4 thru 7 Round Draft Thread

InfiniteRed

Veteran
Reaction score
185. Ryan Lindley, QB, San Diego State: A+ Grade
I really like this pick. Ryan Lindley is a favorite of Bill Polian and Ron Jaworski. He could have gone in Rounds 3 or 4, so he's a steal at this spot. The Cardinals missed out on Peyton Manning and Kevin Kolb is injury-prone, so adding some competition at quarterback was imperative.

Sounds good.

Duckjake

LEGACY MEMBER
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Practice squad guy? A guy to push Bartel?

ESPN U says he has a rocket arm, but only 55 percent completion percentage.

Very strange pick considering they just took Skelator in round 5 two years ago. And traded up to do it.

Don't teams normally use UDFA's as #3 QBs?

Really doesn't matter though. David Carter is like the only 6th round pick to really contribute anything since Nick Leckey in 2004, and that was what only a couple of seasons, and Reggie Wells in 2003.

Meanwhile: Tony Gilbert,Lance Mitchell,Jon Lewis, Chris Harrington, Will Davis, and Jorrick Calvin

Hopefully we'll get a Jim Dray or LSH in the next round.

Last edited:

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
Walter Football....

I really like this pick. Ryan Lindley is a favorite of Bill Polian and Ron Jaworski. He could have gone in Rounds 3 or 4, so he's a steal at this spot. The Cardinals missed out on Peyton Manning and Kevin Kolb is injury-prone, so adding some competition at quarterback was imperative.

gmabel830

It's football season!!
Reaction score

Sounds good.

Walt is loving our draft.

MrYeahBut

4 Food groups: beans, chili, cheese, bacon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
He beat my pathetic Lobos 35-7, of course that ain't saying much

Folster

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Bartel had to wince after that pick. Whiz won't carry 4 QB's.

Monty

2010 Cardinals Draft Guru
Reaction score
Ryan Lindley's WR at San Diego State from 2010 is on the cards roster. DeMarco Sampson.

gmabel830

It's football season!!
Reaction score
Bartel had to wince after that pick. Whiz won't carry 4 QB's.

Wouldn't be surprised if Lindley started on the practice squad, unless he really blows up when he gets the chance in the preseason and opens up some eyes and we can't stash him on the PS.

WildBB

Yogi n da Bear
Reaction score
Wouldn't be surprised if Lindley started on the practice squad, unless he really blows up when he gets the chance in the preseason and opens up some eyes and we can't stash him on the PS.

Yup. He's a year down the line project.

Get him in here, learn the system.

az jam

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
It does make good sense to pick a qb on later rounds to develop. He has the size and arm that you look for in a qb.

CardsFan88

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
The tape they (ESPN U) showed he looked accurate, so 55 percent completion is weird. But they aren't going to show bad passes.

Maybe he's like Skelton where either the pass is dead on perfect 1/3 of the time, well off a significant portion of the rest.

Either way can't argue much with a rocket arm QB(the ESPN U guys said he had flames coming off his arm).

As posted above Walter digs it with and gives an A+ rating.

I wouldn't say Kolb will be cut, but we did do it with ML. I wouldn't say it's even probable, but a possibility perhaps if he gets injured in preseason or is beat out by Skelton?

Wasn't the ML cut also because we felt Skelton wouldn't make it to the ps?

Perhaps this happens again?

Last edited:

AsUpRoDiGy

Magnanimous
Reaction score
Whichever team has the last pick should take Burfict as joke just so he could be "Mr. Irrelevant"

wilycoyote24

All Star
Reaction score
The tape they (ESPN U) showed he looked accurate, so 55 percent completion is weird. But they aren't going to show bad passes.

Maybe he's like Skelton where either the pass is dead on perfect 1/3 of the time, well off a significant portion of the rest.

Either way can't argue much with a rocket arm QB(the ESPN U guys said he had flames coming off his arm).

As posted above Walter digs it with and gives an A+ rating.

I wouldn't say Kolb will be cut, but we did do it with ML. I wouldn't say it's even probable, but a possibility perhaps if he gets injured in preseason or is beat out by Skelton?

Wasn't the ML cut also because we felt Skelton wouldn't make it to the ps?

Perhaps this happens again?

Come on, give Kolb at least ONE more season to develop.

Reaction score
Looking at Lindleys twitter he appears to be deeply religious which means he's a high character guy.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If Burfict had a tough coach in college... who knows.