2024-2025 Around the NBA Thread

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
WTF is ESPN doing? They lost Woj and now decided to fire Lowe? Their basketball coverage was finally improving and moving in a good direction for the first time in a decade or so, since Chad Ford and Hollinger left around when Bill Simmons started getting high on his own farts before leaving also.

Simmons got out right before ESPN went to crap. It’s not even good as background noise anymore and the clowns they surrounded Lowe with was insulting. I’m sure they’ll replace Woj with Shams who is equally non-compelling when he’s not tweeting out breaking news.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Isn’t that true of any move though that doesn’t turn out to be successful?!?

Also, Bridges was going to be included in any trade for a star.

I disagree with the premise Mikal Bridges had to be traded, but I prefer we move on to other topics.

The Suns didn't trade as much value for 3× NBA All-Star Bradley Beal. Yes, I no Beal has a no trade clause, but there will always be something.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I disagree with the premise Mikal Bridges had to be traded, but I prefer we move on to other topics.

The Suns didn't trade as much value for 3× NBA All-Star Bradley Beal. Yes, I no Beal has a no trade clause, but there will always be something.
We will have to disagree because there is practically zero shot of getting the player you need without including Bridges.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score

man... you're making a lot of specious arguments that continually leaves a ton of context out. We didn't have to give up much for Beal because of his no-trade clause. The Wiz were DYING to get rid of him because he hasn't shown the 3X All-Star form in years, is chronically injured and has one of the worst contracts in the NBA.

But again... you know all of those things so why make such a specious argument in the first place?

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
man... you're making a lot of specious arguments that continually leaves a ton of context out. We didn't have to give up much for Beal because of his no-trade clause. The Wiz were DYING to get rid of him because he hasn't shown the 3X All-Star form in years, is chronically injured and has one of the worst contracts in the NBA.

But again... you know all of those things so why make such a specious argument in the first place?

He mentioned the NTC. Why are you attacking him for not spelling everything about the NTC out?

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05