Amare on the block.

YouJustGotSUNSD

Custom User Title!
Reaction score
No he's not right. He is on a team. When the team plays bad, it's the team's fault. Amare is being a selfish ass. You never say that publicly unless you want to lower your trade value.

Reaction score
Just heard a clip of Amare saying "it's not his fault the team is not playing well. He's not a captain and it's not his job to rally the troops ... that's the captain's job."

Yowza ... why say something like that publicly?? Does he now have an issue with Shaq or Nash?
Link? I believe you but would like to hear it.

Glad he said it.

Divide Et Impera

Reaction score
Amare is absolutely right. He is not a leader. He feels no responsibility nor any obligation to "rally the troops" because those are not things he cares about. He is selfish, gutless and effortless. Any true top-tier player ASSERTS leadership and takes responsibility for his team's performance. Amare? It ain't his job. Thank God that it isn't, too....

Blackification

Registered
Reaction score
Well he is kind of right. Porter is the captain and Amar'e is getting all the blame while Porter and Nash just slide by with barely any mention. He is a ******* for going out in public but he already knows he is getting traded so why should he care at this point.

YouJustGotSUNSD

Custom User Title!
Reaction score
Amare

for Diaw, Felton, 2009 1st

:p

Would we have been on the right track now if we had traded Amare/Bell/Singletary for JRich, Felton, Dudley, 2009 1st and 2010 2nd?
I hate Diaw so my immediate answer is no. But he would have thrived as a role playing PF in the starter spot.

Nash/Felton
JRich/Barbs
Hill/Barnes
Diaw/Amudson
Shaq/Lopez

Last edited:

Divide Et Impera

Reaction score
I wonder if this is the first step in proving what Gambo and Ash are always saying about how 11-12 guys on this roster will clap and cheer the minute Amare is traded. This probably does lend some validity to that....

Amare is a straight punk....

Blackification

Registered
Reaction score
Also I love how when we lose amare and barbosa get blamed but when we win Shaq and Nash get all the credit. Reminds me of Marion when stat and nash got all the credit when they won and he was left out thats what's happening to Amar'e. I bet all you fans will want him back after this just like Marion.

Divide Et Impera

Reaction score
Not me. I don't want an effortless punk on this team. I'm also sick of the annual verbal masturbation Amare engages in every offseason talking about how he has improved this or that only to see the same, listless b*tch come out of the tunnel in the regular season.

Amare is a flat out bum....

FArting

Lopes Up!
Reaction score
Reaction score
Just heard a clip of Amare saying "it's not his fault the team is not playing well. He's not a captain and it's not his job to rally the troops ... that's the captain's job."

Yowza ... why say something like that publicly?? Does he now have an issue with Shaq or Nash?
Way to take things out of context. He said "I'm a all-star, I'm one of the leaders so I take blame (or responbility, I cant remember now) but I dont think I should take all the blame. I'm not a captain and its not my job to rally the troops..thats the captains job".

YouJustGotSUNSD

Custom User Title!
Reaction score
Also I love how when we lose amare and barbosa get blamed but when we win Shaq and Nash get all the credit. Reminds me of Marion when stat and nash got all the credit when they won and he was left out thats what's happening to Amar'e. I bet all you fans will want him back after this just like Marion.

You make it sound like we're happy he has become an immature underperforming mental midget.

Get off your high horse and take a look at the situation...

Blackification

Registered
Reaction score
He isn't wrong he does get blamed all the time.

You make it sound like we're happy he has become an immature underperforming mental midget.

Get off your high horse and take a look at the situation...
Actually some people on here are happy. The situation is you want everyone to play as a team but you don't want to blame the team evenly for their problems. Blame one person ignore the other. People said the same thing about raja and boris and now they are in Charlotte playing well and J-rich comes in and isn't doing so hot. Yet still no one blames the captains they continue to blame Amar'e like he somehow took away J-rich's game and made Nash worse even though he was doing great with those guys last year with a different coach.

Last edited:

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Why would you get your hands on average role players who will never amount into anything.

This would be the worst trade in the history of the NBA, twice as bad as the Gasol trade at least.

I believe there was more to the trade. Point being that if this team is going to blow things up, they need to get deeper and get some picks out of some of these deals to start building a foundation. This team will not be able to land any tier 1 free agents IMO. So, you use what value you have to stock up on talent and picks.

Besides something tells me the Suns are not going to get equal value for him in return anyway. No factor in that Suns fans over value the talent here and always have. I won't be surprised by what we get. I might be PO but I probably won't be surprised.

Last edited:

Blackification

Registered
Reaction score
If I was Amar'e I would be happy to get out of Phoenix too, the management is horrible and the media throws a player under the bus so fast the next thing you know they are tearing it up for a different team.

Blackification

Registered
Reaction score
The thing is...

Shouldn't he WANT to get the troops going?

All winners do.
He never said he doesn't want the troops to get going he said that the captains don't get them going so why should he. Its a stupid thing to say as a team player but if you are already getting traded and the media threw you under the bus and your fans have given up why would you even care anymore?

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
He never said he doesn't want the troops to get going he said that the captains don't get them going so why should he. Its a stupid thing to say as a team player but if you are already getting traded and the media threw you under the bus and your fans have given up why would you even care anymore?

Man this bothers me.

He said "I’m not a captain so you can’t place too much of the blame on me”.

Stoudemire said. “It’s not my job to rally the troops and get everybody on board. It’s the captain’s job to do that.”

That's a cop out. Amare said he wants to be the leader of this team and the go to guy. Now that the team is losing he is not a "captain". Technically he might not be a designated "Captain" but he is still suppose to be leader (at least in his own eyes).

Please....at the very least Amare should lead by example. He has been terrible on the boards and terrible defensively. At the very least he should do that. I am not on the this is all Amare's fault bandwagon. I think it's Porter, Amare then Nash that needs to go but what Amare said above is a cop out.

Blackification

Registered
Reaction score
So lets talk about this. You trade Amar'e and then what? How do you fix the turnovers? How do you fix the horrible PER defense? How do you fix the lack of a back up for Nash, if you are going for a PF then how do you get that backup for Shaq if you are replacing Amar'e who plays center when he is out how many PF's in this league can play PF and C and know what they are doing?

Reaction score
People are really taking too much out of that quote. The 1st part of the quote is misquoted and he does says he should take some of the blame.

He also talked about his time here and how he would love to stay.

He could have said ALOT worse.

Blackification

Registered
Reaction score
He said "I’m not a captain so you can’t place too much of the blame on me”.

Stoudemire said. “It’s not my job to rally the troops and get everybody on board. It’s the captain’s job to do that.”

That's a cop out. Amare said he wants to be the leader of this team and the go to guy. Now that the team is losing he is not a "captain".

Please....at the very least Amare should lead by example. He has been terrible on the boards and terrible defensively. At the very least he should do that.

I am not on the this is all Amare's fault bandwagon. I think it's Porter, Amare then Nash that needs to go but what Amare said above is a cop out.
It is no doubt a cop out but he is already being traded out. What he said is true even if it isn't what we want to hear from someone who knows he is leaving. Amar'e is going and now the Cardinals aren't distracting the valley. The scapegoat and the distractions are almost gone and there is little left to hide Porters horrible coaching and the teams mistakes. A lot of people here think that by highlighting Amar'e's mistakes and trading him will fix the team but as long as this team has Porter and kerr running it this team is not going anywhere.

Oh and by the way here is what Amar'e said...

Me being one of the leaders and an all star you can put it on me but I am not one of the Captains. You can't put too much blame on me. It's not my job to rally the troops
Kerr said anyone can be traded: me, Steve or Shaq
Right now I feel it's more me
I have cherished the moments here (in Phoenix), I would love to stay here but you never know what happens
It's more of a business move then anything else
I know where ever I go we are going to be playoff contenders

http://www.brightsideofthesun.com/2009/2/6/751532/amare-trade-open-thread

Last edited:

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05