2024 Draft Countdown/NFL Prospects thread

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
I want to see Williams take the next step, by hanging in the pocket and working the route tree with his receivers.. hitting guys on post patterns, out patterns, slants.. based on timing.
I would like to see that as well, but I feel the opportunities to do so may not present themselves. Maybe Washington. Probably will have to get to the college playoff.

TheCardFan

Things have changed.
Reaction score
A superstar QB at USC losing to Utah is not a flex in any way.

FWIW- it wasn't a flex. The original conversation was that Caleb doesn't play under pressure and his highlight plays wouldn't translate tot the NFL.

I merely picked a game that he was under tremendous pressure from a top defense and he performed at a high level (under pressure) with a hamstring injury.

I am going to guess most people didn't watch the video. If you did, let me hear your argument against what he did and how that doesn't translate to the NFL.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
FWIW- it wasn't a flex. The original conversation was that Caleb doesn't play under pressure and his highlight plays wouldn't translate tot the NFL.

I merely picked a game that he was under tremendous pressure from a top defense and he performed at a high level (under pressure) with a hamstring injury.

I am going to guess most people didn't watch the video. If you did, let me hear your argument against what he did and how that doesn't translate to the NFL.
Utah went to a blitz heavy scheme when they got down and Caleb couldn't beat it. He ate a bunch of sacks where he didn't get the ball out of his hand. He kept fading back in the pocket. He didn't recognize where his outlets were with pressure.

Two costly turnovers at the end of the game.

We see this game very differently. One TD and two turnovers in the 2nd half. Three 3 and out drives. He couldn't beat the blitz in the biggest game of the season. You have to be able to do that in the NFL.

CardNots

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I want to see Williams take the next step, by hanging in the pocket and working the route tree with his receivers.. hitting guys on post patterns, out patterns, slants.. based on timing.
I’d like to see him grow another 2 inches of heigth…

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I don't think its a fair statement.
Most people just watch the flashy plays.
He makes those kinds of plays sure...like a superstar.

He has ELITE decision making
ELITE pocket awareness and escapability
He can make all the throws and he is an excellent runner.

Example:
Utah game (playoffs). Played against a great defense.
He got injured up 17-3, was under pressure all night, and was sacked 7 times.

You must be registered for see images attach

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
I’d like to see him grow another 2 inches of heigth…

He’s 6’3” I think the thing that will get brought up when compared to the other QB prospects is age. He’ll be a 24 year old rookie. However Joe Burrow was a 24 year old rookie and had Chase/Jefferson at LSU.

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
He’s 6’3” I think the thing that will get brought up when compared to the other QB prospects is age. He’ll be a 24 year old rookie. However Joe Burrow was a 24 year old rookie and had Chase/Jefferson at LSU.
When I search Williams it says he's 6'1". Where are you finding the extra 2 inches?

TheCardFan

Things have changed.
Reaction score
Draft order/Mock Draft real time:

RON_IN_OC

Reaction score
Draft order/Mock Draft real time:

The Vikings are being slick with their tank job. Cousins is gone after this year...Imagine them getting Williams or Maye with all that other talent on the roster.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
The Vikings are being slick with their tank job. Cousins is gone after this year...Imagine them getting Williams or Maye with all that other talent on the roster.
That defense isn't all that good either though.

As much as Cardinals fans have bashed the teams moves at CB, look at their depth chart. It's pretty bare and you saw what the Eagles did against that group.

RON_IN_OC

Reaction score
That defense isn't all that good either though.

As much as Cardinals fans have bashed the teams moves at CB, look at their depth chart. It's pretty bare and you saw what the Eagles did against that group.
Getting rid of Cousins and drafting Williams/Maye, allows for a lot of $$ to be spent on plugging those holes.

TheCardFan

Things have changed.
Reaction score
We will see what Drake Meh does vs Minnesota.

He is going to need a break out game today.

Last edited:

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
I probably go MHJ at #1 overall if that's the scenario. Best available OL at #6 or stick with Verse.

#6 might be Joe Alt level. He plays RT for the Irish, but he's a tough guy who moves people and is fairly athletic for a brawler type.

I'd look at Either moving PJJ to LT and sliding Alt into the RT spot, or if you keep Humphries, slide Alt into LG and run with a line of Hump-Alt-Froholdt-Hernandez-PJJ.

Trading the pick for big time draft capital might be the move that finally builds a team that can be competitive for more than a few years.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score

He was a wrecking ball against South Carolina, that's for sure. Mack Brown consistently found really good front seven players his first time around at Chapel Hill.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sparky