2024 Texans pick watch thread

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
But an Andrew whitworth isn’t more valuable than a Bruce smith. We could do this all day. The truth is the Houston picks are gambles that are now devaluing with each of their wins.
Dude’s got 1 sack and 1 TFL in 4 games. Can we wait until he at least gets to half of double digits of either stat before worrying that we passed on a Bruce Smith?

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Dude’s got 1 sack and 1 TFL in 4 games. Can we wait until he at least gets to half of double digits of either stat before worrying that we passed on a Bruce Smith?
And if he becomes that good, you can find a bunch of scouts who didn't project Anderson to be that good. Anderson was not viewed in the same class as Bosa or Garrett. He's a good player, but it's not like the Cardinals passed on a generational talent.

I think many underestimated Paris County Jail. He looks like he's going to be a really good player right now.

CardNots

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
And if he becomes that good, you can find a bunch of scouts who didn't project Anderson to be that good. Anderson was not viewed in the same class as Bosa or Garrett. He's a good player, but it's not like the Cardinals passed on a generational talent.

I think many underestimated Paris County Jail. He looks like he's going to be a really good player right now.
I wasn’t able to view the game. Did the coaches scheme to nullify Bosa giving Paris help. Or did Paris handle Bosa himself?

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Yeah, I am not sold on the Texans or Stroud but, unfortunately for us, their schedule is really soft.

It might be me, but I feel like there are an inordinate about of bad teams this year and the Texans play almost all of them, including their own division, which looks to be entirely made of trash.

I think they're a team that can beat most fellow bad teams but will get smoked by good ones, sadly, that still will probably give them 6-8 wins.

Maaaaybe Joe Burrow gets healthy and Cincy rallies, maybe one of these awful NFC South teams manages to stay above .500, but holy smokes... there is a chance that the ONLY winning team the Texans face all year is Baltimore (I don't think much of them either).

They might have one of the easiest schedules ever. It is likely they only play 2-3 teams with a winning record all year.

Last edited:

BACH

Superbowl, Homeboy!
Reaction score
Bears
Panthers
Broncos
Jets?
Raiders?
Vikes?
Pats?
Giants?
I would take off the Broncos, Jets and Pats of this list. Too much talent IMO.

I think the worst team in the league by far is the Panthers and they will finish last. The Bears own that pick.

The Bears are absolutely terrible, but shouldn't be as bad as they are playing at the moment.

Raiders are in a bad spot.

We are playing hard, but very talentless roster, so might not result in many victories.

Giants and Vikes are question marks. Vikings are putting up good numbers, but keep losing. Giants shouldn't be as bad, because the team should be good on paper, but they are not playing well. I think it's unlikely that they will continue being as bad. The team that could surprise (negatively) is the FAlcons. They have not looked good in the last two weeks.

My guess:
#1 - Bears (from Panthers)
#2 - Raiders
#3 - Cardinals
#4 - Bears
#5 - Falcons
#6 - Giants
#7 - Cardinals (from Texans)
#8 - Vikings

Last edited:

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
I wasn’t able to view the game. Did the coaches scheme to nullify Bosa giving Paris help. Or did Paris handle Bosa himself?
The Cards played with 2 and 3 TE sets for much of the game. I don’t recall specific scheming to help Paris, but max protect was definitely part of the game plan.

WakeForestCard

Veteran
Reaction score
The Cards played with 2 and 3 TE sets for much of the game. I don’t recall specific scheming to help Paris, but max protect was definitely part of the game plan.
I don't think there are many guys in the league you leave on an island with Bosa the whole game.

Totally_Red

Air Raid Warning!
Reaction score
Texans are 2-3 after today's loss at Atlanta. I am not optimistic about them having the worst record. Too many bad teams.

Vacard

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
So glad they lost but they are starting to be a good team. They are scrappy like the Cards. They won’t just roll over like really bad teams. They are also not motivated to tank.

BACH

Superbowl, Homeboy!
Reaction score
Updated list.

I think there are 10 team in the buttom of the league. I feel the Jets and Packers are not in that list. Too much talent on the Jets and once the Packers become healthy they are not on the list.

Panthers are the worst team in the league and will get the #1 pick for Chicago.
Bears are showing life and their pick surely doesn't look to be in the top 5 anymore. If it's enough to move them out of that list of 10 teams - not sure yet.
I still think the Broncos are better than what they are showing.
Vikings. Close games. Decent team on paper. Does not translate into wins.
Giants are decent on paper, but absolutely horrible on the field. Worth pointing out that Giants own the head to head against us.
Falcons pulled out a surprise. They are a big question mark at this point.
Patriots is the newcomer to the buttom group. They are one of the better teams on the button and Belichick will not have them finish in the buttom 5.
Raiders won, but still not good. They will be in the top 10, but maybe not top 5
We are playing tough, but argubly the weakest roster after the Panthers. Fun to watch, but not going to result in many wins.
Texans are not as good as they showed in the first 4 weeks.

I still believe we will have two top 6 picks, as I think it's more probable for the Broncos or Vikings and to turn their season around than the Texans playing at the level shown in the first four weeks.

Tier 1:
Panthers (Looks like a lock for #1)
Tier 2:
Broncos (Playing bad, but should be much better than their record shows)
Cardinals (Looks like a lock for this tier)
Giants (Looks like a lock for this tier)
Vikings (Playing okay, but results are not showing)
Raiders (Better than the rest of the tier right now)
Tier 3:
Texans (Cannot keep playing at the level shown in first 4 weeks)
Patriots (I cannot believe a Belichick team is in this tier)
Falcons(Joker... Should move away from this list)
Bears (They will not be here, if they continue what they have shown in last two weeks)

My guess:
#1 - Bears (from Panthers)
#2 - Cardinals (Giants own the head to head)
#3 - Giants
#4 - Broncos
#5 - Vikings
#6 - Cardinals (from Texans)
#7 - Raiders
#8 - Patriots
#9 - Falcons
#10 - Bears

Last edited:

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score