2024 NFL offensive line rankings

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
No weak links, but bottom 6?

26. ARIZONA CARDINALS

The Cardinals' offensive line is without any truly weak links but also lacks above-average players.
Moving from right side to left tackle, Paris Johnson Jr. is expected to live up to his potential in his second season after ranking just 57th in PFF overall grade among offensive tackles as a rookie in 2023. Arizona also signed Evan Brown and Jonah Williams in free agency to further stabilize the offensive line.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
Given the team’s injuries at WB, QB, and the line itself, plus the transition to a new coaching system, I thought the O-line did a very good job. It wasn’t tremendous, just very good. The Cardinals issues were elsewhere on the team.
Agreed. It was a really nice surprise. Especially Fro. I can admit I was wrong on him.

Redsz

We do this together
Reaction score
That ranking is brain dead. Just shows that few writers / analysts actually watch the games.

Big_Red_One

Rookie
Reaction score
Hope all these best guesses by "experts" can be used by the players to motivate the team.

Waiting semi-patiently for the start of TC.......

Garthshort

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
That ranking is brain dead. Just shows that few writers / analysts actually watch the games.
The media starts with the opinion that the Cardinals aren't a good team, and most experts just jump on that bandwagon. So, in order to justify that opinion they have to award low grades to the position groups. As fans we probably over rank the position group, but there is one group that I have a lot of confidence in, and stats to back it up, and that is our RB group. Logic tells me that you don't have good RB's without good OL-men. I'm not a betting person, but to me, this year's Arizona team is going to be better than expected. I believe starting with the Buffalo game, and I'm talking about betting. And after we cover, all the experts will say that Buffalo is a big disappointment, not even covering against the Cardinals.

Bottom line, after the fifth game, the experts will recognize AZ. And about two games later, so will this Board. :)

Stout

Reaction score
Come on. We're not being undervalued as a team in the least. We can recognize the improvements on the team, but until the Cards do anything, they're a 4-win team with a crap defense and question marks elsewhere. I hope we're better than that, but I won't give the media grief for not saying we're better than that.

Garthshort

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Anyone can voice an opinion AFTER seeing how a team performs, but an expert should be able to do that BEFORE the season starts. They do that by:
1. Looking how the team did last season when they had their starting QB playing, or other extenuating circumstances.
2. Looking how they did in the offseason.
I feel that an expert would come away with the opinion that the Cardinals should show major improvement this year. JMO.

Stout

Reaction score
Anyone can voice an opinion AFTER seeing how a team performs, but an expert should be able to do that BEFORE the season starts. They do that by:
1. Looking how the team did last season when they had their starting QB playing, or other extenuating circumstances.
2. Looking how they did in the offseason.
I feel that an expert would come away with the opinion that the Cardinals should show major improvement this year. JMO.
Where would you rank them? I couldn't possibly rank them in the top half of the league. Top 20? Meh...

I don't see where the "how dare they" attitude comes from on this topic.

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
Where would you rank them? I couldn't possibly rank them in the top half of the league. Top 20? Meh...

I don't see where the "how dare they" attitude comes from on this topic.
I dunno man. It seems when one actually takes the game of football into consideration a ranking between 12 and 15 seems fair.

One can argue the numbers wouldn't be as good without Connor breaking tackles...yes... but we all saw them open holes big enough for a Peterbilt every game last season...
They are an average line. Above average run blocking and below average pass blocking.

They certainly are not bottom five.

Garthshort

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
With KM at QB, I think our pass blocking will improve, this year. Of course, my take is based upon our two starting OT's playing well. Not certain that they will, but think that they will. Being a good running team should help.

Stout

Reaction score
I dunno man. It seems when one actually takes the game of football into consideration a ranking between 12 and 15 seems fair.

One can argue the numbers wouldn't be as good without Connor breaking tackles...yes... but we all saw them open holes big enough for a Peterbilt every game last season...
They are an average line. Above average run blocking and below average pass blocking.

They certainly are not bottom five.
Oh...I get it. I stumbled into a group-specific ranking thread and am talking about the team overall. My bad.

Yeah, I agree with you 100 percent. I was talking about the team itself.