Adrian McPherson

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Solar7 said:
I'd like to see McPherson in here, I really think that he could eventually be the answer to our quarterback woes. He is a huge risk, but hopefully he has recovered from the gambling issues that affected his college career.

As far as Sproles goes, I have been impressed when watching him carry the ball, but his size would prevent me from taking him with any of our day 1 picks. I weigh near 180 myself, and I don't think I could take the rigors of an NFL season.

just b/c you're a wuss doesn't mean that sproles is.

OP
OP
G

Grand Canon

Rookie
Reaction score
NEZ read the article

He played at a major college was sucessful- he didnt go to SMU and then some bs div-3 school like McNown-

NEZCardsfan

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Grand Canon said:
He played at a major college was sucessful- he didnt go to SMU and then some bs div-3 school like McNown-

McCown went to Sam Houston St, not SMU. If I remember correctly, didn't McPherson have trouble beating out Chris Rix. If we get the guy fine. But wait until at least round 5 to do it. I'm not sold.

earthsci

That Rapscallion!!
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
NEZCardsfan said:
McCown went to Sam Houston St, not SMU.

Southern Methodist transfer who emerged from the shadows as a senior … Left the SMU program...Link

NEZCardsfan

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
earthsci said:
Southern Methodist transfer who emerged from the shadows as a senior … Left the SMU program...Link

Man, did that draft report ever hit McCown's weak points dead on.

Negatives: Needs to protect the ball better, as he tends to carry it near his chest and with one hand while trying to escape pressure … Sometimes will lower his elbow before unleashing the ball, taking some distance off his tosses … Has to refine his technique getting to his throwing point, as he throws off his back foot at times, losing zip on his tosses … While he has good foot speed, he lacks that second gear to consistently escape pressure … Holds the ball too long, waiting for the break upfield … Has a little bit of a high push in his delivery … Goes through progressions well, but will target his primary receivers and needs to do a better job of looking off … Hands are smaller than ideal

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
scot182 said:
the new espn mag with nash on the cover has a good article on him i wouldnt mind drafting this guy he is an exciting player to watch.

Just read the article while getting an oil change. Very insightful. He wants badly to play in the NFL. Has admitted to theft and forgery but has never admitted to gambling.......and there has not one bit evidence to prove otherwise. Plea bargained to lesser charges which included gambling.

The kid has fessed up and has shown remorse. Feels terrible about letting his parents and his school down. Bobby Bowden has forgiven him and is very impressed at the work AM has put in to get into the shape he is in.

This kid might be well worth taking a chance with a 4th pick. He was young and messed up but seems to have grown up quite a bit.