6 BARGAIN FAs for Cards to check out

RugbyMuffin

ASFN IDOL
Reaction score
I'm not interested in "run stuffing" ILBs, as that is a nice way to say athletically limited. I want athletic ILBs who can cover, and if they are stout against the run, even better.

Agreed, but they are as about as hard to find as a tight end that can run, catch, and block. I have a feeling that ILB that can cover are going to start going sooner and sooner in drafts.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I still like Orakpo, because he is just the kind of gamble we can afford. He has the possibility to be a force while the other options gets us basically what we have now and that is nothing major :)

I think his blatantly offensive statements about cavemen are going to hurt him in FA talks.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I thought Forsett was the most dangerous RB on the Seahawks roster back when they traded for lynch, I remember he SHREDDED us in a game in 09 when he got a feature backs workload. Completely forgot about him until he got a chance to be the starter this year, cool to see a guy finally get a chance to breakout and take advantage of it. He should easily have a few more seasons left in him, has next to no mileage on his body for a 29yo RB.

and he was a platoon guy at Cal too so he has even less mileage.

Great kid, was behind some terrific RB's at Cal, always seemed too small to be an everydown RB but he's made himself into a nice NFL player.

OP
OP
Catfish

Catfish

Registered
Reaction score
and he was a platoon guy at Cal too so he has even less mileage.

Great kid, was behind some terrific RB's at Cal, always seemed too small to be an everydown RB but he's made himself into a nice NFL player.

So very true. Great success story. I like how he runs 'comfortably'. He never seems to be out of control or over the edge. He keeps his feet under him, gets what he can, and goes down without taking huge hits for the most part. I think John Harbaugh used him perfectly this year.