2024 Draft Countdown/NFL Prospects thread

WiscoBird

Veteran
Reaction score
Eh he (DJ Uiagelelei) was such a bust at Clemson, I need to see multiple years of success from him before I believe in him. He took a team with National Championship aspirations and completely shuttered their hopes and dreams. He was bad.
I know his struggles with Clemson. Kid needed a change of scenery and he got it. Kids got NFL size and ability. If he puts it together he will be drafted.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
Because that’s what they are. Obviously, Caleb doesn’t have the athleticism has, but they have the same flaws of trying to go for the home-run every play. That play Ronin posted is hilarious because while it was a cool highlight, it’s not going to happen nearly as much idk the NFL. He missed the open left slot WR in that same exact play.

Calling Caleb similar to Mahomes is a casual take. That’s everyone’s go-to comp.

Draft Drake Maye. The guy that’s already way better in-structure & can play out of structure as well.

Caleb and Mahomes being similar as prospects isn’t a hot take or anything. There’s some things you can nitpick but they’re a lot alike at the same stage. No one thinks he’ll be the pro version.

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Because that’s what they are. Obviously, Caleb doesn’t have the athleticism has, but they have the same flaws of trying to go for the home-run every play. That play Ronin posted is hilarious because while it was a cool highlight, it’s not going to happen nearly as much idk the NFL. He missed the open left slot WR in that same exact play.

Calling Caleb similar to Mahomes is a casual take. That’s everyone’s go-to comp.

Draft Drake Maye. The guy that’s already way better in-structure & can play out of structure as well.
Again..talking football.

Kyler goes for the homerun after looking at the presnap alignment. Kyler wasnt actively throwing intermediate passes or threading the needle as much. There are throws Caleb attempts in college that Kyler never dared (for better or worse)

Again my comp is more of a mix between Mahomes and Watson. He can make absurd on the run throws consistently. And he uses his strength and footwork to set defenders up to create downfield throwing lanes like Watson (did)

This just might an agree to disagree deal. You see enough non structure to not want to risk it. Im more or so talking about the specifics.

I like Maye. He has the higher/safer floor. I wouldnt be shocked if Caleb still ends up way better though. Would that happen with the Cardinals? Im not quite sure as maybe Maye just fits better with Petzing's system.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Caleb and Mahomes being similar as prospects isn’t a hot take or anything.
I know it’s not a hot take. It’s probably the coldest take out there cause I’ve seen barely anyone else but Mahomes being Caleb’s comp. That’s why I believe it’s a casual take because literally everyone is calling that take.

Harry

ASFN Consultant and Senior Writer
Reaction score
Bad QB may hurt Harrison, but he still has his talent. If the Cards’ picks drop, watch Coleman, an FSU WR import from Mich St. He’ll be climbing the boards. If you’re looking at Edges, Verse had a tough game. Long way to go, but lots of things will change as usual.

Ronin

In your city
Super Moderator
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Ronin

In your city
Super Moderator
Reaction score

Ronin

In your city
Super Moderator
Reaction score

Ronin

In your city
Super Moderator
Reaction score

Ronin

In your city
Super Moderator
Reaction score

Ronin

In your city
Super Moderator
Reaction score

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score

I agree with a lot of this. Mahomes was making plays like this at Texas Tech because his supporting cast was not very good. Caleb is doing this with one of the most talented rosters in college football. That doesn't translate to the NFL and like Kyler, he is not going to go to a team that will allow him to do this at the NFL level.

Draft Drake Maye.