2024 NBA Draft Thread

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Now that Isbia has said they are not trading KD the team is going to have to nail this draft and free agency that’s for sure. Unless they move someone like Nurk I don’t see how they significantly improve or you have to hope that the coaching was truly a major issue last season.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm disappointed so many folks here seem to believe this is legitimate. It takes 2 seconds to click a tweet and see who wrote it. Seeing someone who claims to be a beat reporter for the NE Patriots but lists no publication and claims to have 2 PHD's in journalism and the female anatomy should tip you off.

These tweets were big clues.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
These tweets were big clues.

To be fair, X has a rule that Parody accounts must have that in the user title. This seems to be a violation of X rules. Likely not enough complaints yet. I was in conference calls all day so I known didn’t deep dive. Not shocked other ASFN users did.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Now that Isbia has said they are not trading KD the team is going to have to nail this draft and free agency that’s for sure. Unless they move someone like Nurk I don’t see how they significantly improve or you have to hope that the coaching was truly a major issue last season.

Maybe that's how you took it but he didn't say directly. He said this team is competing for a championship, which is already a bit of a stretch. He never said any player is untouchable.

Superbone

Phoenix native; Lifelong Suns Fan
Reaction score
It’s a dumb move by a coach to camp you weakest shooter out at the 3 point line. Have him set screens, cut to the hoop, move around the lane. This guy is a fantastic rebounder, putting him in position for offensive boards would be brilliant. NBA coaches these days lack any kind of creativity.
Which is what was done with Okogie by both Williams and Vogel. It will be interesting to see how Bud utilizes him assuming he's still on the team.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Which is what was done with Okogie by both Williams and Vogel. It will be interesting to see how Bud utilizes him assuming he's still on the team.
Yeah. I am not sure Okogie will be on the team going forward. They probably sign him and set up a camp rivalry between Okogie and Dunn.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Maybe that's how you took it but he didn't say directly. He said this team is competing for a championship, which is already a bit of a stretch. He never said any player is untouchable.
Maybe that is not how you took it. He said Phoenix Loves Durant and Durant loves phoenix while mentioning stories out there were wrong. He could have just left well enough alone. Plus, all the local guys have been told they are running it back with this team. So, unless KD demands to be traded or some team comes out of the woodwork with a star for star deal it's a no go. He didn't say Booker was untouchable either but he isn't going nowhere right now.

Not sure why he needs to spell that out when he said he wants to complete for a title. You can't do that unless you replace star for star talent. Ishbia wants to compete for a title next season. I believe that. That doesn't mean it's realistic but you don't say that if you are going to trade KD without getting a star in return. Then his comment makes no sense.

Last edited:

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Yeah, trade all three and move up and get Kolek.

To come out of this draft with Dunn and Kolek would be a great accomplishment. No guarantees, but you give yourself a chance at success.

JerkFace

(Formerly offset) i have a special purpose
Reaction score
If we stay at #56 sign me up for Jamal Shead. Late second rounders rarely make it, but I wouldn’t bet against Shead. Worst case scenario his leadership and unselfish play could help develop other young players in the G League.

Peter Sheldon

Veteran
Reaction score
It’s a dumb move by a coach to camp you weakest shooter out at the 3 point line. Have him set screens, cut to the hoop, move around the lane. This guy is a fantastic rebounder, putting him in position for offensive boards would be brilliant. NBA coaches these days lack any kind of creativity.
I so agree with everything you just said!

It's similar to what you would do if you had the best 3 point shooter in the league. Oh wait, we do! Wouldn't you design plays to set him free all day long to shoot the 3? ...Rather than have your stars brick 3s all day long.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
By the way I generally agree with you no player is untouchable. It’s just unrealistic for an Owner/GM to say that with every statement in order for it to be valid for you. Nothing is ever 100% but it doesn’t make it likely.

Also 98.7 just played a soundbite from James Jones last night. He said that he will repeat what he said on May 19th. “Kevin Durant is not getting traded.”

Sounds about as definitive as it gets unless Jones and Ishbia are not aligned.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
By the way I generally agree with you no player is untouchable. It’s just unrealistic for an Owner/GM to say that with every statement in order for it to be valid for you. Nothing is ever 100% but it doesn’t make it likely.

Also 98.7 just played a soundbite from James Jones last night. He said that he will repeat what he said on May 19th. “Kevin Durant is not getting traded.”

Sounds about as definitive as it gets unless Jones and Ishbia are not aligned.
That is what it is until someone makes an excellent offer. Such an offer would have to include lots of picks and an excellent young player.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
That is what it is until someone makes an excellent offer. Such an offer would have to include lots of picks and an excellent young player.
Sure if someone makes an offer you can’t refuse then it’s possible. That’s why no Owner or GM is going to come out and say “untouchable” or “never”. Doesn’t make it anymore likely to happen. Jones statement is as close to it you will ever get.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
agreed. But it requires a big that can shoot so the lane/dunker spot can be populated by a Dunn. Or just going small.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
To be fair, X has a rule that Parody accounts must have that in the user title. This seems to be a violation of X rules. Likely not enough complaints yet. I was in conference calls all day so I known didn’t deep dive. Not shocked other ASFN users did.
I don’t even have Twitter. So I get what’s delivered here. Also have no desire to do deeper research. If something ends up being disingenuous someone here usually corrects it. No big deal.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ryderckarm