4 thru 7 Round Draft Thread

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The tape they (ESPN U) showed he looked accurate, so 55 percent completion is weird. But they aren't going to show bad passes.

Maybe he's like Skelton where either the pass is dead on perfect 1/3 of the time, well off a significant portion of the rest.

Either way can't argue much with a rocket arm QB(the ESPN U guys said he had flames coming off his arm).

As posted above Walter digs it with and gives an A+ rating.

I wouldn't say Kolb will be cut, but we did do it with ML. I wouldn't say it's even probable, but a possibility perhaps if he gets injured in preseason or is beat out by Skelton?

Wasn't the ML cut also because we felt Skelton wouldn't make it to the ps?

Perhaps this happens again?

Bartel might be the player to go but who knows. Why pay Kolb the big bonus just to let him go?

InfiniteRed

Veteran
Reaction score
We are for sure keeping Kolb. Lindley is a 6th rounder after all, he's going to be competing for the 3rd spot.

Duckjake

LEGACY MEMBER
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
We are for sure keeping Kolb. Lindley is a 6th rounder after all, he's going to be competing for the 3rd spot.

So why waste a draft pick, even a 6th, on a 3rd QB especially when he's almost the same as the guy you just drafted 2 years ago?

Markelle Martin S of OSU who went to the Titans a couple of spots later would have been a better selection.

wilycoyote24

All Star
Reaction score
Didn't the Cards used to have a deeply religious QB that played for them once? I can't quite remember who it was.....oh yeah now i remember...some guy named Kurt Warner!

I don't mean to suggest that being religious is a bad thing, only that it doesn't guarantee being a great character guy.

wilycoyote24

All Star
Reaction score
So why waste a draft pick, even a 6th, on a 3rd QB especially when he's almost the same as the guy you just drafted 2 years ago?

Markelle Martin S of OSU who went to the Titans a couple of spots later would have been a better selection.

The more QBs you have with potential, the better your chances that one works out. And if one does work out, you won't need to draft QBs for a decade.

Duckjake

LEGACY MEMBER
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Tommy Streeter all the way to late 6th round. Looks like Southpaw had him pegged.

Duckjake

LEGACY MEMBER
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Hey Rugby Muffin, did you win some contest to get to make New Englands' 6th round pick?

Nate Epner? Former Ohio State........Rugby player.

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
DAMN!!

Mike Jurecki ‏
RT @BreakingNews: Chicago Bulls PG Derrick Rose has torn ACL and MCL in left knee, will miss remainder of playoffs - @NBCMiami

gmabel830

It's football season!!
Reaction score
Robert Griffin from Baylor just got drafted at the end of the 6th round... Damn, I thought he was going to go #2 overall!!

CardsFan88

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Bartel might be the player to go but who knows. Why pay Kolb the big bonus just to let him go?

Just as a thought, nothing certain of course.

Just saying that if we like Lindley in camp and don't think we could get him through to PS, we have shown that we'll cut the apparent starter going into training camp to keep a guy on the roster (Skelton). Whiz has done it before.

Also if Kolb suffers a concussion in the preseason, imo the writing would be on the wall. If Skelton outplays Kolb and Lindley impresses, who knows.

The Kolb bonus is a sunk cost, if things change afterwards, then it would be $$$ over personnel decision. While usually such $$$ would win out, it's not always the case.

But I would agree that at this point the most likely QB on the bubble is Bartel. Just throwing this out there given Whiz's history and that strong armed QB's that impress in preseason (if he does) are hard to sneak onto PS.

I expect Sampson to help ease him into the fold with a familiar WR to practice and throw to in preseason games. Could help Sampson.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05