2024 Draft Countdown/NFL Prospects thread

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
He was a no show for meeting with reporters in public.

While Odunze had a top 3% all time workout and crushed the interviews.

If he was named Jarvin Garrison we would be talking about how Odunze might be overtaking him. Harrison certainly didn't have a better season in the field.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Luke McCaffrey 3 cone and short shuttle times are fire.
It was amazing watching Mahomes run the 3 cone to perfection in the Super Bowl. :p

I kid, but the overall depth of this receiver class means that the Cardinals don't necessarily have to use a 1st day and 2nd day pick on a receiver. There is likely to be a good receiver prospect available at #104.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I disagree but I get it. Luke has two years of being a WR and that inexperience can show. I am also a bloodline guy. In this case I am happy to grab the bigger (slightly), faster, and less experienced WR a round later who I am confident will be able know how to stick in the league.

I'd have no problems with him after Round 4. Plenty of upside there. Obvious why you like him.

The CMC connection gives some assurances of work ethic and commitment too.

OP
OP
football karma

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
I am hopeful Monti is willing to move up from 27 if the board falls a certain way. No reason to sit at 27 when you have immediate needs, highly graded players who fit those needs, and multiple 3rd round picks or future picks.

fwiw, based on a few NFL draft trade charts: to go from #27 to #17 (this gets you ahead of CIN, LAR and PTT -- all who need an OT) it would cost #71 (TEN's 3rd gained last year) + the 4th.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Post combine mock
You must be registered for see images attach

Marvin off the board, so the Cardinals take Odunze, happily.

When I got to #27, the group of players I liked was probably 10 deep, so I traded down and took Graham Barton, a very safe OL prospect who can play guard and tackle. I picked up #68 which I used on Melton.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
Post combine mock

Marvin off the board, so the Cardinals take Odunze, happily.

When I got to #27, the group of players I liked was probably 10 deep, so I traded down and took Graham Barton, a very safe OL prospect who can play guard and tackle. I picked up #68 which I used on Melton.
The simulators don't account for actual rankings, but when playing around with them, I am shocked with how many rank the DTs lower. Murphy, Sweat, Fiske, and Jenkins seem to hang around later than I would guess happens. I had one where Murphy was available at 27 and then Sweat available in round 2. Jenkins available top of round 3 as well.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
The simulators don't account for actual rankings, but when playing around with them, I am shocked with how many rank the DTs lower. Murphy, Sweat, Fiske, and Jenkins seem to hang around later than I would guess happens. I had one where Murphy was available at 27 and then Sweat available in round 2. Jenkins available top of round 3 as well.
I think the DL class is actually fairly deep, but lacks a Jalen Carter type prospect.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Hmmm.... Interesting mock that has us trading down to #6, missing on MHJ, and then taking Dallas Turner and Newton in the first round.

It's not too crazy. With the overall depth of the WR class, the Cardinals can make the case that you could get a WR later who can be an impact player.

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It's not too crazy. With the overall depth of the WR class, the Cardinals can make the case that you could get a WR later who can be an impact player.
I don't think it is crazy either. Would certainly address the gaping wound of a need with the defensive front. But, my guess is Monti would take oline at #6 unless that was addressed in free agency.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
I don't think it is crazy either. Would certainly address the gaping wound of a need with the defensive front. But, my guess is Monti would take oline at #6 unless that was addressed in free agency.
I think the plan might be to try and wait out Humphries return. Probably sign a midtier vet and then draft a developmental guy.

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
I think the plan might be to try and wait out Humphries return. Probably sign a midtier vet and then draft a developmental guy.
was reading up on it and it appears things are going well. Hump will be off crutches by the time FA starts and is already past 90 degree flexion with the knee.
from this vantage point it looks pretty likely he could be back on the field early October...thats seven months to rehab from this point. not undoable

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
It was amazing watching Mahomes run the 3 cone to perfection in the Super Bowl. :p

I kid, but the overall depth of this receiver class means that the Cardinals don't necessarily have to use a 1st day and 2nd day pick on a receiver. There is likely to be a good receiver prospect available at #104.
Better than me. I'd be seriously tempted to double dip at WR in the 1st round or instead of pick 27 with pick 35.

I know that's unlikely and probably not the best option. However, thoughts of MHJ or Odunze or Nabers and Adonai Mitchell (a WR is going to drop imo) solves the WR core for the next half decade.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Better than me. I'd be seriously tempted to double dip at WR in the 1st round or instead of pick 27 with pick 35.

I know that's unlikely and probably not the best option. However, thoughts of MHJ or Odunze or Nabers and Adonai Mitchell (a WR is going to drop imo) solves the WR core for the next half decade.
Maybe.

It also means that four years from now you are paying two guys a lot of money. That could be an untenable situation.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
Maybe.

It also means that four years from now you are paying two guys a lot of money. That could be an untenable situation.
Eh. The chance that both WRs turn into superstars is very small. In the meantime, you can play both of them at the same time, plus Michael Wilson and/or Rondale Moore and/or Greg Dortch.

I think the Cards have more needs than just WR to justify concentrating resources at the position. If this roster comes out of the first two waves of free agency stronger than I expect right now, I wouldn't mind them doubling down at WR, Edge, or CB, to be honest.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
He doesn't have a big arm, he isn't a big guy, and he isn't a mobile guy, what else do you call that?
I found Bryce Young to be the least impressive "blue chip" QB prospect that I've seen in quite some time.

IMO his best case is being like the 12th best QB in the NFL because he doesn't have any really special traits and he has a few below average traits.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Eh. The chance that both WRs turn into superstars is very small. In the meantime, you can play both of them at the same time, plus Michael Wilson and/or Rondale Moore and/or Greg Dortch.

I think the Cards have more needs than just WR to justify concentrating resources at the position. If this roster comes out of the first two waves of free agency stronger than I expect right now, I wouldn't mind them doubling down at WR, Edge, or CB, to be honest.
Even non-superstars get paid at WR.

Imagine having to pay a top 10 WR contract (likely highest paid WR with the way contracts work) and another guy who would possibly fit in the top 10-20 spot if he worked out.

Nope, I'll wait until round three and get a solid guy while also signing a veteran.

phillycard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
That's what I see when I run through realistic mock scenarios. WRs are absolutely at a premium. They might be the second most valued position in the NFL right now.

I don't see a scenario where Odunze or Nabers are available past probably #8.

Here is a multi trade down where the Cardinals luckily still got Odunze. I'd be ecstatic if it worked out this way:
This would be a flat out A++ draft us. I would have to pinch myself in disbelief. Sheeez.

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ryderckarm