2024 Texans pick watch thread

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
I’m good
I guess there’s a possibility he’s more unicorn than some were willing to admit here. If he becomes parsons part deux we are going to really need to hit on all those other picks to justify not taking him. Paris looks good, but I doubt he counterbalances another parsons by his lonesome.

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
I guess there’s a possibility he’s more unicorn than some were willing to admit here. If he becomes parsons part deux we are going to really need to hit on all those other picks to justify not taking him. Paris looks good, but I doubt he counterbalances another parsons by his lonesome.
i think this is a fair take

i also think that key to the Cardinals development is Kyler coming back and being the QB we hope -- and the odds of that happen go up with good protection and a good running game

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Anderson has one sack and one TFL in 3 games. That doesn’t look like a unicorn and you yourself used to question Krang and others for using pass rush rate as evidence of Cardinals success last year.

And did you really just compare him to Parsons?! Come on Ouchie.

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
Anderson has one sack and one TFL in 3 games. That doesn’t look like a unicorn and you yourself used to question Krang and others for using pass rush rate as evidence of Cardinals success last year.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score

I did not question that. I just don’t give it the same weight as actually getting home. Same with pressures. They all lie along a continuum. In fact it was what got me thinking about the other kid that krang was trumpeting pre-draft (but didn’t sway me away from Anderson).

And I only comp to parsons based on the data in the tweet. I haven’t watched him at all this season to make a personal judgment.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Or what if PJJ becomes an elite LT? Elite LT are more valuable than edge. Even if the pick isn't a top three pick, I'd be happy adding Rome Odunze and will call the trade successful if the Cardinals walk away with an OL building block and a really good WR.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Or what if PJJ becomes an elite LT? Elite LT are more valuable than edge. Even if the pick isn't a top three pick, I'd be happy adding Rome Odunze and will call the trade successful if the Cardinals walk away with an OL building block and a really good WR.
So . . . you’re agreeing with me. Nothing you said counters my statements.

THESMEL

Smushdown! Take it like a fan!
Reaction score
I think Texans quality over quantity tactic is solid strategy, sold out to get the best offensive and best defensive players in the draft.
regardless of the other 51 , they got juice.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
So . . . you’re agreeing with me. Nothing you said counters my statements.
Or not, I'd rather have an elite LT than an elite pass rusher. A Andrew Whitworth is more valuable than a Chandler Jones. We watched how Petzing went after Parsons and used his aggression against him.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sparky