. Was wonderful to see him add that to his game.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
It's also a different era -- Larry's rookie season was 20 years ago. Just five QBs passed for over 4k yards in 2004 (including Jake Plummer!!). Mushin Muhammad won the reception title with 1405 yards; Tony Gonzalez had the most receptions in the league with 102. Chad Johnson had the most targets with 170 (seven players had 150+ targets).

Last year 10 players passed for over 4k yards. Tyreek Hill had yearly 1800 yards receiving; CeeDee Lamb had the most receptions with 135 and the most targets with 181. Ten players had 150+ targets. Malik Nabers was on pace for over 200 targets.

Larry was also 20 when he was drafted because of that weird prep school quirp when he was growing up and only played two years in college. Larry was more than a full year younger his rookie season than Marv is right now. Physically Larry looked and moved like a different guy his 2nd year.

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
But something DID change with Larry. Todd Haley came in and kicked his ass according to Haley, Warner and even Larry himself. Haley made him realize that he was coasting on natural talent and not doing everything he could do to be the best. That changed in 2007 and he never looked back.
I remember, I personally did not want to sign Larry to a fat contract because he ran poopy routes... I was mad when he got his deal. But when the games started he looked better, and mentioned in an interview that he had put a lot of extra work into his routes... was ever a Larry supporter after that.

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SportsBetJake