2024-2025 Around the NBA Thread

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Maybe Giddy will learn to shoot… but until that happens, point guards who can’t shoot and don’t defend are pretty useless, no matter how good they can pass.

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Maybe Giddy will learn to shoot… but until that happens, point guards who can’t shoot and don’t defend are pretty useless, no matter how good they can pass.
He's a PG? He's listed as a 6'8" SG/SF. I don't know much about him though, but he shot 48% the last two years.

The Bulls are close to unloading LaVine, Lonzon Ball is said to be healthy (I'll believe it when I see it) and the Pat Williams experiment was a disaster. With Ball and Coby White, no way Giddy would play PG, so now I'm confused. Everything I read was that Giddy will play the 3. Ball's health was also the reason they dealt Curuso.

OP
OP
Chaplin

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
If they end up not being able to get rid of Lavine, a backcourt of Giddey and Lavine doesn't not inspire confidence.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
OKC isn’t done. They will be head and shoulders above the Suns by the time their roster is complete.

Lorenzo

Reaction score
I was hoping dallas would get Caruso. Less hair for OKC, but should make them a better defensive team and a better 3 point shooting team. a smart trade.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
OKC isn’t done. They will be head and shoulders above the Suns by the time their roster is complete.
What a steal for OKC. They just got better and just had to give up Giddey?!!?!? Seems like a desperate move by the Bulls to replace Lonzo.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
He's a PG? He's listed as a 6'8" SG/SF. I don't know much about him though, but he shot 48% the last two years.

The Bulls are close to unloading LaVine, Lonzon Ball is said to be healthy (I'll believe it when I see it) and the Pat Williams experiment was a disaster. With Ball and Coby White, no way Giddy would play PG, so now I'm confused. Everything I read was that Giddy will play the 3. Ball's health was also the reason they dealt Curuso.

He can pass and rebound... that's about all he does well.

If Chicago isn't going to give him a lot of ball handling opportunities then I cannot fathom the logic here, especially given how coveted Caruso is around the league.

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
He can pass and rebound... that's about all he does well.

If Chicago isn't going to give him a lot of ball handling opportunities then I cannot fathom the logic here, especially given how coveted Caruso is around the league.
I hate my team

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I hate my team

His shooting stats might not look bad, but that is with the opposition begging him to shoot. Some of the defense employed against him has been comical, dudes literally run away from him when he has the ball at the three point line.

He might learn how to shoot, he's still really young... just like the girls he dates.

Hiyoooooo!

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Looks like LaVine will either be a Jazz or 76er in the next 24 hours. The question is who will make Chicago eat the least amount of that horrible contract.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Looks like LaVine will either be a Jazz or 76er in the next 24 hours. The question is who will make Chicago eat the least amount of that horrible contract.

It’s good that they’re moving on.

Ball’s injury really screwed them but the Lavine, Derozan pairing never was going ton work. Lots of empty calories.

Raindog

I didn't come here to be liked!
Reaction score
Giddey would actually be a good fit with this Suns team. We just need someone who could be a high level facilitator without being ball dominant. Giddey fits that perfectly. He would be like having a 21 year old Ricky Rubio, while still having some potential to long term improve other aspects of his game.

Actually, Phoenix would have just about been the perfect situation for him. He wouldn't even have needed to score in double figures to be highly useful here - which probably isn't going to be true most other places.

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What a steal for OKC. They just got better and just had to give up Giddey?!!?!? Seems like a desperate move by the Bulls to replace Lonzo.
Lonzo is apparently finally healthy and expected to be play when the season starts.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Lonzo is apparently finally healthy and expected to be play when the season starts.

You and @Cheesebeef covered this pretty thoroughly, but I will believe Lonzo is healthy when I see it... for a couple uears.

Dude has missed the last 2 and a half seasons entirely, and even before that, he was missing 30-40 games per year.

I cannot recall a player missing so much time and returning to be an actual factor on the court.

Ball evolved into a better play than I thought he'd be, and he promptly went through one of the most brutal injury stretches that I can recall.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You and @Cheesebeef covered this pretty thoroughly, but I will believe Lonzo is healthy when I see it... for a couple uears.

Dude has missed the last 2 and a half seasons entirely, and even before that, he was missing 30-40 games per year.

I cannot recall a player missing so much time and returning to be an actual factor on the court.

Ball evolved into a better play than I thought he'd be, and he promptly went through one of the most brutal injury stretches that I can recall.
Only guy who comes to mind is Shaun Livingston, but even there, he was only really effective off the bench and not as a full time starter… and on a great GS team where he didn’t have to shoulder a load like Lonzo would.

But he’s the exception to the rule.