2024 1st round pick #4 is Marvin Harrison Jr

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
Exactly!

I need zero stats about MHJ I have seen every play the dude has had.
-Body Catching
-Dropping passes that hit your hands
-Not knowing where to lineup

-Not reading the coverage (cutoff a route, go long, back shoulder throws)
-Half assing it on plays that don't go to him
-Half ass blocking

He is a rookie which means he can and probably will get better but man get your game right before asking for a ton of targets.
Does he not have to earn it?

In this offense? Not really. The time to ask him to earn it was in training camp and the preseason. Literally everything was handed to him, and the Cards don't have any better options.

Reading NFL coverages is really hard; I have sympathy for him struggling with that right now.

I haven't seen for myself him dropping off routes that aren't designed for him. His blocking isn't late-period Larry Fitzgerald, but it is what it is.

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Not to derail the MHJ analysis too much, but passing in the NFL is down, overall, considerably over the last five seasons. I read recently that the league is on pace for it's lowest passing totals since 2001. Defenses are specifically designed to take away the downfield passing more than ever. Rushing is actually up. So, there is a bigger picture to take into account as to why someone like MHJ is underachieving and why Conner might be seen as overachieving. Defenses want you to RUN the ball!

PJ1

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Except they aren't. I have no idea how you come these conclusions. I have not seen anything to make me think he is intimidated. I have not seen anything to make me think he doesn't want to be playing football.

If you would have said he looks frustrated and wants to be more involved, I would have agreed.
Not aggressive going for the ball. Shows zero emotion and has no swagger at all. This is what I observe.

speedy

the medic
Reaction score
With Fitz it was about those amazing hands. I was always stunned when he dropped a pass.

In addition, Larry became a very good blocking WR. Last but not least, he was a smart football player.

MHJ has a big jock strap to fill…
he should write a book on his path to becoming the top dude at Receiver.

His ability to be coached and take criticism is what made him the best