Absolute Low

boredstiff

Reaction score
Actually...
go ASU ( tough year, but there is hope)
Go D'backs and Red Sox (D'backs will get better-Colangelo has this thing with winning)
Go Suns (who knows-at least they are competitive)
Go Colts and Packers (Packers-aren't the Pack of old- and the Colts should make it out of the first round of the playoffs)

Don't be a jerk, just stating my opinion. Or are we not allowed to do that here.

boredstiff

Reaction score
Oh and by the way, it wasn't me that brought up the fighting with your wife thing, it was the first post. Bonehead!

earthsci

That Rapscallion!!
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Originally posted by boredstiff
Actually...
Go D'backs and Red Sox (D'backs will get better-Colangelo has this thing with winning)
Go Colts and Packers (Packers-aren't the Pack of old- and the Colts should make it out of the first round of the playoffs)

Don't be a jerk, just stating my opinion. Or are we not allowed to do that here.

You are a dirtbag.............but, that's just my opinion.

SECTION 11

vibraslap
Reaction score
Actually...

You should really find a new college football team. Heck, root for the Huskers.

Stating your opinion is fine.
It just so happens that my opinion is that your opinion sucks.

For example: What exactly sucks about the linebackers here? Or is that the extent of your analysis?

boredstiff

Reaction score
How about too small (Mckinnon) and allowing a third string RB rund for over a hundred and thirty yards? Just for starters. How many sacks does this linebacking core have for the year? Look how many Suggs has alone in Baltimore. Just a few thoughts.

SECTION 11

vibraslap
Reaction score
It is more of the same. Next year this and next year that! I hate to say it but if you think that it is going to be any different next year, I am afraid you are all in denial.

All Cincinnati did was hire a coach, no?

Fuggit. You're ********.

SweetD

Next Up
Supporting Member
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
How about too small (Mckinnon) and allowing a third string RB rund for over a hundred and thirty yards? Just for starters. How many sacks does this linebacking core have for the year? Look how many Suggs has alone in Baltimore. Just a few thoughts.

I guess your right man I realy wise the Cards would have put more than one person on D than McKinnon all game. :rolleyes: What type of D does Baltimore run vs the Cards wait nevermind your right. :stupid:

OP
OP
Jttsaz

Jttsaz

#40 Never Forget
Reaction score
Sorry guys...I had to vent! I had also just smashed my thumb whilst putting up the merry Christmas lights on the roof and had about had it. Anyways I can always fall back on "There's always hope for next year"! With a new staff and hopefully some new FA's comming in next year...maybe..just maybe we can get to .500 or better....but then again I say that every year! :mad:

I say bring in Fossil! Sorry Mac..but you've lost this team. No team that beats the Pack, 49ers, and Bengals..and plays the Rams close should get beat by the Browns and Bears by the combined score of 72-9....Time for an overhaul from top to bottom.

MaoTosiFanClub

The problem
Reaction score
Oh and by the way, it wasn't me that brought up the fighting with your wife thing, it was the first post. Bonehead!

Bonehead? Uh oh, I'm sure that one hurt S11's feelings. :roll:

You're suggesting that switching allegiances to a sports team is like turning a light off and on. Real fans don't do this. BTW you probably only have two more years of being a fan of the DBacks until they rebuild and slide back to mediocrity. We'll see you back on this site in 2007 when you're ripping Colonagelo on the DBacks forum while jocking your new favorite team.

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by Northern Card
Having read posts on this board for over a year... I have one rule of thumb: Ignore all posts that use the sophomoric term: SUCKS!!!:D

Got it. I'll start with yours.

JeffGollin

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Things I want to see:
Short Run -

- Gut check time among vets. Bench anyone who doesn't look as though he wants to play.

- Take a long look at our youngsters and backups - who are keepers, so-so's and potential cuttees?

- Bench Clement, move Leonard to RT and play Roundtree at RG. (Ulterior motive - rejuvinate Leonard's interest and enthusiasm for the game)

- Theme for Final 4 Games - "It's a great day to die." (i.e. What would you rather be doing this Sunday than play in a pro football game?)

Long Run -

- Total Overhaul of Corporate Culture

- New Program

- New Attitude

- New Management

- New Coaches

- New Faces on the Field

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

OK I wasn't going to post this because I'm tired of the whole Suggs thing but. Sunday because of weather I watched the 49er Raven game instead of ours and they talked a few times about Suggs including quoting the Raven coaches.

Suggs signed late and arrived in camp out of shape, they were quite disappointed. Then he took far longer than expected to pick up the system, they quickly decided he wasn't big enough to play DE so they came up with the hybrid LB/pass rushing DE position. But he's barely played at LB this year because he can't yet, he's so lost in coverage and overpowered on run downs that they are still only using him as a pass rusher. They toyed briefly with using more at LB but abandoned the idea because they said he was making too many mistakes in practice that would kill them in a game, losing contain, coverage mistakes etc.

The positive, he's a great pass rusher, they all said they can see the natural instincts to get to the QB, the burst, the close. Because they play a 3-4 and because of the way they line up and blitz, they are able to get Suggs in a lot of situations where he gets a complete mismatch and that's what they try to do. The first 2 times he came into the game against SF he was blocked first by a TE(slight pressure) and then Barlow(no pressure). This is what prompted the discussion about how they use him as the announcer pointed out the folly of having a RB not known for his pass blocking trying to block the leading sack man on the Ravens.

Later in the game Suggs got pressure 2-3 times, not a sack or a hit but he got close, by the end of the game they had a tackle on him on every play to keep him off the QB.

They said early on Ray Lewis was on Suggs almost mercilessly, thought he was out of shape, lazy, and really pushed him. Now of course they're apparently becoming a teacher/student type situation and it's clear that Ray was on him because he sensed talent that was being wasted.

I gotta wonder, if we draft Suggs, who on this coaching staff or roster is going to be the Ray Lewis influence that gets him to work hard?

Great pass rusher but again we would not be able to play him on running downs in our defense, not clear how many obvious passing downs we force a game, not nearly as many as the Ravens do.

Reaction score
Good post Russ,

I couldn't help but notice a couple of points:

1) The Ravens coaching staff recognize Suggs weaknesses and set him up in a situation where his strength (rushing the QB) is used to greatest advantage.

2) The 49er's coaching staff making in game adjustments to counter the Ravens defensive strategy (i.e. - Suggs rushing) by assigning a tackle to pass block him.

This is what good, even average coaching is about. Repeating the same plan over and over and then saying "we have just got to execute better" will not get it done in the NFL!