2024-2025 Around the NBA Thread

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
Ayton just needs a mental redo. Physically he is gifted. IDK how that happens for him. He's still young enough, with the right personal trainer, he could become great. Tony Robbins on speed dial? :shrug:

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Ayton just needs a mental redo. Physically he is gifted. IDK how that happens for him. He's still young enough, with the right personal trainer, he could become great. Tony Robbins on speed dial? :shrug:
I do think he has a chance to grow up and be a true force in this league. His problem is between his ears. The question is whether he loves basketball enough to pursue it.

AsUpRoDiGy

Magnanimous
Reaction score
I do think he has a chance to grow up and be a true force in this league. His problem is between his ears. The question is whether he loves basketball enough to pursue it.
Yeah... it's called NBA2K

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media
Evidently, there is no market for him right now. Teams don’t want to pay that contract for a head case. Ayton better enjoy the contract he has now because he won’t get a max contract when this is up. He will never live up to his potential.

OP
OP
Chaplin

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score

Lauri Markannen signs a 5-year 238m dollar contract with the Jazz. So much for the trade ideas for him. 47 per, wow!

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

We got out at the right time. I know some will argue it was too late and if rumored deals like Myles Turner were available then it may have been a bit late. I can't see anyone having interest in him this year and next year he'll be expiring but his baggage might sour teams on that. If he's convinced he'll get another big payday then no one will want him. Honestly he'll be lucky to get to start in a year or so and potentially convince someone to pay him. I think his days are numbered and it wouldn't shock me if he walked away if he couldn't command the MLE on a prove it deal.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Does that mean if we win we will get to the finals?

I cannot count how many times the Suns have been in a situation where they have some accomplishment, wins or statistical superiority and was told "Every team to have done <BLANK> either made or won the finals."

We're always the exception to the rule.

When we finally win it will be something absurd... like "The Suns are the first team to win the title despite losing 60 games!"

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
You can't be six most turnovers in the NBA as a team and be successfully a top ranked team. If the two PGs we brought in can change that reality for us, we WILL win way more games. You could see in the box scores, we have low turn overs in a game, win. Lots of turn overs in a game, loss. It was one of the best indicators of win/losses for us. Rebound battle, too. Both of those things are in our power to change.

Thats's what made Vogel so frustrating. It seemed he never really addressed that when you watched how our guys played.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think the Suns missed out on a good prospect in FC Oscar Tshiebwe. He signed a two-way contract with the Jazz.

The Suns two-way contracts are filled.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pprat