2024 Draft Countdown/NFL Prospects thread

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Same HC.
Same offense.
Same “gives off arrogant vibe”
Same having a crazy supporting cast/athletic advantage over the majority of the conference.
Same unreal out-of-structure playmaking ability.

Cause he’s slightly taller. Instead of taking the layups, he still goes for home-runs. Hell, it honestly feels like he does it more than Kyler did back at OU.
You'd make a better case if you said he's Baker Mayfield with better tools.

Kyler has/had tunnel vision when breaking contain for the part. Because he trusted his speed. Also he was more based on efficiency than creating the spectacular. Caleb thrives on the 3rd and long plays that guys like Mahomes did in college. Kyler simply wanted to avoid getting in 3rd and longs at all costs. Cause if so then he'd take the check down.

No disrespect but this is such casual analysis. So much so that I dont think you watched Kyler and Caleb play that much in college. I mean I know you have, but how you got to thinking they are the same is weird to me when actually watchin them play football.

Idk. I guess if Deshaun Watson played for Riley people would be saying he's taller Murray as well.

TheCardFan

Things have changed.
Reaction score
Drake Maye looks as good, if not better than Caleb Williams tonight. This guy may very well be a better option for the Cardinals than Williams if he continues to play like this.

100% disagree.

Let's not make the same mistake that the Bears did...taking another #10 from NC over Mahomes.

Ronin

In your city
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Both are draft eligible
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
Same HC.
Same offense.
Same “gives off arrogant vibe”
Same having a crazy supporting cast/athletic advantage over the majority of the conference.
Same unreal out-of-structure playmaking ability.

Cause he’s slightly taller. Instead of taking the layups, he still goes for home-runs. Hell, it honestly feels like he does it more than Kyler did back at OU.

Don’t mind a little arrogance unless it’s super cheeseball like painting your nails or grabbing your crotch like Baker. Hurts is the only L Riley QB who seems like an adult.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
I dont get to watch college footballl, so my opinion means nothing. Penix highlights look like hes a strong pocket presence and is literally throwing without using the lower half of his body. Powerful, and great long ball placement.

Williams looks like Kyler Murray. Elusive, strong arm, great ball placement, but makes decisions that will get him in a lot of trouble in the nfl.

Penix has mastered his mechanics and release point. Some of those deep balls he couldn’t have placed better if they were handoffs.

Ronin

In your city
Super Moderator
Reaction score

Crimson Warrior

Dangerous Murray Zealot
Reaction score
Some gossip about Caleb from the Sooner's message board. We so want both him and Riley to fail, so take it with a grain of salt:

TheCardFan

Things have changed.
Reaction score
Caleb is very confident and seems like he has a bit of Aaron Rodgers type leadership style.

What I like is that he takes accountability and talks about what he needs to do better/where he fell short.

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
Some gossip about Caleb from the Sooner's message board. We so want both him and Riley to fail, so take it with a grain of salt:

What I read into that is, I think they want him to play within the offense... That maybe some of his jailbreak heroics are due to him not being patient or letting the offense develop. Similar to what we've seen from Kyler Murray in the NFL.

Maybe Williams is being coached on the sidelines and doesn't understand the need to be coached even when you're up 66 to 20.

Nobody really knows but the guy's in that quarterback room.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
thinking they are the same is weird to me when actually watchin them play football.
Because that’s what they are. Obviously, Caleb doesn’t have the athleticism has, but they have the same flaws of trying to go for the home-run every play. That play Ronin posted is hilarious because while it was a cool highlight, it’s not going to happen nearly as much idk the NFL. He missed the open left slot WR in that same exact play.

Calling Caleb similar to Mahomes is a casual take. That’s everyone’s go-to comp.

Draft Drake Maye. The guy that’s already way better in-structure & can play out of structure as well.

WiscoBird

Veteran
Reaction score
Mekhi Wingo for LSU is a problem. drafttek has him at 142 on their big board but the guy is a beast.

Will also be keeping an eye on the QB from Oregon ST going forward. This might be the deepest QB class in a long time.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Conner
Reaction score
Mekhi Wingo for LSU is a problem. drafttek has him at 142 on their big board but the guy is a beast.

Will also be keeping an eye on the QB from Oregon ST going forward. This might be the deepest QB class in a long time.
Eh he (DJ Uiagelelei) was such a bust at Clemson, I need to see multiple years of success from him before I believe in him. He took a team with National Championship aspirations and completely shuttered their hopes and dreams. He was bad.