4 thru 7 Round Draft Thread

gmabel830

It's football season!!
Reaction score
Michael Lombardi gives our draft grade a C+, pshh haaater.

Lombardi also loved the Jags drafting a punter in the third round while giving them a B (note - I think he'll be a good punter and at the end of the day that's what will matter, but third round?!)... I'll go elsewhere for my analysis.

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
Michael Lombardi gives our draft grade a C+, pshh haaater.
I think it will be an "up in the air" draft. So I am fine with that.

Floyd will need to cause 2 things: 1. Give Fitz less bracket coverage. 2. Cause the defense to blitz less.

I still think we should have taken an O lineman or Pass rusher.

Dayman

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Mike Jurecki ‏
RT @BreakingNews: Chicago Bulls PG Derrick Rose has torn ACL and MCL in left knee, will miss remainder of playoffs - @NBCMiami

Breaking News
Update: Report of Derrick Rose's injury was premature; his status is unknown - @NBCMiami

I caught Jurecki's tweet when I was just starting the 4th quarter of the Bulls/Sixers. I sincerely hope it isn't true, although I fear it will be. I didn't think anything could ruin draft weekend for me, but this would do it.

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
Until we can win a game in San Fran and Seattle...... We got some work to do.

I am hoping Kolb gets better with a full offseason and starters reps. If not...... We are 6-10 at best IMO.

Duckjake

LEGACY MEMBER
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
I saw that also. Said San Fran and St Louis had B's and Seattle had a C also. Said no one has caught San Fran yet... Haters...

What a difference 2minutes and 40 seconds make. We win that Super Bowl and we're the team that gets the air time and love. For 25 years. :(

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just as a thought, nothing certain of course.

Just saying that if we like Lindley in camp and don't think we could get him through to PS, we have shown that we'll cut the apparent starter going into training camp to keep a guy on the roster (Skelton). Whiz has done it before.

Also if Kolb suffers a concussion in the preseason, imo the writing would be on the wall. If Skelton outplays Kolb and Lindley impresses, who knows.

The Kolb bonus is a sunk cost, if things change afterwards, then it would be $$$ over personnel decision. While usually such $$$ would win out, it's not always the case.

But I would agree that at this point the most likely QB on the bubble is Bartel. Just throwing this out there given Whiz's history and that strong armed QB's that impress in preseason (if he does) are hard to sneak onto PS.

I expect Sampson to help ease him into the fold with a familiar WR to practice and throw to in preseason games. Could help Sampson.

I have seen nothing from Kolb where he should be considered the apparent starter. If Lindley is highly rated by the Cardinals as a QB prospect, I like Skelton, Kolb and Lindley in that order.

I must say, I worry about Kolb being able to take the pounding. I questioned whether the Cardinals should have given him the bonus but I guess now the Cardinals are going to play him.

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
I don't care what anyone thinks...... I would have no problem with Burfict here in the 7th.

I think we have the leadership to keep him in line. And if nothing else..... it's the 7th round.

wilycoyote24

All Star
Reaction score
It's the 7th round. Who cares? Except in the case of Burfict, if for no other reason than out of principle, I would never draft him, even in the 100th round.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It's amazing how NFL teams seemingly throw darts in the 7th round but immediately when the round is over there are all these FA players they must have.

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
We are on the clock for the last time......

Probably

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05