The Official US Soccer thread

cardpa

Have a Nice Day!
Reaction score
Yeah. They got a little fortunate at times on defense and have looked a little exposed with pace down the sides, but the overall structure and how they are building the team looks nice

Players are moving well and creating stress - just need to keep that organization in the back while pushing ahead

I definitely like the direction though
I think teams realize that they can attack down the flanks with speed which the US has had trouble defending. However on the other side Rodman's speed has created a lot of problems for opponents.

MigratingOsprey

Thank You Paul!
Reaction score
The men's journey ended. Not surprised at the outcome, but thought it would be a little more competitive.

First penality was a bit soft, bit when you spend that much time scrambling and defending in your zone that kind of thing happens

I'm not at all mad at the effort or approach. Morocco was just suffocating out there.

Zeno

Ancient
Reaction score
The United States Soccer Federation is offering Pellegrino Matarazzo, an American who manages German club TSG Hoffenheim, its open job, according to German outlet Bild.

Sky Sports reported that Matarazzo has been identified as one of the USSF’s top choices but that an offer had not yet been formally made.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
The United States Soccer Federation is offering Pellegrino Matarazzo, an American who manages German club TSG Hoffenheim, its open job, according to German outlet Bild.

Sky Sports reported that Matarazzo has been identified as one of the USSF’s top choices but that an offer had not yet been formally made.

:barf:

We sure are setting the bar low. Is this a game of limbo?

Zeno

Ancient
Reaction score
:barf:

We sure are setting the bar low. Is this a game of limbo?

Well it appears he turned the job down. So as far as we know 2 managers have turned down the job. They want a new manager in place for the friendlies next month getting short on time now.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
Yes! He has this new approach where you use triangles all over the field. We could really benefit from that!
You say that as a joke, but in fact, we really could use more of that. LMAO. The ladies team has sure turned around. They are playing much better. Part of it is the players making themselves available for the pass. They are actually using their feet and moving to open spots. What a concept! :)

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media
. This would be just about best case scenario.

Ronin

In your city
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Awful Announcing
@awfulannouncing
·
27m
"It is Gold, glorious Gold for the United States! 12 years and a day since their last! After languishing on the nursery slopes, now they are back on top of the mountain! They are once again the Gold standard!" - Jon Champion on the call⚽️️#USWNT

Lorenzo

Reaction score
I can dig that hire. It would also drive my Gooner friend nuts. Double bonus!
I like him too for obvious reasons and I think spurs were too quick to bail on him which is something that spurs chairman Daniel Levy oddly admitted to afterward. I don't know that Poch at the top of his game anymore as a manager. but he does have experience and he has always said he has a desire to manage a national team. I've always thought that he would eventually manage his home country, but with them winning everything at the moment he might not get that chance.

Lorenzo

Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Gregggg was retained bc he was a buddy to everyone...nice to see Adams talk about instituting some accountability.
yeah for sure. I like Tyler Adams, but we also need to see more from him. they need a manger who would point it out to Tyler that he was jogging back on one of the goals given up vs. Netherlands. Need a manager that will leave Tyler off the roster if he's not fit. that's the ruthlessness that exists in countries that win trophies.

MigratingOsprey

Thank You Paul!
Reaction score
Guardian reporting it's close with Poch.

I wouldn't be mad at it. He's had positive experience with piecing in younger players, understands the structure of development and is a quality manager - not sure he has the strongest of hands, which I think the US could benefit from though

Town Drunk

Longest serving ASFN lurker
Reaction score
Guardian reporting it's close with Poch.

I wouldn't be mad at it. He's had positive experience with piecing in younger players, understands the structure of development and is a quality manager - not sure he has the strongest of hands, which I think the US could benefit from though
Yeah, I’m not sure they could have done better at this point.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pprat