2024 NBA Draft Thread

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Look at it this way, he’s already a better defender than okogie and probably a comparable shooter already.
And he’s bigger and bouncier than okogie.

They say he’s the best defender in the draft. Lots of blocks and steals. But is he a team defender like bridges or a lockdown man defender like a thybulle?

When the dude is 6’6 and the talking heads all focus on his blocks it doesn’t excite me.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
They were abysmal, they could never get a stop when it mattered. Teams absolutely imposed their will just about anytime they wanted.
Exaggeration. We were middle of the pack defensively with 4th quarter problems. Middle of the pack teams struggle for stretches or they wouldn’t be middle of the pack.

#15 Team Defense
#13 Points Allowed
#13 Defensive Rating

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Exaggeration. We were middle of the pack defensively with 4th quarter problems. Middle of the pack teams struggle for stretches or they wouldn’t be middle of the pack.

#15 Team Defense
#13 Points Allowed
#13 Defensive Rating
Right.

Hyperbole isn't a good way to build a team.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
Dunn will need to learn to shoot to survive in Bud's system, but if he does, Dunn has a really high ceiling. Maybe even Mikal high.
Bridges shot was ugly at the start. He developed very well. Here's to hope!

AzCardsfan76

Hall of Famer
Reaction score

#15 Team Defense
#13 Points Allowed
#13 Defensive Rating
I know people pull numbers and stats, but watching the games were enough for me. I know they were middle of the road statistically. But clearly, they couldn't get stops when it counted, they were disconnected on the defensive end for the majority of the season. Whether it was the defensive genius Vogels schemes or the players themselves, they just weren't very good.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I know people pull numbers and stats, but watching the games were enough for me. I know they were middle of the road statistically. But clearly, they couldn't get stops when it counted, they were disconnected on the defensive end for the majority of the season. Whether it was the defensive genius Vogels schemes or the players themselves, they just weren't very good.
They were average by any definition. There were teams better and half the league was even worse no matter how you want to slice it. The “eye test” was even worse for half the league.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Made 12 threes in 65 games. Whoa. That’s REALLY bad. I knew he wasn’t a shooter. I didn’t know he was a ZERO shooter.

AzCardsfan76

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
They were average by any definition. There were teams better and half the league was even worse no matter how you want to slice it.
I would never consider last year's team defensively average, below average at best. Literally almost didn't make it into the playoff with Book, Durrant and Beal. Again, I don't mind the pick of Dunn at 28, it's an automatic upgrade. Cleary there are several fundamental issues with the team, not just the "statistically average" defense.

Raindog

I didn't come here to be liked!
Reaction score
Made 12 threes in 65 games. Whoa. That’s REALLY bad. I knew he wasn’t a shooter. I didn’t know he was a ZERO shooter.
Yeah, the big issue everyone who's enthusiastic about this pick is overlooking is that Dunn isn't going to be playable unless he somehow gets his shooting together.

And if anyone else who scouted him thought that was going to be a simple matter, he would have been drafted much higher in what was hardly a talent filled draft.

But hey, dreaming is free, so maybe somehow he will be a key addition to leading the Suns to a championship next year, right?

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I would never consider last year's team defensively average, below average at best. Literally almost didn't make it into the playoff with Book, Durrant and Beal. Again, I don't mind the pick of Dunn at 28, it's an automatic upgrade. Cleary there are several fundamental issues with the team, not just the "statistically average" defense.
I know that’s how you feel but every team that was worse than the Suns had fans saying the same thing you are about the Suns and how their teams did defensively. Facts are facts. All those teams have fundamental issues.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stbmd