2024-2025 Around the NBA Thread

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That says it all about the Lakers, they have no hope of competing and they know it, so they are focusing on Lebron puff pieces.

I suspect the Lakers are going to get a lot of friendly calls this season because the father-son duo will capture a lot of headlines.

Suns_fan69

Official ASFN Lurker
Reaction score
Yeah, a healthy Robert Williams would take over the starting position at center in Portland, but as you pointed out, he has trouble staying healthy.

Duop Reath isn't half bad either considering he was a free agent addition.

Now the Trail Blazers have Donovan Clingan.
My guess is that Clingan will have the starting position before the year is out. Not because he'll be terrific, but because he'll be competent and actually put consistent effort in every night.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My guess is that Clingan will have the starting position before the year is out. Not because he'll be terrific, but because he'll be competent and actually put consistent effort in every night.

Agree, especially if the Trail Blazers find a trade for Ayton.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

I forgot they drafted Clingan. Yeah, Ayton is a goner. I wouldn't be surprised if they sell low, like 2 1st round picks. Maybe just 1 if the right team bites.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I forgot they drafted Clingan. Yeah, Ayton is a goner. I wouldn't be surprised if they sell low, like 2 1st round picks. Maybe just 1 if the right team bites.

Ayton, on cruise control, puts up about 17-10... like clock work, and with very efficient offense stats, and with moments of brilliance on both ends... however, for half of most games he is basically a non-combatant, just standing around going through the motions.

Ayton is infuriating, because you know how good he SHOULD be. He's never going to be as good as he should be, that much is clear now, but I think we're not close to the point where he isn't viewed as an obvious starter.

I think he sleepwalks to his career averages the next couple years, then he hits free agency, and no one really wants him, he ends up on a one year "prove it" deal and decides low pay deserves low effort and I am talking on the Ayton scale of effort, so low effort will equal no effort.

I don't think he really cares, he's "trying" to the extent that he is for the money, he has said as much, when that money diminishes he will not even pretend to care.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
If Redick plays Bronny with any regularity at all, it will just show that he's a puppet with strings being pulled by Lebron.

That is going to be an interesting story line.

Bronny isn't an NBA prospect, he is REALLY bad, he can't shoot (from any distance), pass, rebound and outside of hunting trailing blocks, he can't defend his supposed "wing" position.

He needed several years to grow his game, his numbers at USC were terrible, he probably would have redshirted at most serious programs.

Short guards who are terrible shooters, bad passers and mediocre defenders are utterly worthless... and that feels like the best case scenario for Bronny these next couple years.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Bronny James gets his first preseason basket against the Timberwolves.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
I have to think Ant ok'd the deal or maybe even asked for KAT to be dealt. Outside of that, it doesn't make sense for Minnesota. New York was surely the ones who opened up the talks.

I also disagree with @Phrazbit idea Towns is at risk of becoming a Zack Lavine type of albatross. He's a 7 footer who is in the 52/40/84, which is insane. He's not as good as Dirk overall but the shooting numbers are comparable. In fact KAT has better career averages than Dirk across the board. I know stats aren't everything but he's also a 4 time All-Star and 2 time All NBA player. He's not Lavine. He'll remain tradeable simply due his efficiency and size are unique. Lavine is a chucker and a SG in a league overflowing with talented wings.

Stat comparison...

You must be registered for see images attach

I feel like the Knicks are going to be devastating offensively as long as Brunson is healthy and not exhausted from having to carry the load. For example if we play them which Sun is guarding Brunson who humiliated us last year? Who’s guarding KAT who had a 68% TS in our playoff series? Plus they have long defensive wings that can make life tough on KD/Book. I feel our only advantage vs the Knicks is depth.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I feel like the Knicks are going to be devastating offensively as long as Brunson is healthy and not exhausted from having to carry the load. For example if we play them which Sun is guarding Brunson who humiliated us last year? Who’s guarding KAT who had a 68% TS in our playoff series? Plus they have long defensive wings that can make life tough on KD/Book. I feel our only advantage vs the Knicks is depth.

It's asking a lot of a rookie, but Ryan Dunn might be the defensive stopper the Suns need.