2024 Draft Countdown/NFL Prospects thread

CardNots

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Wait, WHAT????BA's offense was great and he's won everyplace he's been, including an NFC Champ game and a SB.

Also, Penix is very accurate. It's not like those throws were off target. In fact, those were NFL throws where many times you throw it to your guy even with tight coverage expecting them to make the play. How many times did you hear about Larry, even when he's covered, he's open?
I can’t count that high.

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
The receiver group really delivered. We can actually start with Harrison, who met with nine teams—and lived up to his reputation as a cerebral, sharp, affable kid. I had an exec from one team that met with him say that their meeting with the Ohio State star was as “great as any we’ve had.” Thus, the evaluation here won’t be difficult.

“Yeah, he’s super easy,” says an AFC college scouting director.

Harrison met with nine teams total and went through medicals while declining to take part in on-field drills or physical testing. He actually did ask a couple teams if there’s anything they’d need to see at his pro day in Columbus, Ohio later this month. One I talked to laughed at the notion.

So right now, I’d put him down in pencil as the fourth pick to the Arizona Cardinals. One former colleague of Monti Ossenfort told me that Harrison is a wheelhouse sort of prospect for the Cardinals GM, the way Harrison’s ex-teammate Paris Johnson Jr. was last year. Both are very clean character-wise, and a height-weight-speed dynamo. Maybe Harrison goes before the Cardinals pick. I have a hard time seeing him get past them.

From there, two other players have a very legit shot of going in the top 10.

The first is Washington’s Rome Odunze, who absolutely knocked ’em dead in Indy. Coming in at a shade under 6'3" and weighing 212 pounds, the Huskies’ contested-catch superstar ran a 4.45 in the 40-yard dash, which is huge for a prospect battling concerns over his ability to separate, and registered a 39-inch vertical leap. With the Los Angeles Chargers, New York Giants and Tennessee Titans picking right after Arizona, he’s a good bet to go inside the top seven picks.

The second is LSU’s Malik Nabers, the one player in this group who didn’t help himself this week. He skipped the on-field work, which isn’t a big deal. He also chose not to measure or weigh in, which perplexed a lot of teams. But he’s good enough that he’ll be given plenty of rope to make up for that at his pro day.

Then, there’s the next tier of guys. Nabers’s teammate, Brian Thomas Jr., was the second fastest receiver at the combine, smoking a 4.33 in the 40-yard dash at 6'3" and 209 pounds, while jumping 38.5 inches. After that, you get Texas’s burners: Xavier Worthy broke the combine record in the 40 with a 4.21, and his 6'2", 205-pound fellow Longhorn, Adonai Mitchell, ran a 4.34 in the 40, and jumped 39.5 inches. All three are very much in the first-round conversation.

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Harrison met with nine teams total and went through medicals while declining to take part in on-field drills or physical testing. He actually did ask a couple teams if there’s anything they’d need to see at his pro day in Columbus, Ohio later this month. One I talked to laughed at the notion.
I thought he was a no show. Haha.

Garthshort

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
My hope is that we come away with two All-Pro's in the 1st round. At #4 it looks pretty certain that we'll get one, whether it's MHJ or Odunze. And I don't care how tempting the trade offers are, Monti has to stand pat and select one of them. At #27, the choice will be more daunting, and while I'm hoping for an OT, I'll trust in Monti if the run, as I'm sure there will be, on OT's, frees up a DL, CB or Edge. That will be the challenge.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
My hope is that we come away with two All-Pro's in the 1st round. At #4 it looks pretty certain that we'll get one, whether it's MHJ or Odunze. And I don't care how tempting the trade offers are, Monti has to stand pat and select one of them. At #27, the choice will be more daunting, and while I'm hoping for an OT, I'll trust in Monti if the run, as I'm sure there will be, on OT's, frees up a DL, CB or Edge. That will be the challenge.
I am hopeful Monti is willing to move up from 27 if the board falls a certain way. No reason to sit at 27 when you have immediate needs, highly graded players who fit those needs, and multiple 3rd round picks or future picks.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
I am hopeful Monti is willing to move up from 27 if the board falls a certain way. No reason to sit at 27 when you have immediate needs, highly graded players who fit those needs, and multiple 3rd round picks or future picks.
I don't see it. After the blue chips are gone, the red chip population of this draft might just stretch to #35, maybe even past it. That is actually a trade down scenario.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
That's an unrealistic hope to be honest.

What I hope is an All Pro with #4 and a good starter with #27 and. #35.

Card'em

All Star
Reaction score
Agree with Krang. If we could get an elite player at #4, two good starters at #27 and #35, and another good starter from one of our 3 third round choices, I'd be ecstatic. Four legitimate starters from any draft is outstanding.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

Agree. 13 picks is too many in my opinion and a lot of analysts think the back end of the draft is trash. Super loaded up front and weak after round 4.

Hoping Monti uses 3-4 of the lower picks to move up if needed.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I think Javon is a whole 3 rounds better than Luke tbh.

McCaffrey has fantastic hands and body control. You get the ball near him and he catches it. I'm just not sure about all the stuff that leads up to getting the ball.

Would think Baker goes late round 2 and McCaffrey goes mid 5th.

OP
OP
football karma

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
im with you there

while i beleive that one of the tackles makes it to 27, the number of teams between 13 and 26 who could really use an OT is long: LV, NO, CIN, LAR, PIT, CLE and DAL all either have a journeyman at an OT spot, or, are losing a starter to UFA.

Garthshort

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Concerned but excited by the OT's. Excited because there seems that there are so many good ones. Concerned, because going back to the year we drafted Simmons there were a lot of first round OT's drafted, and while I remember the Giants and Jets drafting OT's, being from NY, the guy who might have been the best, Wirfs from TB, lasted until the teens, I believe. My point being that it seems tougher to evaluate offensive linemen than WR's.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
I think Javon is a whole 3 rounds better than Luke tbh.
I disagree but I get it. Luke has two years of being a WR and that inexperience can show. I am also a bloodline guy. In this case I am happy to grab the bigger (slightly), faster, and less experienced WR a round later who I am confident will be able know how to stick in the league.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score

It seems like 27 overall is a great place to draft the best third-tier prospect and less likely to get the last second-tier prospect. You either decide to move up or you fall back to more closely match the value of the asset.

Garthshort

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
im with you there

while i beleive that one of the tackles makes it to 27, the number of teams between 13 and 26 who could really use an OT is long: LV, NO, CIN, LAR, PIT, CLE and DAL all either have a journeyman at an OT spot, or, are losing a starter to UFA.
Of course it's possible that if a starter goes to UFA, it's to a team listed above, removing them from the list of teams drafting OT's.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ryderckarm