49er fans already predicting a week 1 win

RedStorm

Next NY Gov
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Seeds Of Hate said:
I just looked at the schedule and it is very possible we start out 0-2. The first game against SF is a trap game because the Cards could possibly look ahead to the Division Champs the next week and SF could slip past us. I really wish we opened against SEA instead and then took on SF and STL. Seriously, we could see another 0-3 start as the first game is a trap, the 2nd game is against the DC and the 3rd game is an utter emotional letdown. I've seen it for too many years for this not to be a real possibility. Please prove me wrong, Cards....

SOH...

The doctor recommends two very large glasses of Koolaide and wants you to call him in the morning. :D

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
SOH, you're going off the deep end already, my friend. Don't give up hope so soon.

You say we've never gone 1-0? We've also NEVER OPENED AT HOME EVER IN THE DESERT!!! So, maybe actually having a home game will help, ya think?

Renz

An Army of One
Reaction score
Stout said:
SOH, you're going off the deep end already, my friend. Don't give up hope so soon.

You say we've never gone 1-0? We've also NEVER OPENED AT HOME EVER IN THE DESERT!!! So, maybe actually having a home game will help, ya think?
And we have gone 1-0 once and 2-0 twice since moving to AZ. Not great, but at least we've done it before.

MastersofCombat

Basketball Junkie
Reaction score
The Cards 1-0 lol...... we always start behind like 0-4 or 2-5
Im not jumping on any record bandwagon til the draft and the rest of the free agents are signed.

I do like what they have done but this team was just bad last year the 2nd string colts beat us ....nough said

earthsci

That Rapscallion!!
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
I don't know how many of you have read that thread but the Niners fans aren't being cocky at all. Their big joke is that they are predicting a win ................... .................. ................ .............. they just won't predict who will win.

Redrage

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Let's see, the give up possibly their best player in free agency and sign 1 second rate receiverand a pretty ood guard. They've got a lot to be happy about.

Redsz

We do this together
Reaction score
If you want to have a look at the 'mentality' Fitz was talking about recently - look no further than this thread.

SF needs a serious talent infusion. We should crush them at home.

CardShark

DEAL WITH IT!
Reaction score
Seeds Of Hate said:
Doesn't matter what they've done lately. They have fielded winning teams and they have started seasons 1-0. The Cards have not yet done either of these things. Until they do, we have to put up with it as Cards fans....

We may have gone 2-0 against them last year, but we went 0-2 against them the year before when they finished 2-14. So, they have history to prove that they can get wins at least against us when their team blows chunks....

AAHHH, but history shows the Cards beat them in the only opening day game that they faced off in. :p

Chris_Sanders

Not Always The Best Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Seeds Of Hate said:
I just looked at the schedule and it is very possible we start out 0-2. The first game against SF is a trap game because the Cards could possibly look ahead to the Division Champs the next week and SF could slip past us. I really wish we opened against SEA instead and then took on SF and STL. Seriously, we could see another 0-3 start as the first game is a trap, the 2nd game is against the DC and the 3rd game is an utter emotional letdown. I've seen it for too many years for this not to be a real possibility. Please prove me wrong, Cards....

Sorry but our first game in a new stadium, against a division foe, and it is the season opener and you call it a trap game???

duckfallas

All Star
Reaction score
What kind of a fan doesn't think this team, and town, will be jacked up and ready to kick some ass in the first real game in a sold out stadium? If fans can't get some hope up for this game, they need to find another team.

I guarantee a week 1 victory and I'll bet any fan on here beers if they think this team will lose the stadium opener to a sorry ass team like the Niners on September 10th. Bring on the bets. Beer is going to be expensive in the new digs. :beer:

Redrage

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Seeds Of Hate said:
Doesn't matter what they've done lately. They have fielded winning teams and they have started seasons 1-0. The Cards have not yet done either of these things. Until they do, we have to put up with it as Cards fans....

We may have gone 2-0 against them last year, but we went 0-2 against them the year before when they finished 2-14. So, they have history to prove that they can get wins at least against us when their team blows chunks....

All that matters is what they've done lately. Each year the move further away from the years of Walsh and down the path to absolute suckitude. Let's see, proactive owner? Gone. Elite coach? Gone. A bevey of elite players? Gone.

What teams do in the off season matters, and their awful team from last year has lost more than it has gained. Here's the 49er starting offensive skill players for this coming year:

QB: Alex Smith
RB: Frank Gore
WR: Brian Gilmore
WR: Antonio Bryant

The only fear you should have with this bunch is the fear of humiliation should you screw up and let them win. Lineup and execute and the Cardinals take the day.

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Redrage said:
All that matters is what they've done lately. Each year the move further QB: Alex Smith
RB: Frank Gore
WR: Brian Gilmore
WR: Antonio Bryant

The only fear you should have with this bunch is the fear of humiliation should you screw up and let them win. Lineup and execute and the Cardinals take the day.

Bravo. Post of the day!!

OP
OP
AzWins23

AzWins23

Reaction score
Its pretty sad that there best offensive player got traded for a 4th round pick...That tells you how much talent is really on this team

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sunchaser