2024 Draft Countdown/NFL Prospects thread

Crimson Warrior

Dangerous Murray Zealot
Reaction score
Colorado not quite ready for PRIMEtime...and 21 pts might be light on the spread.

I feel bad for CO man. I really do. Because I get what Sanders is doing, and there's value in it.

But there's psychology to consider in dealing with opponents, and every team CO plays now has that game circled on their calendar. A jealous Oregon comes out sky high because 85% of the media coverage is not about them. For a Colorado State, playing the Buffalos is their Superbowl, etc. etc.

It's still salvageable, and Sanders can still accomplish his mission. But IMHO, he needs to find a way to deflect some of the attention away from the program for a year or two so that they're not such a target. Give him and his staff to build up the talent level some. Just my opinion though.

Also, glad we have a little thread to talk about college ball too. :)

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
I feel bad for CO man. I really do. Because I get what Sanders is doing, and there's value in it.
I don't. Deion came into that program, acted like a jackaloon, feasted on some bad teams and is now being fed the medicine he deserves.
But there's psychology to consider in dealing with opponents, and every team CO plays now has that game circled on their calendar. A jealous Oregon comes out sky high because 85% of the media coverage is not about them. For a Colorado State, playing the Buffalos is their Superbowl, etc. etc.
Oregon has a right to feel slighted. They are an actual good team, not brash loudmouths like Colorado.
It's still salvageable, and Sanders can still accomplish his mission. But IMHO, he needs to find a way to deflect some of the attention away from the program for a year or two so that they're not such a target. Give him and his staff to build up the talent level some. Just my opinion though.
I really dislike how he treated the players who were on Colorado when he got there. He was a jerk.
Also, glad we have a little thread to talk about college ball too. :)
It's good talk, but I don't like jerks like him. Jerks are being normalized in our society.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Kool-Aid is a better prospect than Verse, but I can’t allow myself to be cool with drafting a CB in the top 10 without a pass-rush in front of him.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
I prefer Fashanu to Alt.
Alt seems like he will be beaten by speed pretty easily in the NFL.

Bigger question - what do we do with DJ who still has 2 years left on his contract and is a team leader?

If we are blowing it up (new QB), then we trade DJ as well and can start over with bookend OT's.
If we are keeping Kyler, we need to build around him (add talented players). You don't get there by a replacing a position of strength on this team when there are so many other holes. SO MANY!
LT is such an important position that would be worthwhile to have a noticeable upgrade.

Crimson Warrior

Dangerous Murray Zealot
Reaction score
I don't. Deion came into that program, acted like a jackaloon, feasted on some bad teams and is now being fed the medicine he deserves.

Oregon has a right to feel slighted. They are an actual good team, not brash loudmouths like Colorado.

I really dislike how he treated the players who were on Colorado when he got there. He was a jerk.

It's good talk, but I don't like jerks like him. Jerks are being normalized in our society.

Okay, I think I understand Krang.

All I'm saying is I think some of the big pictures things that Sanders can accomplish are worth maybe a little colleterial damage (not much but a little). I don't want to edge to far over into P&R so I'll leave it that. Hope you have a good rest of your weekend!

P.S - I also don't like seeing the CO kids getting their heads kicked in because their team has become such a high value target, but I'm afraid there's nothing for that at this point, at least for the next six or seven games or so. Like you mentioned in one of your other posts, adversity tends to make a person tougher, even stronger, and hopefully that's what will happen to the CO players.

SunsTzu

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Harrison Jr not on the field for a 4th down pass play…. Also these ND uni’s are making old timer golden domers roll in their graves.
Looks like they finally remembered he is on the team and finally started to target him.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
Ohio State’s QB is brutal but he threw a nice ball to MHJ that got called incomplete even though it was a clear catch.
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media