Alright Cardinals fans...it's gameday and here's my prediction

hepcat

Reaction score
I think this is going to be a good game right up until the final whistle. No blowout here today, unless Kurt or Jake gets hurt early. I think the Panthers jump out to an early 7-0 lead in the first quarter with some big plays from Steve Smith and finally Jonathan Stewart punching it in on 3rd and Goal. The Cardinals struggle to get their offense going early, but by the second quarter the Cardinals tack on some field goals to scrape back into it going into halftime at 7-6. The third quarter opens up with a flurry of action with the Cardinals striking first with a long TD to Larry Fitzgerald taking the lead 13-7. On the next drive, the Panthers strike back behind a strong ground game powered by by a big run by Deangelo Williams to put the Panthers in the redzone. But as has been a problem this season, the Panthers can't punch it in and have to settle for a field goal making it 13-10. After a few exchanges of possession, the Panthers start off a drive at the start of the fourth quarter with a pitch to Johnathan Stewart that goes wrong and Stewart fumbles, and the Cardinals run it in for a TD, taking the lead 20-10. On the first play of the ensuing drive, Delhomme completes a pass to Steve Smith over the middle, he breaks a couple of tackles and manages to take it almost all the way. On the next play, Jonathan Stewart redeems himself and wills his way past an aggressive goal line defense to get the Panthers back in it, bringing the score to 20-17 with about 10 minutes to play. The Cardinals come back out on offense playing conservative and running the ball trying to run out the clock. After gaining a couple first downs and getting the ball past the 50, the play calling suprisingly changes. Warner overthrows Boldin downfield on a sure TD pass that would have likely put the game away for the Cardinals. On the next play, getting a little greedy now, Warner is flushed from the pocket and makes a terrible throw on a hook route to Breaston that is jumped all over by Chris Gamble, who picks it off and runs it back for a TD. After that, the Cardinals try to get fired up to make one last effort to win it, that is stopped with on a fourth and long pass knocked down by Chris Harris. The Panthers get the ball back and run out the clock.

Final score:
Panthers 24
Cardinals 20

I'll consider this a victory even if the Panthers manage to lose if no one is injured. I can't tell you how many seasons the Panthers have lost in their history because of an injury, even this late in the season. Here's hoping for a good and injury free game for both teams!!

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I think this is going to be a good game right up until the final whistle. No blowout here today, unless Kurt or Jake gets hurt early. I think the Panthers jump out to an early 7-0 lead in the first quarter with some big plays from Steve Smith and finally Jonathan Stewart punching it in on 3rd and Goal. The Cardinals struggle to get their offense going early, but by the second quarter the Cardinals tack on some field goals to scrape back into it going into halftime at 7-6. The third quarter opens up with a flurry of action with the Cardinals striking first with a long TD to Larry Fitzgerald taking the lead 13-7. On the next drive, the Panthers strike back behind a strong ground game powered by by a big run by Deangelo Williams to put the Panthers in the redzone. But as has been a problem this season, the Panthers can't punch it in and have to settle for a field goal making it 13-10. After a few exchanges of possession, the Panthers start off a drive at the start of the fourth quarter with a pitch to Johnathan Stewart that goes wrong and Stewart fumbles, and the Cardinals run it in for a TD, taking the lead 20-10. On the first play of the ensuing drive, Delhomme completes a pass to Steve Smith over the middle, he breaks a couple of tackles and manages to take it almost all the way. On the next play, Jonathan Stewart redeems himself and wills his way past an aggressive goal line defense to get the Panthers back in it, bringing the score to 20-17 with about 10 minutes to play. The Cardinals come back out on offense playing conservative and running the ball trying to run out the clock. After gaining a couple first downs and getting the ball past the 50, the play calling suprisingly changes. Warner overthrows Boldin downfield on a sure TD pass that would have likely put the game away for the Cardinals. On the next play, getting a little greedy now, Warner is flushed from the pocket and makes a terrible throw on a hook route to Breaston that is jumped all over by Chris Gamble, who picks it off and runs it back for a TD. After that, the Cardinals try to get fired up to make one last effort to win it, that is stopped with on a fourth and long pass knocked down by Chris Harris. The Panthers get the ball back and run out the clock.

Final score:
Panthers 24
Cardinals 20

I'll consider this a victory even if the Panthers manage to lose if no one is injured. I can't tell you how many seasons the Panthers have lost in their history because of an injury, even this late in the season. Here's hoping for a good and injury free game for both teams!!

I agree with you in that this will be a close game. I also agree that the teams will probably total 45 pts. But I think you will be surprised in that the Panthers will not run well against the Cardinals. The Cardinals will force Delhomme to beat them with his arm - & he may. The Cardinals have been susceptible to big passing plays, so I expect the Panthers to get a long one again today. I also expect the Cardinals to have success on the ground as opposed to trying to beat the Panthers through the air. It's never easy to win on the road against a quality opponent, so the Cardinals will have to clearly outplay the Panthers to win. This game could go either way. so I won't even make a prediction. This will be the best game of the day.

Carddan

Average Fan
Reaction score
Most people can't write up a game that well AFTER it's been played.

Seriously, I hope for a well played game between two teams that should wind up in post season. No injuries? Of course. The outcome and how it arrives is completely unpredictable. So many things will happen in the course of a game to change the momentum and strategy. That's what makes it fun to watch. Good luck Cat, do not underestimate this year's Cardinals. Something is happening in the desert...

Pariah

H.S.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Jeeze, I haven't seen the game yet. Please use spoiler tags next time.

;)

SoCal Cardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I think this is going to be a good game right up until the final whistle.

No blowout here today, unless Kurt or Jake gets hurt early. I think the Panthers jump out to an early 7-0 lead in the first quarter with some big plays from Steve Smith and finally Jonathan Stewart punching it in on 3rd and Goal.

The Cardinals struggle to get their offense going early, but by the second quarter the Cardinals tack on some field goals to scrape back into it going into halftime at 7-6.

The third quarter opens up with a flurry of action with the Cardinals striking first with a long TD to Larry Fitzgerald taking the lead 13-7.

On the next drive, the Panthers strike back behind a strong ground game powered by by a big run by Deangelo Williams to put the Panthers in the redzone. But as has been a problem this season, the Panthers can't punch it in and have to settle for a field goal making it 13-10.

After a few exchanges of possession, the Panthers start off a drive at the start of the fourth quarter with a pitch to Johnathan Stewart that goes wrong and Stewart fumbles, and the Cardinals run it in for a TD, taking the lead 20-10.

On the first play of the ensuing drive, Delhomme completes a pass to Steve Smith over the middle, he breaks a couple of tackles and manages to take it almost all the way. On the next play, Jonathan Stewart redeems himself and wills his way past an aggressive goal line defense to get the Panthers back in it, bringing the score to 20-17 with about 10 minutes to play.

The Cardinals come back out on offense playing conservative and running the ball trying to run out the clock. After gaining a couple first downs and getting the ball past the 50, the play calling suprisingly changes. Warner overthrows Boldin downfield on a sure TD pass that would have likely put the game away for the Cardinals.

On the next play, getting a little greedy now, Warner is flushed from the pocket and makes a terrible throw on a hook route to Breaston that is jumped all over by Chris Gamble, who picks it off and runs it back for a TD.

After that, the Cardinals try to get fired up to make one last effort to win it, that is stopped with on a fourth and long pass knocked down by Chris Harris. The Panthers get the ball back and run out the clock.

Final score:
Panthers 24
Cardinals 20

Wall of text crits you for 1200 dmg!
You have slain wall of text!

Shogun

Never doubt Mitch. EVER.
Reaction score
Somebody just played Madden. :)