2024-2025 Around the NBA Thread

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The amount of money Simmons has made is insane for what he's actually earned.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Final year of arguably the worst contract in NBA history, and probably the final year of Ben Simmons career.

I'd be surprised if he plays more than 20 games, the only real curiosity is if the Nets use his expiring as fodder in a larger trade.

There were some scouts who had him pegged from day one, watched him at LSU and saw a player with no interest in competitive basketball.
Ben Simmons is the only thing keeping Ayton from running away with "never lived up to overall 1st pick" award of the last 10 years.

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score
I'd be surprised if he plays more than 20 games, the only real curiosity is if the Nets use his expiring as fodder in a larger trade.

Simmons and picks for Durant would be a no-brainer for me, but there would have to be a third team.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Simmons and picks for Durant would be a no-brainer for me, but there would have to be a third team.

This begs the question of why did the Suns trade for Durant in the first place if his value is saving money and acquiring draft picks.

The Suns had all that and more prior to the trade.

The trade value of Mikal Bridges was phenomenal in comparison.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Depends on the picks and what the 3rd team does. Definitely not a no brainier for me if you get back Simmons and junk picks. Then you basically get nothing in return.