2024-2025 Around the NBA Thread

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I love Mikal. Good grief, I still can’t bear to take his mug off my avatar which has been there since he was drafted. But the Knicks WAY overpaid for Mikal. That’s what teams do when they are taking what they believe is the last step.

I would love to have Mikal and Cam still here. But I am not going to have a lot of extra regrets because New York overpaid so much for him.
I don't think they did.

The Villanova connection and their history as champions should not be underestimated. His value to that team is higher than with any other.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I don't think they did.

The Villanova connection and their history as champions should not be underestimated. His value to that team is higher than with any other.

I think they overpaid a little because the Nets didn't want to trade with a local rival unless they got the best deal available and the Knicks made sure theirs was the best offer on the table. It'd been almost 50 years since the Nets and Knicks had made a trade with each other.

Ronin

…..
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I mean I think the knicks over paid for a third banana. I do not like that trade for the knicks.

I did love the jrue Holliday signing for the Boston Celtics last year. So I’ll take my victory laps where I can get them.

Last edited:

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
I mean I think the knicks over payed for a third banana. I do not like that trade for the knicks.

I did love the jrue Holliday signing for the Boston Celtics last year. So I’ll take my victory laps where I can get them.
They may have overpaid, but I think the Knicks had extra firsts over that span as well, so they may have dealing with house money to an extent in that trade.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
They may have overpaid, but I think the Knicks had extra firsts over that span as well, so they may have dealing with house money to an extent in that trade.
That’s true. They do apparently still have a couple first rounders in the next three years so they may not be done dealing.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
And in spite of all of that and Bridges:

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

That's some serious talent, although the Knicks will likely lose Hartenstein. The Suns GM might need some tips on where to spend money.

The Knicks are preparing to compete with the Celtics and will need their wing players.

Just think if the Suns had kept Mikal Bridges and Cam Johnson, although Cam may get traded by the Nets to help complete their rebuild.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I hate all these fake sites that look real. Woke up to the stunning news the Warriors had agreed in principle to trade for Paul George. Then I read the "article" it says the Warriors send Chris Paul, GP2, Kevon Looney and a 2026 first round pick to the Clips for PG. That can't be right no way that's enough to get him unless they are going into full rebuild mode and want expiring contracts? Do a little research and it's completely made up the site is based in the Philippines.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I mean I think the knicks over paid for a third banana. I do not like that trade for the knicks.

Wish we could trade Beal for Jrue.

Joe Mama

Supporting Member
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media
Interesting. I thought putting McDaniels on Booker instead of KD was the single most important thing they did in that first round series. for the most part they did the same thing against Denver on Murray