2024 Free Agency thread

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
Jerry Jones is an idiot. Since Lamb Went Public with wanting a New deal the Price has gone up significantly.

Jerry has made superstar players hold out during the season before. If I’m Dallas I move on from Dak after his deal is up considering they won’t be able to afford the pieces around him.

Ronin

In your city
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Adam Schefter
@AdamSchefter
·
4m
Cowboys are signing former Colts free-agent defensive end Al Quadin Muhammad to a one-year deal.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Jerry has made superstar players hold out during the season before. If I’m Dallas I move on from Dak after his deal is up considering they won’t be able to afford the pieces around him.
Dak is the most overrated QB by far if you ask me. Not saying QB's are easy to find but IMO you will never win anything with him.

I would not have paid him last time, and I certainly would never give him 50 million plus a year.

BACH

Superbowl, Homeboy!
Reaction score
That doesn't change anything.

Is he going to let Lamb, Dak and Parsons walk all together?

If he is going to let one or two walk - fine. But then the player(s) that they want to keep should have been extended 5 monts ago.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
Dak is the most overrated QB by far if you ask me. Not saying QB's are easy to find but IMO you will never win anything with him.

I would not have paid him last time, and I certainly would never give him 50 million plus a year.
This take is so tired. Based on this rubric, the only QBs who are properly rated are Tom Brady (no retired) and Patrick Mahomes. Matt Stafford played 12 years in the NFL and never won anything until he won everything.

QBs of Dak Prescott's quality don't come on the market very often. Is he better than Kirk Cousins?

Dak "only" scored 34 points in the playoffs this year. What a loser.

CardNots

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
This take is so tired. Based on this rubric, the only QBs who are properly rated are Tom Brady (no retired) and Patrick Mahomes. Matt Stafford played 12 years in the NFL and never won anything until he won everything.

QBs of Dak Prescott's quality don't come on the market very often. Is he better than Kirk Cousins?

Dak "only" scored 34 points in the playoffs this year. What a loser.
I guess he just needs a better coach and stud defensive lineman?

Garthshort

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
My feeling is that VG QB's aren't easy to find, but I don't know if that's true. I'll have a better idea after I see how the six or seven rookie QB's do this year.

Redsz

We do this together
Reaction score
So... Any pass rushers left to sign out there?

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
With no pass rush, how are we supposed to tell who is good on the D? Now we're looking at Collins and Gardeck as starters. That's a joke.
Well, you hope a first round pick makes an impact. I am also optimistic about Stills.

That said, I know Robinson and Stills are not true edge rushers.

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The goal has always been to create sustained success, so I don’t see the Cardinals venturing too far from that plan. That means they won’t trade picks for vets. I could see a relatively inexpensive 1 year deal for a veteran FA edge who’s still out there. The offense will be counted on to win games while the D continues to be a work in progress. Next year’s draft is one loaded with talent on the defensive side of the ball.

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score
Well, you hope a first round pick makes an impact. I am also optimistic about Stills.

That said, I know Robinson and Stills are not true edge rushers.
Yeah, I guess their approach at DT/DE is to throw numbers at it, but to your point, definitely none of them are edge rushers.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
Agree but Monty is patient and committed to the slow build so you know he doesn’t want to trade picks for vets. Our D will get track meet’d vs any good QB this year and the offensive will have a lot of performances that get wasted.
He's hard targeting 2027 to compete.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sparky