All I want is ONE long run!

Bert

Walkin' on Sunshine
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
I was just sitting here reflecting on our long legacy of not having a running game and I was thinking of something I haven't seen in a very, very long time. When was the last time a Cardinal broke off a LONG run? It would just be nice to see THT or Beanie do that this year.

Then I started thinking back and we've had SO FEW long runs in the last 13 years or so, lol, I think I can name them all off the top of my head (ok not all of them but most of them because there are so few. Let me know if I'm missing any.) I'm talking about runs over 50 yards.... Heck, ANY run over 40 yards we could even take it that far... Has it honestly, seriously, truly been 7 years since we've had one? The LAST one I can remember is TJ against the Seahawks in 2002.... It seems like Shipp broke a couple of long ones in 03 or 04 but I cant remember. Those years were so bad it's all a blur.

LeShon Johnson had a game against the Saints in 96 where he broke off 2 long runs.... ONLY game I can EVER remember where we broke off 2 long runs....

Adrian Murrell broke one off against the Cowboys in the 98 playoff game, he got run down, but it was still a nice run.

Michael Pittman had a long run in 99 I think it was against the Lions that was about 50 yards..

Thomas Jones had an awesome 60yd TD run against Seattle in 2002. I remember this one because it was the morning of my Wedding and I was the morning after my bachelor party and I was very hungover but still managed to get excited! (that game against the hawks ended better than the marriage but that's a WHOLE other thread, hehe)

Lol Honestly, I cant think of any others. That's amazing! I'm sure I missed a couple but you guys get the point.

It's absolutely sad how boring and flat out BAD our rushing game has been for the last Decade. Just once I want to see a RB dash down the field in the UoP that isn't Frank Gore...

Shane

Comin for you!
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Didnt Timmy have a 38 yarder for TD against Rams last year?

Thats close to 40 :)

Shane

Comin for you!
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
One long run. By Beanie. I started him over Timmy in both of my FF leagues this week. I need his help.

Dumb! Move! My! Firend! :D

I want Beanie to go off as well but the simple fact is that coach has shown he will give Timmy the rock at the goal line and rightfully so Plus with his pass catching ability he is the easy start IMO.

LVG

Supporting Member
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
Started them both this week.

Because I'm a Homer.

Duckjake

LEGACY MEMBER
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
I was just sitting here reflecting on our long legacy of not having a running game and I was thinking of something I haven't seen in a very, very long time. When was the last time a Cardinal broke off a LONG run? It would just be nice to see THT or Beanie do that this year.

Then I started thinking back and we've had SO FEW long runs in the last 13 years or so, lol, I think I can name them all off the top of my head (ok not all of them but most of them because there are so few. Let me know if I'm missing any.) I'm talking about runs over 50 yards.... Heck, ANY run over 40 yards we could even take it that far... Has it honestly, seriously, truly been 7 years since we've had one? The LAST one I can remember is TJ against the Seahawks in 2002.... It seems like Shipp broke a couple of long ones in 03 or 04 but I cant remember. Those years were so bad it's all a blur.

LeShon Johnson had a game against the Saints in 96 where he broke off 2 long runs.... ONLY game I can EVER remember where we broke off 2 long runs....

Adrian Murrell broke one off against the Cowboys in the 98 playoff game, he got run down, but it was still a nice run.

Michael Pittman had a long run in 99 I think it was against the Lions that was about 50 yards..

Thomas Jones had an awesome 60yd TD run against Seattle in 2002. I remember this one because it was the morning of my Wedding and I was the morning after my bachelor party and I was very hungover but still managed to get excited! (that game against the hawks ended better than the marriage but that's a WHOLE other thread, hehe)

Lol Honestly, I cant think of any others. That's amazing! I'm sure I missed a couple but you guys get the point.

LOL The Cards are so pass oriented that if they want a long run from scrimmage they give the ball to Boldin or Breaston.

Shipp had a 50+ run also in 2002. The last time the Cards averaged over 4 yards per carry rushing. Of course they had Plummer adding to the rushing stats as well.

MrYeahBut

4 Food groups: beans, chili, cheese, bacon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Didn't you forget Steve Bono...he had a nice run for the...errrr

:D

DS_Whit

Rookie
Reaction score
Wells is about to explode! His ability to slide off of the tackle keeps me on the edge of my seat each time Kurt hands him the ball!!! This could be the week that he gets his 100 yard game, and that includes the "big one".

DS_Whit

Rookie
Reaction score
Not only will Wells have a great game, but the next two weeks are prime times to have 2 100 yard rushers in a single game. Seattle and St. Louis are not ready for what is about to hit them.

az1965

Love Games!
Reaction score
Troy Hambrick (who?) had a 62 yarder in 2004.

Last edited:

Cardiac

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
This thread topic jumped out to me because I was reviewing team stats today and noticed that the Cards have the shortest Long run of any team this year (well at least bottom 3).

So I agree I want a LONG run.

jaguarpaw81

All Star
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
What are you talking about, Deangelo Williams had a 70+yd run in the cards game just a few weeks ago :).

FWIW, JJ had a 60+ yarder last year in the preseason vs the Raiders IIRC.

DS_Whit

Rookie
Reaction score
But as we all know, preseason does not count. We want one big run that will punch our opponent square in their jaw!

Crimson Warrior

Dangerous Murray Zealot
Reaction score
But as we all know, preseason does not count. We want one big run that will punch our opponent square in their jaw!

Agree that 50+ td runs seem to demoralize an opponent.

I think Beanie's getting close, and SEA's defense will probably lay down if we get up quick on them again.

FFootballers who started Wells could be pleased since he might dial up a couple TDs from long distance.

RugbyMuffin

ASFN IDOL
Reaction score
Troy Hambrick (who?) had a 62 yarder in 2004.

Yep, that is our last long run. Before that was "Broke my hand on the phone" Jones.

It is coming. Wells is ready to bust one for 40+, heck if he is given the oppourtunity I think he can take it to the house from anywhere.

It's coming, you can almost smell it.

red desert

ASFN Addict
Reaction score

I want Beanie to go off as well but the simple fact is that coach has shown he will give Timmy the rock at the goal line and rightfully so Plus with his pass catching ability he is the easy start IMO.

Sounds like a vbookie bet to me. Post it. I'll bet the house on that one.

Rats

Somanyfreaks,SofewCircus'
Reaction score
I want to see Beanie get enough carries to have an OJ Anderson like day from his rookie season against the Cowturds way back when. Beanie could be the best we have drafted since then if he gets the carries.

English on tour

Eng-gur-land Eng-gur-land
Reaction score
as sad as this is, the longest recent run i can recall was about 5/6 years ago by Troy Hambrick of about 60 yards :shock: !! could be my mind messing with me though,

red desert

ASFN Addict
Reaction score

Dumb maybe. Crazy even? Yeah.

Crazy like a fox!

I tease you shane, because i care. :D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05