Analysis of What's Wrong with the Cards

Mitch

Crawled Through 5 FB Fields
Reaction score
One simple way of defining yesterday's loss: The Rams got better play on the interior of both lines. The Rams' guards opened holes on a consistent basis...which really wasn't that hard to do considering all one of them had to do was downblock on Russell "Sitting Duck" Davis and root him out five yards laterally. And Darnell Dockett fires a gap and get can get moved out of the hole he jumps into. Dockett is a relentless pass rusher...but he's not a run stuffer.

On the other side of the ball, the Cardinal guards are getting little to no movement on the opposing DTs. DT Jimmy Kennedy dominated at his position at the point of attack...and having to worry about Kennedy, the offensive line forgot a basic blocking rule, particularly on a short drop: protect the inside gap. This is why Adam Archuletta had a clear shot at Warner in a one step drop with the game on the line.

Why are the Packers 0-2? The lost both guards ro free agency, and now they can't run the ball like they used to and all the pressure is falling on Bret Favre's shoulders.

Guard play is the most under-rated aspect of pro football. If a team's guards can get a push on today's beefed up DTs, chances are the team will be able to run the ball. Conversely, if they can't...the team becomes more and more one-dimensional.

The Patriots lost yesterday largely because their running game is not working. Even Tom Brady couldn't save the day all by himself. The Patriots lost a key player when starting guard Joe Andruzzi defected to Cleveland (who beat the Packers yesterday). In Andruzzi's place is a rookie....Logan Mankins...and he's good...but rookie starters in the offensive line are generally too raw to generate consistent play.

The frustrating thing about the Cardinals is that they have potentially the best mauler at guard in the league in Leonard Davis. He has the girth and the strength to move any DT in the league. Instead, he's on the perimter blocking svelte DEs...all to little avail, when the players on the interior are getting outmuscled at the point of attack.

If there's one place to compromise in a running attack it's at offensive tackle...because the offensive tackles have easier run responsibilities having to block a DE that's 25-35 pounds lighter than a DT.

As for the Cardinals' NT philosophy...it doesn't work and won't work if the NT can't command and hold up the double team. Russell Davis does neither...and once he's tied up, he almost never sheds quick enough to get to the ball carrier and make a tackle.

All this past off-season many of the fans here at ASFN were agog in anticipation of the Cardinals acquiring two offensive guards and a run stuffing NT. Adding a good rookie prospect at RG in Elton Brown was nice...but it's not smart thinking to anticipate that he would be ready to solve the Cardinals' woes at the position. Meanwhile, other teams were signing young, talented, already proven guards like Pittsburgh's Keydrick Vincent and New England's Joe Andruzzi to reasonably modest deals. Back at the ranch, Dennis Green was saying, "We like what we have in Wells and Bridges." Who is kidding whom?

What so perplexing about Green is that one minute he's a master talent evaluator (recent drafts would corroborate this notion), the next minute he can't seem to understand that Wells and Bridges simply don't have the talent to get the job done...not even close. Then, he goes and signs perhaps the most immobile QB in the league, setting up a recipe for disaster.

Kurt Warner still has some gas left in his tank...but it looks like the tank is getting shallow. While Warner has been reasonably accurate with his passes, many of his passes come out of his hand now nose-up and fluttering. Warner still appears to have good vision, but his time is particularly limited by the poor guard play up front...and the only hope really is to line him up in the shotgun and have him take a three step drop from there so he can buy time to survey the field.

Warner held his composure yesterday...but lost his focus in key situations. His numbers were impressive despite all the pressure and penalties. Yet, we all know that numbers are frequently misleading.

What compounds the Warner situation is his one-year contract. It's possible that the Cardinals could spend this whole season or much of it having Warner run the offesne and then part ways with him after the season...leaving once again, no continuity at the most important position in football.

A new starter would have to assimilate into the system and the timing aspects of the passing game...and even for a veteran like Warner, as we have been seeing, that's not easy.

Poor clock management was a huge issue with last year's team...and continues to be this year. This is a reflection of coaching...although a veteran like Warner should know that spiking the ball to stop the clock is imperative in yesterday's situation.

At this point...Dennis Green does not appear to be a sound decision maker on the sidelines. And yesterday, he looked like he was crawling back into the shell on the sidelines that he fell into repeatedly last year...a stirring contrast to the how much of the middle of the players and emotions he was in the first pre-season game against Dallas.

That Dallas pre-season game was a ruse and a real teaser...the players were flying around with tremendous passion, urgency and tempo. Each week since then the tempo and been slowly diminshing...as has the tackling...as has the blocking...as has the mental toughness that wins football games.

The reports (from the Republic this past week) that Green usually stands in the middle of practice and simply observes and involves himself very little are disturbing. The fact that he's not over trying to assist his rookie and underqualified o-line coach in Everett Lindsay, is all the more disturbing. One has to wonder just how badly Green wants to win...and whether he's willing to get his elbows dirty to get this thing going. His arrogant and rather matter-of-fact demeanor in the post game press conferences doesn't give the impression that he's all that affected by losing...it looks as if he throws everything back in the players' faces and makes them deal with it.

This is the same guy who at his press conference the day he was hired posted his won-loss records for all to see...guess we can get it straight...Denny wins...the players lose.

abomb

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Solid as always.

A-Bomb

conraddobler

I want my 2$
Reaction score
Mitch said:
One simple way of defining yesterday's loss: The Rams got better play on the interior of both lines. The Rams' guards opened holes on a consistent basis...which really wasn't that hard to do considering all one of them had to do was downblock on Russell "Sitting Duck" Davis and root him out five yards laterally. And Darnell Dockett fires a gap and get can get moved out of the hole he jumps into. Dockett is a relentless pass rusher...but he's not a run stuffer.

On the other side of the ball, the Cardinal guards are getting little to no movement on the opposing DTs. DT Jimmy Kennedy dominated at his position at the point of attack...and having to worry about Kennedy, the offensive line forgot a basic blocking rule, particularly on a short drop: protect the inside gap. This is why Adam Archuletta had a clear shot at Warner in a one step drop with the game on the line.

Why are the Packers 0-2? The lost both guards ro free agency, and now they can't run the ball like they used to and all the pressure is falling on Bret Favre's shoulders.

Guard play is the most under-rated aspect of pro football. If a team's guards can get a push on today's beefed up DTs, chances are the team will be able to run the ball. Conversely, if they can't...the team becomes more and more one-dimensional.

The Patriots lost yesterday largely because their running game is not working. Even Tom Brady couldn't save the day all by himself. The Patriots lost a key player when starting guard Joe Andruzzi defected to Cleveland (who beat the Packers yesterday). In Andruzzi's place is a rookie....Logan Mankins...and he's good...but rookie starters in the offensive line are generally too raw to generate consistent play.

The frustrating thing about the Cardinals is that they have potentially the best mauler at guard in the league in Leonard Davis. He has the girth and the strength to move any DT in the league. Instead, he's on the perimter blocking svelte DEs...all to little avail, when the players on the interior are getting outmuscled at the point of attack.

If there's one place to compromise in a running attack it's at offensive tackle...because the offensive tackles have easier run responsibilities having to block a DE that's 25-35 pounds lighter than a DT.

As for the Cardinals' NT philosophy...it doesn't work and won't work if the NT can't command and hold up the double team. Russell Davis does neither...and once he's tied up, he almost never sheds quick enough to get to the ball carrier and make a tackle.

All this past off-season many of the fans here at ASFN were agog in anticipation of the Cardinals acquiring two offensive guards and a run stuffing NT. Adding a good rookie prospect at RG in Elton Brown was nice...but it's not smart thinking to anticipate that he would be ready to solve the Cardinals' woes at the position. Meanwhile, other teams were signing young, talented, already proven guards like Pittsburgh's Keydrick Vincent and New England's Joe Andruzzi to reasonably modest deals. Back at the ranch, Dennis Green was saying, "We like what we have in Wells and Bridges." Who is kidding whom?

What so perplexing about Green is that one minute he's a master talent evaluator (recent drafts would corroborate this notion), the next minute he can't seem to understand that Wells and Bridges simply don't have the talent to get the job done...not even close. Then, he goes and signs perhaps the most immobile QB in the league, setting up a recipe for disaster.

Kurt Warner still has some gas left in his tank...but it looks like the tank is getting shallow. While Warner has been reasonably accurate with his passes, many of his passes come out of his hand now nose-up and fluttering. Warner still appears to have good vision, but his time is particularly limited by the poor guard play up front...and the only hope really is to line him up in the shotgun and have him take a three step drop from there so he can buy time to survey the field.

Warner held his composure yesterday...but lost his focus in key situations. His numbers were impressive despite all the pressure and penalties. Yet, we all know that numbers are frequently misleading.

What compounds the Warner situation is his one-year contract. It's possible that the Cardinals could spend this whole season or much of it having Warner run the offesne and then part ways with him after the season...leaving once again, no continuity at the most important position in football.

A new starter would have to assimilate into the system and the timing aspects of the passing game...and even for a veteran like Warner, as we have been seeing, that's not easy.

Poor clock management was a huge issue with last year's team...and continues to be this year. This is a reflection of coaching...although a veteran like Warner should know that spiking the ball to stop the clock is imperative in yesterday's situation.

At this point...Dennis Green does not appear to be a sound decision maker on the sidelines. And yesterday, he looked like he was crawling back into the shell on the sidelines that he fell into repeatedly last year...a stirring contrast to the how much of the middle of the players and emotions he was in the first pre-season game against Dallas.

That Dallas pre-season game was a ruse and a real teaser...the players were flying around with tremendous passion, urgency and tempo. Each week since then the tempo and been slowly diminshing...as has the tackling...as has the blocking...as has the mental toughness that wins football games.

The reports (from the Republic this past week) that Green usually stands in the middle of practice and simply observes and involves himself very little are disturbing. The fact that he's not over trying to assist his rookie and underqualified o-line coach in Everett Lindsay, is all the more disturbing. One has to wonder just how badly Green wants to win...and whether he's willing to get his elbows dirty to get this thing going. His arrogant and rather matter-of-fact demeanor in the post game press conferences doesn't give the impression that he's all that affected by losing...it looks as if he throws everything back in the players' faces and makes them deal with it.

This is the same guy who at his press conference the day he was hired posted his won-loss records for all to see...guess we can get it straight...Denny wins...the players lose.

I cannot argue with most of what you say.

Big seems fine to me at LT, I can tell you though sometimes the best value you will ever get in FA is a good guard.

The Chiefs have a great one and he just plows holes all day long and it's why they can run the ball.

You also laid out all the reasons I don't like Green for the way he does things and a lot of what is going on now is a reflection of that.

Still, I have a feeling they will get better soon.

Crazy Canuck

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
So many well crafted words in support of a single tiresome thought:

Dennis Green is the problem!!!

(We know you feel this deeply, and all remember that empty threat to never post here until he was driven out of town... So, tell me: Why did you come back?)

TheCardFan

Things have changed.
Reaction score
Crazy Canuck said:

I agree...this is a still a ridiculous belief...we are very lucky to have a Coach like Green come to AZ. Look at the draft, look at the attitudes, etc...are we winning? No, but we are very young and I have not seen this kind of talent and potential since they moved to AZ. It will eventually pay off...

Secondly...I have also thought of the Warner issue lately. I like him and think he is the best QB we have had since Lomax. If he can make it through the year and post a QB rating of 85+, 3000+yds, and a TD/INT ratio that is respectable...25-12, 30-15, (hell at this point, any QB that can throw more TD's than INT's would be an improvement!), then we shouldn't have to address the QB position this offseason. Kurt said he woud come back to Arizona if the Cardinals wanted him (because we gave him the only chance to start this year). I believe him and believe if the Cards want him, he will stay. If not, we always have the transition tag...and the right to match any other offer.

I certainly hope we are not in a draft pick derby this year for the #1 pick but if we were in line for Leinert...that would be another story.

OP
OP
Mitch

Mitch

Reaction score
Canuck: My frustration and temper got the better of me when I signed off last year. When I came back I apologized for my rash decision and most of my fellow posters have been kind enough to accept my apology.

I HAVE to write my feelings or I will explode.

Like many of us...I am sick and tired of watching bad football from my favorite team of 43 years...yeah, yeah, yeah...I can quit being fan...but there's no quit in me there. I will be a Cardinal fan for the rest of my life.

I came back also because I realized that I was here rooting for the Cardinals long before Dennis Green arrived...and I will be here long after he's gone.

I do NOT have a personal vendetta against Dennis Green. I, like everyone else, want to see the Cardinals win...and if Green is the answer, I am all for it.

I made it public from the minute Dave McGinnis was let go that I wanted Charlie Weis as the Head Coach. I wanted Weis because I believe he brings a special talent as a play caller with him to the position...and in this day and age, with the parity of talent in the NFL, the teams that get their edge from creative coaches such as Weis are the teams that generally win.

With Dennis Green his special talent is working the NFL Draft. I would hire him as the GM in a blink of an eye.

As a Head Coach, he has not brought any special talent that has been readily discernable to this point. In fact, he's a lousy manager of the clock...he stands there stoically on the sideline...and never seems to do anything to motivate the players, except threaten them with their jobs.

If it hadn't been for Green's hiring of Clancy Pendergast, there's no telling how pitiful the Cardinals would still be. Pendergast has a good mind for the game...he's a little too zone happy for my tastes, but at least, he sprinkles in some aggressive stunts and blitz packages.

Last year Green did not get lucky with the hiring of Alex Wood. Game after game the play calling was atrocious...yet Green did NOTHING. Green kept talking about his TOP 5 Offesnsive System...but when Wood was clearly overwhelmed by the play calling responsibilities and the team was losing games because of it, Green never stepped in.

All Green did was fire the offensive line coach in order to appoint an old Viking player fresh off the waiver wire to be the new o-line coach. Even though the o-line was horrible last year...Green has stuck with the unqualified Lindsay.

Green went out and hired another offensive coordinator (Rowen) who has never called a play in the NFL...so...we have a super green OC and a super, super green OLC. It would be one thing if Green was there to call plays and orchestrate his so-called vaunted offense...but Green is so uninvolved that typically he either stands on the perimeter of the practice area simply observing...or he runs the scout team.

I am honestly not sure whether Dennis Green really remembers how to take over an offense and call the plays...because this team has desperately needed his direction...and he has put the fate of the team squarely in his assistants' hands, instead.

Green seems to fashion himself as a Bear Bryant type...oversee the operation from a distance...decide who plays and who goes...and let the assistants do all the work in the trenches.

If Green could make smarter decisions across the board...hiring an OC and OLC with direct NFL experience, for example...and if Green had a clue as to what kind of interior linemen he needs to win football games...Green could just as well operate from a distance.

The problem is...he has handicapped this team with rookie assistants and poor linemen...when the decisions could have been otherwise.

We are now staring an 3 or 4 win season in the face.

For the Cardinal fans who have been suffering for many years now...this is more agonizing than ever.

Green has talked playoffs since he arrived here...and he's brought some major league talent to the roster...but without providing key components at guard and nose tackle, and without making sure that the offense is in the hands of an experienced OC, he has essentially rendered this team too vulnerable to win...let alone get even a whiff of the playoffs.

We, as fans haven't been brain fu%^ed like this since Buddy trotted off into the sunset.

Once again...just two games into the season, the Cardinals are at rock bottom and bracing to try to climb their way out...which, year after year, gets more and more difficult to cope with.

Crimson Warrior

Dangerous Murray Zealot
Reaction score
Walter, we've had some tough luck this year to. Lets not forget that.

Hayes and Darling going down? Step and Lecky and King and JJ...

We're banged up pretty good.

Davis was sick yesterday, yet still didn't give up sack.

We're playing hard. We're fighting. The defense didn't lay down in the 4th against STL when it would have been easy to just look for a soft spot to land. I know you don't want to hear that right now.

But you saw the way we were popping the rams receivers as they tried to catch balls over the middle. This team still has an attitude that has been lacking here for several years.

we've still got a chance in 05'.

red desert

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Crazy Canuck said:

(We know you feel this deeply, and all remember that empty threat to never post here until he was driven out of town... So, tell me: Why did you come back?)

Dennis Green has been the problem up until know. His game management and play calling have been atrocious. Let me repeat, GREEN is the problem up until now.

red desert

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Crimson Warrior said:
Walter, we've had some tough luck this year to. Lets not forget that.

Hayes and Darling going down? Step and Lecky and King and JJ...

We're banged up pretty good.

Davis was sick yesterday, yet still didn't give up sack.

We're playing hard. We're fighting. The defense didn't lay down in the 4th against STL when it would have been easy to just look for a soft spot to land. I know you don't want to hear that right now.

But you saw the way we were popping the rams receivers as they tried to catch balls over the middle. This team still has an attitude that has been lacking here for several years.

we've still got a chance in 05'.

Are you kidding me? Talk about settling.

To echo Mitch, as I posted after last week's loss...

Green is marvelous evaluator of talent... to "sometimes" include his selection of assistant coaches. And this fact has helped disguise his utter lack of game management and play calling skills. He just stands there looking lost. I honestly think he is at times. How can anyone defend his asisnine play calling? Baffles me. Whoever is making the calls, it ultimately falls on the great Dennis Green.

Did you folks catch Q's comment after this week's loss? Something to the affect that I would speak my mind but I want to collect a paycheck this week. Q tells it like it is. And what about Kendall? He got screwed. And no I won't let it go until we get someone to play half as good as he did for us (okay, when he did actually play). Green's ego... sheesh.

OP
OP
Mitch

Mitch

Reaction score
Crimson: yeah, the Cards have been banged up some...but so has just about every other team. The Rams secondary is currently a MASH unit...and they were giving the Cardinals the win yesterday...but a bonehead decision to take the snap from center...to badly blow a fundamental blocking assignment in allowing Archuletta an inexcusable straight line up the A gap to the QB...an even more bonehead decision to allow precious seconds to tick off the board while trying to call a play...and then to not have the discipline to stay on-sides...that's not bad luck...that's bad coaching, bad playing, bad preparation...and ZERO mental toughness.

As a coach we used to end every practice with late game situations...with the clock set at 1:00 and no time outs. Every day, man. High school kids can be taught that the clock is the enemy...and they don't practice virtually seven months of the year.

Yesterday was an embarrassing display of a lack of discipline...and an unpreparedness to win.

Yes, props go to players like Shipp and Q who played their tails off and did everything they could to win the game. You're right Crimson...some players are playing hard and well. But, football is a team effort...and the team effort yesterday was not nearly what it should have been, especially playing at home at a clear advantage in the heat.

LVCARDFREAK

In the league 20 years!
Reaction score
red desert said:
Did you folks catch Q's comment after this week's loss? Something to the affect that I would speak my mind but I want to collect a paycheck this week. Q tells it like it is. And what about Kendall? He got screwed. And no I won't let it go until we get someone to play half as good as he did for us (okay, when he did actually play). Green's ego... sheesh.

That was towards the officiating not DG, but twist it any how you see fit :rolleyes:

OP
OP
Mitch

Mitch

Reaction score
As for Kendall...how many of you have actually considered what the players feel about Kendall???...after all, he was protecting their rights...which as union representative was his job.

Dennis Green broke the off-season NFL rules...not by just a little...players were hitting each other unprotected and were getting hurt...

For those of you who think "Oh, come on, what a bunch of whimp losers"... Playing football is these players' livelihood...all of them are one bad injury from having to give the game up and possibly forfeit financial security for their families in the process....not to mention having to give up playing the game they love.

Pete Kendall is a tough hard-nosed football player who played hard and hurt for the Cardinals when the chips were down.

Some of you got sucked into the DG mystique all too easily.

Pete Kendall was not the problem...he would have been the Cardinals' best interior lineman last year...and quite frankly, with him in the lineup, the running game would have been much stronger...and in all likelihood the Cardinals would have won both the SF games and, in doing so, would have made the playoffs.

Green hung Kendall out to dry and allowed everyone to consider him a cancer and a pariah. It was unconscionable.

It was also a very poor football decision to get nothing in return for him...especially in light of the immediate interest Kendall garnered in the open market, and the subsequent $3M+/yr. contract he inked.

Shame on the Bidwills and Rod Graves too for allowing this to happen.

Meanwhile, Kendall has been embraced as a Godsend in New York...and cited as one of the major reasons why Curtis Martin galloped to 1,300 yards last season.

Go figure.

TheCardFan

Things have changed.
Reaction score
Mitch said:
Canuck: We are now staring an 3 or 4 win season in the face.

We started off 0-3 last year and still won 6 games even though we lost 2 to SF! That is not even sensible.

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ok, I've heard enough. You don't like Green and unrealistically blame him for everything. Stop recycling the same tired lunacy in multiple posts. We get it. Move on.

MaoTosiFanClub

The problem
Reaction score
Mitch said:
Meanwhile, Kendall has been embraced as a Godsend in New York...and cited as one of the major reasons why Curtis Martin galloped to 1,300 yards last season.
:biglaugh:

Godsend? Are you kidding me? Curtis Martin was already a first ballot Hall of Famer when Kendall was still wallowing in his own mediocrity here in the desert. But I'm sure it's got everything to do with Kendall and nothing to do with Martin, a healthy Pennington, or the Pro Bowl offensive lineman flanking Kendall why Curtis had one his annual Pro Bowl caliber seasons. What a joke.

Last edited:

TheCardFan

Things have changed.
Reaction score
red desert said:
Dennis Green has been the problem up until know. His game management and play calling have been atrocious. Let me repeat, GREEN is the problem up until now.

The problem is clear...FG's instead of TD's.

Did DG give up two special team TD's last week?

Did DG miss the block on Archuleta?

Did DG false start with 7 seconds left?

*Edit...I know that he is the Head Coach...so ultimately it is all his responsibility... :thumbup:

LVCARDFREAK

In the league 20 years!
Reaction score
Mitch said:
As for Kendall...how many of you have actually considered what the players feel about Kendall???...after all, he was protecting their rights...which as union representative was his job.

Dennis Green broke the off-season NFL rules...not by just a little...players were hitting each other unprotected and were getting hurt...

For those of you who think "Oh, come on, what a bunch of whimp losers"... Playing football is these players' livelihood...all of them are one bad injury from having to give the game up and possibly forfeit financial security for their families in the process....not to mention having to give up playing the game they love.

Pete Kendall is a tough hard-nosed football player who played hard and hurt for the Cardinals when the chips were down.

Some of you got sucked into the DG mystique all too easily.

Pete Kendall was not the problem...he would have been the Cardinals' best interior lineman last year...and quite frankly, with him in the lineup, the running game would have been much stronger...and in all likelihood the Cardinals would have won both the SF games and, in doing so, would have made the playoffs.

Green hung Kendall out to dry and allowed everyone to consider him a cancer and a pariah. It was unconscionable.

It was also a very poor football decision to get nothing in return for him...especially in light of the immediate interest Kendall garnered in the open market, and the subsequent $3M+/yr. contract he inked.

Shame on the Bidwills and Rod Graves too for allowing this to happen.

Go figure.

Normally I agree with your posts but this last one is bitter hatred for DG. How is that us fans and Graves were "sucked into the DG mystique too easily" but somehow you KNOW what the players in the lockeroom felt about Pete?

I seem to remember most of them saying when asked, (paraphrasing) "sometimes these things happen" I dont remember any players coming out vehemently defending Pete once.... :shrug:

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
TheCardFan said:
The problem is clear...FG's instead of TD's.

Did DG give up two special team TD's last week?

Did DG miss the block on Archuleta?

Did DG false start with 7 seconds left?

*Edit...I know that he is the Head Coach...so ultimately it is all his responsibility... :thumbup:

But he let Kendall go! You know, Kendall. KENDALL!!!! The guy with the statue outside the new stadium. The best player to ever play the game. PETE KENDALL FOR GOD'S SAKE!!! Don't you people see that Denny is the devil?? Kendall was sitting up there, hanging on the cross for our sins and Denny had the audacity to get rid of him.

The anti-Denny crowd is terribly annoying.

OP
OP
Mitch

Mitch

Reaction score
The truth hurts doesn't it, DDogg?

If you don't like it, you move on.

Tell you what...(and anyone else who thinks he can)...provide us with a list of coaching positives that you have seen from Dennis Green...as he has talked playoffs and delivered a 6-12 record thus far.

Not personnel decisions.

Coaching decisions.

Come on...lay them on us...let us chew on them...

So many of you are so quick to insult...but just as quick to bail out without offering any tangible evidence to the contrary.

Citing Green's record in Minnesota won't cut it.

C'mon...find all the positive game decisions that would suggest that Green has made good decisions and in-game adjustments as the Cardinals' head coach.

OP
OP
Mitch

Mitch

Reaction score
LVCardfreak: You actually think for one minute any of the players were going to publically support Kendall, with Denny on the warpath?

Apply this scenario to yourself. Let's say your boss was demanding that you and your colleagues stay an extra two hours each day (which by your Union laws is a violation of employees' rights), or get fired. Let's then say that your Union representative reported the violations to the Union. How would you feel about your Union rep?

I have never heard a Cardinal player utter a disparaging word about Pete Kendall...and the way he was ostracized by Green...some of the Cardinals could have added credence to Green's decision. Their silence is the answer. Pete Kendall was their representative for a reason. He stood up for their rights.

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Mitch said:
The truth hurts doesn't it, DDogg?

No, this hurts: :bang:

It's what I do everytime I see another "Denny's the Devil", "Let's Start McCown" or "Kendall is Great" thread.

We made your little list last year--there were a lot of things on it. For starters, we didn't get blown out in every game last season like we did under Mac.

We've got some serious oline issues. I think that's clear to everyone but Eric Allen. However, trying to extrapolate that to every detail of how Green coaches is very overboard.

Fine, you don't like him. Again, we get it.

LVCARDFREAK

In the league 20 years!
Reaction score
Mitch said:
LVCardfreak: You actually think for one minute any of the players were going to publically support Kendall, with Denny on the warpath?

Apply this scenario to yourself. Let's say your boss was demanding that you and your colleagues stay an extra two hours each day (which by your Union laws is a violation of employees' rights), or get fired. Let's then say that your Union representative reported the violations to the Union. How would you feel about your Union rep?

I have never heard a Cardinal player utter a disparaging word about Pete Kendall...and the way he was ostracized by Green...some of the Cardinals could have added credence to Green's decision. Their silence is the answer. Pete Kendall was their representative for a reason. He stood up for their rights.

I understand the analogy, and I understand your point, but although you dont see it, your dislike for DG really shines through in your posts. I dont think DG is a svior by any means. I feel he severly botched this oline situation at this point. And I feel he has made some bonehead coaching decisons as well. (The whole clock management thing comes to mind over the last two seasons) but come on, you have neevr given him a chance. You didnt like that they didnt hire who you wanted to hire so you have been very bitter about it.

The whole Kendel thing has just been beaten to death and the very fact that it is brought up shows, to me, that DG haters are grasping at straws to reference a now 2 season old incident as proof of his inability to head coach a football team.

You ask for specific but dont want anyone to bring up his track record? Who else coached thjose teams? Who else took Minnesota to the playoffs all those years? Turned around Stanford and Northwestern? Hired great assistants lke Belick and Dunge? (And I think he has two more great hires in Clancy and Rowen)

The man can coach, assemble, and turn around a football team regardless of what any of the DG haters have to say about it. Just because he doesnt spout good-ole-boy-Texas euphimisms like Mac doesnt mean he doesnt deserve a chnavce to turn around, the SORRIEST EXCUSE FOR A FRANCHISE IN THE HISTORY OF SPORTS! YES i said it, the sorriest....Give the man a chance!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Broncosfan