2024 Texans pick watch thread

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Drake > Caleb feels like Trubisky > Mahomes. Just a gut feeling, Drake does look very good.
I think you are only thinking this way because of the schools.

Trubisky was a meh player for years at Chapel Hill before he finally broke through, and even then, he never showed the kind of talent Maye has, who started from day one and led all college QBs in big time throws.

HairZach

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I think you are only thinking this way because of the schools.

Trubisky was a meh player for years at Chapel Hill before he finally broke through, and even then, he never showed the kind of talent Maye has, who started from day one and led all college QBs in big time throws.

Mahomes in college made crazy plays every game and put up insane stats, but was overlooked due to unorthodox playstyle that teams didn't think would translate. In the draft teams took a more traditional prospect in Trubisky ahead of him, this is where the comparison to Drake comes from. Caleb is so much like Mahomes to me that taking another QB over him just feels like a mistake.

When I think about it more I guess the Trubisky comparison is a little unfair for Drake. I guess a better comparison is an already developed Josh Allen. These QB prospects are insane.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Mahomes in college made crazy plays every game and put up insane stats, but was overlooked due to unorthodox playstyle that teams didn't think would translate. In the draft teams took a more traditional prospect in Trubisky ahead of him, this is where the comparison comes from. Caleb is so much like Mahomes to me that taking another QB over him just feels like a mistake.
No the issue with Mahomes is that teams were still leery of all the failed Air Raid QBs. Draft analysts also dinged Watson for playing in a spread offense as well.

Trubisky played in an NFL style offense.
When I think about it more I guess the Trubisky comparison is a little unfair for Drake. I guess a better comparison is an already developed Josh Allen. These QB prospects are insane.
Drake was really good last year and it was his first year as a starter. It's crazy to think he hasn't touched his ceiling yet.

CardNots

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Mahomes in college made crazy plays every game and put up insane stats, but was overlooked due to unorthodox playstyle that teams didn't think would translate. In the draft teams took a more traditional prospect in Trubisky ahead of him, this is where the comparison to Drake comes from. Caleb is so much like Mahomes to me that taking another QB over him just feels like a mistake.

Drake has accuracy Josh was dinged for.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
I've heard Steelers fans said he really sucked.
Oh man, sucked is such a weak word for it. I don't think he'd make OUR roster. He was so bad at Center--so godawful--that they tried to make him an h-back/TE hybrid in camp this year because of his athleticism. Oof.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
I've heard Steelers fans said he really sucked.
What's more--and I haaate admitting this--but Omar Khan and the Stillers have absolutely been crushing trades and FA. Tons of savvy FA moves that didn't mortgage the farm, and the Chase Claypool and Broderick Jones trades, not to mention this trade? Damn!

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
What's more--and I haaate admitting this--but Omar Khan and the Stillers have absolutely been crushing trades and FA. Tons of savvy FA moves that didn't mortgage the farm, and the Chase Claypool and Broderick Jones trades, not to mention this trade? Damn!
All true. But, nothing to fear from the Steelers as long as Tomlin is still there lol.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
The Steelers model of team building is a master class on how to build a competitive team every year while also being cheap.

The cheapness holds them back from winning more championships in the modern era, but at least their fans can point to all of the playoff berths as a feather in their caps.