2024 Draft Countdown/NFL Prospects thread

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Why do we think it would be better moving Paris to OG rather than a draftee? Keep in mind that come next year Paris would have a year's NFL experience at OT.
I don't. That's what I'm saying.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
His game against LSU was fire
True, but was real meh against Boston College when they really didn’t need him to be. I think I like Dallas Turner more.
He's the top guy, but if you think PJJ can be close and play LT, I'm taking Alt.
I believe Olu is a better prospect than PJJ was. That’s why I love the idea of just keeping PJJ at RT & Olu at LT. I don’t even think Alt is the 2nd best OT in this class let alone 1st.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
I’m a sucker for trading down and want Monti to be the Sam Presti of the NFL but I just can’t pass on Marvin Jr. You saw how many QB’s had a career year with Randy Moss and the effect he had on defenses. Depending on the top-5 order I can see a scenario where we take him #1. Ryan Poles seems like a terrible GM that could do some illogical and screw us over though.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I’m a sucker for trading down and want Monti to be the Sam Presti of the NFL but I just can’t pass on Marvin Jr. You saw how many QB’s had a career year with Randy Moss and the effect he had on defenses. Depending on the top-5 order I can see a scenario where we take him #1. Ryan Poles seems like a terrible GM that could do some illogical and screw us over though.
If we hold the #1 & #2 spots…

Trade #1 for a Kings Ransom

Use #2 to draft MHJR

Boom.

SunsTzu

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
If we hold the #1 & #2 spots…

Trade #1 for a Kings Ransom

Use #2 to draft MHJR

Boom.

My dream scenario would be Cards with 1 & 2 and Bears get 3 with one of the picks. Cards trade 1 to the Bears for a deal including their 2 picks, trade 2 for a kings ransom to a QB needy team then take MHJ at 3.

Dreaming is free.

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
The Bears division being so bad might make them still try and compete for a little while. I think the Seahawks beat the Lions, Chargers beat the Vikings and maybe the Saints beat the Packers. So even if they're 0-3 after this weekend they can still have some hope.
I don't think so. There's probably 3 QBs taken, and then there's MHJ of course.

Then some of the rest in no particular order:
Kool-Aid, Alt, Bowers, Latham, Verse, TGrice, Fashanu, Latu etc.
Kinda wasnt thinking about Bowers because I've been hoping McBride becomes solid this year. However, yea he'd be tough to pass up. Not gonna let the Falcons wasting Kyle Pitts have me avoiding him. This me is thinking if we're picking like 6 or 7 with our pick.k

Ronin

In your city
Super Moderator
Reaction score
One QB prospect has being playing great since he transferred.
You must be registered for see images attach

Bo Nix!

I still wouldn’t pick him until day 3. He scares the hell out of me.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
That already happened.

What about the Lions with Hockenson

Or the Broncos with Fant

Or the Bucs with OJ Howard

Or the Lions again with Ebron
Logan Thomas is the only member of the Arizona Cardinals 2014 draft class still playing in the NFL.

Troy Niklas drafted in the same class washed out after four seasons, 19 receptions, and 203 yards.

Don't draft TEs high.

EDIT: Did you know Niklas is cousins with Jake Matthews? Was this not known at the time?

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Logan Thomas is the only member of the Arizona Cardinals 2014 draft class still playing in the NFL.

Troy Niklas drafted in the same class washed out after four seasons, 19 receptions, and 203 yards.

Don't draft TEs high.

EDIT: Did you know Niklas is cousins with Jake Matthews? Was this not known at the time
?
Cousins through marriage IIRC.

It was talked about at the time.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
That already happened.

What about the Lions with Hockenson

Or the Broncos with Fant

Or the Bucs with OJ Howard

Or the Lions again with Ebron
Eh none of those guys were even remotely as accomplished as Bowers though. It's not even close. Bowers is likely the best TE prospect ever from an accomplishment perspective. None of those TEs were really the focal point of a passing game the way Bowers is.

With that said, while I like Bowers, I am cognizant of how much of a waste it can be to draft non-premium positions high.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
True, but was real meh against Boston College when they really didn’t need him to be. I think I like Dallas Turner more.

I believe Olu is a better prospect than PJJ was. That’s why I love the idea of just keeping PJJ at RT & Olu at LT. I don’t even think Alt is the 2nd best OT in this class let alone 1st.
I think Fashanu and Alt are very different prospects. Fashanu is a better prospect, but part of that is his experience playing LT, which PJJ only had one season of.

Alt is a just an absolute mailer who can also pass block. He's a tone setter.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
I agree overall. The only way I'm passing on Harrison is for a package that is too hard to pass up. Passing games are built around having a good assortment of targets, so I think if you traded down for like 5 picks and got Rome Odunze, you'd be pretty happy.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Eh none of those guys were even remotely as accomplished as Bowers though. It's not even close. Bowers is likely the best TE prospect ever from an accomplishment perspective. None of those TEs were really the focal point of a passing game the way Bowers is.
Man, we(not you & I, speaking in general) literally had this same song & dance with Pitts. People were preaching on how Pitts was going to mismatch nightmare & how we shouldn’t let Hockenson scare us from drafting him.

I just wonder how long will it be when we’ll do the same thing with the next “great” TE after Bowers doesn’t live up to his draft status.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I think Fashanu and Alt are very different prospects. Fashanu is a better prospect, but part of that is his experience playing LT, which PJJ only had one season of.

Alt is a just an absolute mailer who can also pass block. He's a tone setter.
If you also believe Fashanu is the better prospect, shouldn’t you also agree that who we should be aiming for over Alt(if they’re both there)?

I’d rather my OT prospects be better pass-blockers than run-blockers coming out.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Man, we(not you & I, speaking in general) literally had this same song & dance with Pitts. People were preaching on how Pitts was going to mismatch nightmare & how we shouldn’t let Hockenson scare us from drafting him.
Pitts isn't the prospect that Bowers is though. Bowers is a focal point of a championship offense and if you watch enough of Georgia, you see a kid who makes winning plays. He's a chain mover, a big play threat, and an extremely smart football player.
I just wonder how long will it be when we’ll do the same thing with the next “great” TE after Bowers doesn’t live up to his draft status.
This is the fear. That's why Bowers is lower on my list the more I think about it, but I also would be excited to add him.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Pitts isn't the prospect that Bowers is though.
I get that, but it’s a domino effect. Pitts wasn’t the prospect Bowers is. Hockenson wasn’t the prospect Pitts is. Fant wasn’t the prospect Hockenson is, etc.

He’s a great player & all, but under no circumstance we should use a top 10 pick on a TE. Well, unless I can look into the future & see he’ll become Gronk 2.0, lol.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sparky