2024 Draft Countdown/NFL Prospects thread

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
My only pet peeve is that right now we're grading thees guys and they are playing against defenses that aren't nearly as good as the ones they're facing in practice. It will be interesting to see if any of them look this dominant when they get into conference play.

Crimson Warrior

Dangerous Murray Zealot
Reaction score
Drake Maye looks as good, if not better than Caleb Williams tonight. This guy may very well be a better option for the Cardinals than Williams if he continues to play like this.

Eh, spencer rattler, the QB for south carolina in that game arguably outplayed Maye. 2 picks vs. 2 TDs in that game for the future HOFer Maye. Tsk tsk.

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Drake Maye looks as good, if not better than Caleb Williams tonight. This guy may very well be a better option for the Cardinals than Williams if he continues to play like this.
From the eye test yes. He looks like a Herbert/Trevor Lawrence level talent. However, this wasnt the game for it tbh. Should have had 3 ints if SC's secondary was better.

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I don’t blame him.

We’ll just be drafting the slightly taller version of him.
Nope. People lose me on the Kyler comparison. They are two totally different QBs. Caleb is nowhere near the athlete. He is much stronger though.

I'd say Caleb is somewhat of a mix of Mahomes/Watson. He climbs the pocket much more. Throwing on the run was a problem we discussed with Kyler up until his 3rd year in the league.

I was higher on Kyler as a potential than both though. However, I was counting on certain areas to improve.

schutd

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I dont get to watch college footballl, so my opinion means nothing. Penix highlights look like hes a strong pocket presence and is literally throwing without using the lower half of his body. Powerful, and great long ball placement.

Williams looks like Kyler Murray. Elusive, strong arm, great ball placement, but makes decisions that will get him in a lot of trouble in the nfl.

Crimson Warrior

Dangerous Murray Zealot
Reaction score
Nope. People lose me on the Kyler comparison. They are two totally different QBs. Caleb is nowhere near the athlete. He is much stronger though.

I'd say Caleb is somewhat of a mix of Mahomes/Watson. He climbs the pocket much more. Throwing on the run was a problem we discussed with Kyler up until his 3rd year in the league.

I was higher on Kyler as a potential than both though. However, I was counting on certain areas to improve.

Also, C. Williams gets hit more when he runs ala Hurts or L. Jackson. Which is fine when its the LBs from Nevada delivering the blows. Not so much when it's the front seven from the 49ers.

But whatever. Grass is always greener and all that.

If we somehow end up drafting the future multiple NFL MVP Caleb Williams I hope he wins us ten superbowls.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Nope. People lose me on the Kyler comparison.
Same HC.
Same offense.
Same “gives off arrogant vibe”
Same having a crazy supporting cast/athletic advantage over the majority of the conference.
Same unreal out-of-structure playmaking ability.

He climbs the pocket much more.
Cause he’s slightly taller. Instead of taking the layups, he still goes for home-runs. Hell, it honestly feels like he does it more than Kyler did back at OU.

Ronin

In your city
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Merged the the two draft threads.

Updated the title

TheCardFan

Things have changed.
Reaction score
Marvin Harrison had an off game. 2 catches for 18 yards.

Landed awkwardly on this shoulder but came back in...QB play looks like it might be an issue for him this year.

TheCardFan

Things have changed.
Reaction score
LOVE what Deion Sanders is doing.

Expect him to be an NFL coach when his son graduates.

Edit - I didn't realize his son was eligible this year.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SportsBetJake