2024 1st round pick #4 is Marvin Harrison Jr

CardNots

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Nabers had 4 catches for 41 yards last game. He’s really had 1 big game.

Coleman, Thomas, and Oduzne are all 2nd, 3rd, or even 4th options. They’re not the focus of the defense and have veteran WR’s commanding attention.

I’m not saying Harrison hasn’t struggled. I’m saying it’s not surprising with the position he’s been put in with all the expectations.

I’m saying I think the thread is stupid because of all the projections on to his personality and toughness and to think a rookie is going to step right into the #1 role on a team lacking in veteran WR talent and expect him to dominate NFL DBs and schemes from the get go.

I said the same thing about when people were already writing off Trey Benson.
Okay, your position on this thread has been duly noted:)

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score

Coleman, Thomas, and Oduzne are all 2nd, 3rd, or even 4th options. They’re not the focus of the defense and have veteran WR’s commanding attention.

I’m not saying Harrison hasn’t struggled. I’m saying it’s not surprising with the position he’s been put in with all the expectations.

I’m saying I think the thread is stupid because of all the projections on to his personality and toughness and to think a rookie is going to step right into the #1 role on a team lacking in veteran WR talent and expect him to dominate NFL DBs and schemes from the get go.

I said the same thing about when people were already writing off Trey Benson.

Nabers has two games over 100 yards receiving and another with 78 yards and two TD’s. Although the numbers don’t matter it’s about eye test. Nabers is a physical receiver while MHJ is very shaky in traffic. He’s got some Hollywood Brown in him.

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
Sorry this just isn't true. Nabers has had games of 7 catches 66 yards, 10 catches 127 yards and a TD, 8 catches 78 yards 2 TDs, 12 catches 115 yards and easily his worst game of 4 catches for 41 yards. He has been good in virtually every game this year.

SECTION 11

vibraslap
Reaction score
Why should he have been suspended more than two games? That's what the CBA dictates for a first-time violation of the performance enhancing substances policy... which has nothing to do with the gambling policy.
Hopkins got six games for a contaminated test. For 0.1% of something he didn’t even take.

Cbus cardsfan

Back to Back ASFN FFL Champion
Reaction score
I mean, and I’m going purely from memory and not trying to be argumentative, but when was the last time a guy was drafted in the top 5 and was thrust immediately into the #1 role with no WR threats around him and was successful right out of the gate?
Chase had Tee Higgins. Jefferson had Thielen. Good veteran WRs that had had success.
Harrison has Wilson and Dortsch. No defensive coordinator is worrying about those 2.

Maybe Calvin Johnson??? I’m sure there is someone slipping my mind but it’s not a common occurrence.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
I mean, and I’m going purely from memory and not trying to be argumentative, but when was the last time a guy was drafted in the top 5 and was thrust immediately into the #1 role with no WR threats around him and was successful right out of the gate?
Chase had Tee Higgins. Jefferson had Thielen. Good veteran WRs that had had success.
Harrison has Wilson and Dortsch. No defensive coordinator is worrying about those 2.

Maybe Calvin Johnson??? I’m sure there is someone slipping my mind but it’s not a common occurrence.
Malik Nabers.

Sammy Watkins was pretty good out of the gate.

daves

Keepin' it real!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hopkins got six games for a contaminated test. For 0.1% of something he didn’t even take.
The NFL Performance Enhancing Substances policy dictates a two game suspension for "Positive test result for stimulant, diuretic or masking agent", and a six game suspension for "Positive test result for anabolic agent".

If you think the player and the NFLPA would allow the NFL to be biased or arbitrary in handing down suspensions to players based on whether or not their team is a media darling... I dunno what to tell you.

It's possible that Hopkins didn't knowingly take ostarine, but let's face it... nearly every player who gets busted proclaims that he has no idea how it got into his system, and most of these claims are far from credible.

Last edited:

Cbus cardsfan

Back to Back ASFN FFL Champion
Reaction score
Malik Nabers.

Sammy Watkins was pretty good out of the gate.
Nabers is good. Very good and having a much better year. But the Giants have also thrown 55 more passes than the Cardinals. And Nabers has 20 more targets.

No idea what Sammy Watkins did, but good pull if true. But, even so, it’s not a regular occurrence.

Just looked up Sammy. That was a brutal team. He ended up with 65 catches for 900+ yards.
Think that will probably be similar to Marv. Hopefully Marv doesn’t follow Sammie’s career path.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
I think he's not use to being in a run first offense, an OC who seems indifferent if he gets the ball and with a QB who scrambles on plays he's open.

Guys are totally right in questioning his lack of dawg/killer instinct. However, we've seen talented soft NFL players have success. I'm still not sure that he's soft but more disengaged with this outdated passing attack.

He's not Calvin Johnson/Moss like the hype was building him up. However, he looks like a taller CD Lamb as a rookie. CD had more dawg, but MHJ is bigger/more potential.

Lets build him up. Lets keep him engaged. Conner wont be able to carry this team in 2 years.
Last paragraph doesn’t get enough discussion around here. The offense looks to be in deep doo doo as it’s built around an aging runningback as it’s motor. We aren’t “building” anything.

SECTION 11

vibraslap
Reaction score
The NFL Performance Enhancing Substances policy dictates a two game suspension for "Positive test result for stimulant, diuretic or masking agent", and a six game suspension for "Positive test result for anabolic agent".

If you think the player and the NFLPA would allow the NFL to be biased or arbitrary in handing down suspensions to players based on whether or not their team is a media darling... I dunno what to tell you.

It's possible that Hopkins didn't knowingly take ostarine, but let's face it... nearly every player who gets busted proclaims that he has no idea how it got into his system, and most of these claims are far from credible.
My dog ate my rulebook. So my point still counts.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
I was going to abstain from this thread but it's still pretty stupid. He's played about 1/3 of his rookie year and asked to be #1 target and has teams game planning for him. He's going against bigger, stronger, faster DB's as the #1 option and adjusting. It's going to be a process.

I agree the drop on the last drive was ridiculous and needs to be caught. But now, he's "not a dog" or passive. You guys know nothing about his personality on, or off, the field. I also agree that having a legit veteran, someone for the defense to focus on, opposite of him would have been a big help. But that's not the case. He didn't start at OSU as a freshman. In fact, barely was factor until the bowl game against Utah. Then exploded year 2.

The weird thing I've noticed is when he's pretty open, Murray seems to not see him but when he's in close quarters, Murray targets him.
It’s going to be fun watching you and the kyler Stan’s argue as they continue to suck as a duo.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score

Tee higgins was about as accomplished as Wilson is

Harry

ASFN Consultant and Senior Writer
Reaction score
Nabers is good.
Harrison will be fine.

Both things can be true
I agree. The Cards have messed up his mind. They need to bring his dad in for a lecture. Legacy players eventually work out. The Monday announcers were right. It’s pitiful the Cards haven’t figured out how to use him to develop him. The drop was just that. Fitz had some too. It may not be until next season, but Harrison will prove his worth. Chopper was right. Harrison has starred everywhere he’s played. He’ll be a star here.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Broncosfan