2024 Texans pick watch thread

Crimson Warrior

Dangerous Murray Zealot
Reaction score
Hmmm.. I believe HOU sitting at #16 at the moment.

That's not quite the apocolypse it appeared to be a couple of weeks ago.

It's not inconceivable they end up around #10.

Gandhi

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Hmmm.. I believe HOU sitting at #16 at the moment.

That's not quite the apocolypse it appeared to be a couple of weeks ago.

It's not inconceivable they end up around #10.
CW, they are two games out of the top ten, but six teams actually have the same record (5-7) from the #5 pick to the #10 pick. And of those teams, the Texans right now have the second lowest strength of schedule, meaning that if they right now had a “top 10-record” they would automatically go to the #5 pick.

I am sure you are referring to Stroud being concussed, and I just read that he is still in the protocol, making him doubtful for their next game. And with concussions you never know, so he could be out for longer. Without him, the Texans could definitely lose the last four.

Crimson Warrior

Dangerous Murray Zealot
Reaction score
CW, they are two games out of the top ten, but six teams actually have the same record (5-7) from the #5 pick to the #10 pick. And of those teams, the Texans right now have the second lowest strength of schedule, meaning that if they right now had a “top 10-record” they would automatically go to the #5 pick.

I am sure you are referring to Stroud being concussed, and I just read that he is still in the protocol, making him doubtful for their next game. And with concussions you never know, so he could be out for longer. Without him, the Texans could definitely lose the last four.

Oh wow. I did not realize that Gandhi thank you!

I feel bad for Stroud and Anderson, but with those injuries I think you're right, they could possibly lose out! Wow!

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score

Beyond his concussion is the fact without Dell, he looked lost against the Jets. He was playing like poo before the head injury.

BACH

Superbowl, Homeboy!
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media
This is huge. If this huge group of key players continue to be limited for the Texans, I'm not seeing many more wins. The Texans has the lowest SoS apart from NFC South teams and falling one game down, would drop the draft status by 3-4 spots.

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
im really hoping for the optimal mix of Cardinal draft positions + schadenfruede where:

the Texans pick is as high as possible AND neither the Rams nor Seahawks make the playoffs BUT draft after the Texans pick

Last edited:

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
im really hoping for the optimal mix of Cardinal draft positions + schadenfruede where:

the Texans pick is as high as possible AND the neither the Rams nor Seahawks make the playoffs BUT draft after the Texans pick
We get picks three and seven... Rams and hags pick nine and ten....and somehow that comes true with us spanking Seattle and stealing their playoff hope in the process!!

BACH

Superbowl, Homeboy!
Reaction score

the Texans pick is as high as possible AND the neither the Rams nor Seahawks make the playoffs BUT draft after the Texans pick
That lower middle group of teams are basicly all playing each other in the last four weeks, so some if not all of the 6-7 teams will move up in the standing and lower in the draft order. If the Texans at the same time fall, which is very likely because if this group of players are done for multiple games, the Texans are completely done and will not win another game.

Our pick is going to be #2 - #4 and the Texans will draft #9 - #13, because they have the weakest SoS outside NFC South teams, so they would at minimum be drafting 2nd of the group of teams ending with 7-8 wins.

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
the Texans are completely done and will not win another game.
im not ready to go there

i suspect Stroud misses one game -- then comes back vs Cleveland.

while the Titans are out, with Levis they are pretty capable -- and CLE and INDY are both fighting for playoff spots -- so it will be competitive to the end

BACH

Superbowl, Homeboy!
Reaction score
im not ready to go there

i suspect Stroud misses one game -- then comes back vs Cleveland.

while the Titans are out, with Levis they are pretty capable -- and CLE and INDY are both fighting for playoff spots -- so it will be competitive to the end
I said IF :)

Stroud will miss 1-2 games, but looked absolutely horrific last week without his supporting cast before exiting. His #1 WR is out for the year, his #2 WR will miss 2-3 games, his RT will miss 2-3 games. I'm honestly only expecting 1 more win for this team based on this.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I said IF :)

Stroud will miss 1-2 games, but looked absolutely horrific last week without his supporting cast before exiting. His #1 WR is out for the year, his #2 WR will miss 2-3 games, his RT will miss 2-3 games. I'm honestly only expecting 1 more win for this team based on this.
Good call.

Totally_Red

Air Raid Warning!
Reaction score
Saw the last 2 minutes and OT. TN played ultra conservative and not to lose.

Their 3rd round draft pick should be top 10.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
Hosting the Browns (+2.5) in a game with MAJOR playoff implications.

Couldn't believe Case Keenum was still in the NFL.