2024 NBA Draft Thread

FB94

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Trying to recreate Bridges with the Dunn pick. All for defense as I could have put up points against this team last year.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Why draft such an offensively limited player? :(
I like Dunn. Word was that his offense was much better than advertised in workouts. The guy is a dog on the court. This team needs that. He is almost universally considered the best defensive player in the draft. Any time you can get that with a late first round pick, you take it. They were likely targeting him at 22. They got him at 28 plus three more picks. Yeah, the picks are late, but still they are better than having nothing.

Maybe we can package those 2nd rounders and move up to get Kolek.

Last edited:

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
I’m sure they’ll say all the right things but Portland is already sick of Ayton after one year which I predicted. Talented but such an uninspiring persona. He shouldn’t be too hard to move given his contract having two years left.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
I’m sure they’ll say all the right things but Portland is already sick of Ayton after one year which I predicted. Talented but such an uninspiring persona. He shouldn’t be too hard to move given his contract having two years left.
Who's going to want him? He failed on a good team and failed on a bad one.

Folster

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I wonder if there's any chance we try to nab Kolek. It would probably take our 2031 pick unless we can cobble together the 2nds we got from Denver, but I doubt that's enough.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
He, seemingly, has 2 NBA ready skills... he can defend and he can rebound. We were not particularly great at either. He also can, supposedly, defend 1 through 4. Which we reeeeally need.

Getting someone who can contribute immediately with a late pick is a tall order. I'm fine with this.

I don't expect him to ever learn to shoot though. The three point thing is alarming but the free throws are a huge red flag.

I'm somewhat expecting... bigger, more versatile, Josh Okogie.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah, the big issue everyone who's enthusiastic about this pick is overlooking is that Dunn isn't going to be playable unless he somehow gets his shooting together.

And if anyone else who scouted him thought that was going to be a simple matter, he would have been drafted much higher in what was hardly a talent filled draft.

But hey, dreaming is free, so maybe somehow he will be a key addition to leading the Suns to a championship next year, right?

It helps me to think of Dunn as a power forward who can dominate defensively and rebound, but yes, his shooting has to improve.

JerkFace

(Formerly offset) i have a special purpose
Reaction score
I wonder if there's any chance we try to nab Kolek. It would probably take our 2031 pick unless we can cobble together the 2nds we got from Denver, but I doubt that's enough.

Minnesota got all the way up to #9 for their 2031 pick (and a 2030 pick swap). Our 2031 would be way to valuable to trade for a second round pick. Our best hope is for him to slip into the 40s then our #56 and a future 2nd should be plenty.

Sparky16

All Star
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media
I would never consider last year's team defensively average, below average at best. Literally almost didn't make it into the playoff with Book, Durrant and Beal. Again, I don't mind the pick of Dunn at 28, it's an automatic upgrade. Cleary there are several fundamental issues with the team, not just the "statistically average" defense.
The Suns don't have enough shots to share with the big 3 anyway. they need a dude to play D, get boards and put backs. This is why Gordon packed his bags, deep down he is a ball hog chucker and needs his 15-20 shots a game or gets butt hurt

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

I'm disappointed so many folks here seem to believe this is legitimate. It takes 2 seconds to click a tweet and see who wrote it. Seeing someone who claims to be a beat reporter for the NE Patriots but lists no publication and claims to have 2 PHD's in journalism and the female anatomy should tip you off.

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Is it me or the NBA draft starting to feel more like thr MLB draft with more potential than actual impact talent? They should go back to 5-7 rounds and create a true minor league system.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Is it me or the NBA draft starting to feel more like thr MLB draft with more potential than actual impact talent? They should go back to 5-7 rounds and create a true minor league system.
I don't know, I thought the NBA draft has always been more about potential, especially beyond the first 15 picks or so -- and that's in a GOOD year.

Folster

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The Suns don't have enough shots to share with the big 3 anyway. they need a dude to play D, get boards and put backs. This is why Gordon packed his bags, deep down he is a ball hog chucker and needs his 15-20 shots a game or gets butt hurt

Yeah, but teams will double off of the Suns weakest shooter like they did with Okogie. If he can't make them pay, it will be tough to stay on the floor.

Sparky16

All Star
Reaction score
Yeah, but teams will double off of the Suns weakest shooter like they did with Okogie. If he can't make them pay, it will be tough to stay on the floor.
He can probably finish around the rim better than Okogie

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I'm disappointed so many folks here seem to believe this is legitimate. It takes 2 seconds to click a tweet and see who wrote it. Seeing someone who claims to be a beat reporter for the NE Patriots but lists no publication and claims to have 2 PHD's in journalism and the female anatomy should tip you off.
Did anyone believe this as legit? I think there were two comments: “wut?” And “it’s silly”

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
It’s a dumb move by a coach to camp you weakest shooter out at the 3 point line. Have him set screens, cut to the hoop, move around the lane. This guy is a fantastic rebounder, putting him in position for offensive boards would be brilliant. NBA coaches these days lack any kind of creativity.

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stbmd