Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
He should believe that he is the best.

AJ has tremendous skills. No one said he was smart though. :D

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
Johnson actually is arguably the best in the NFL... If Schaub has time, DRC could very well be in for a very, very long day...

:(

Unsterblich856

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Well I'd hope he thinks he's better than Fitz. A player is supposed to be (over)confident of himself.

Lorenzo

Reaction score
Fitzs' PLAYOFF RECORDS would disagree! Andre can you even spell playoffs?
not the mark of the better player. larry's team was better last year...or played in a worse division(whichever way you want to look at it). andre and fitz are about dead even right now. actually I have a lot of friends who I have argued with who think andre is better....

OP
OP
Doug

Doug

B a n n ed WARRIOR
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Lynn Haven Florida(Panama City)1 mile away.
Please don't kill the messenger.I find it my job to help others bring the best stuff on the net to this site fairly as the mods remind me and have the most information about a game before it happens.

I could'nt tolerate one day on the CARDINALS main message board.All they do is fight with each other.You can feel the hate.

I know things will happen but I know the style of folks posting here can word things with more class and have always shown a way to dissagree without causing anything but harmony between us fans.

Thankyou Jim for a place like this to come too.I'd be lost without it.

Once we get this home win under our belt I'm hoping we can pull even closer together in discussions on how we are improving and taking at least baby steps in the OC position and Davis with the defense.

Grimm with the O-line and new plans to attack upcoming foes that are looking very hot this year.

I know we've got to watch Breaston after every game as his knee is gonna swell and he'll feel the pain on Monday.It won't be till next season that we can truly count on him for everygame again.Thats kinda scary.

I almost wish we could take the return duties away from Breaston but Rolle is just too scary with the ball unless he has lots of room to run free.Catching punts I'm holding my breath.

Wish the Howler could do punts instead of Breaston.Breaston is the straw that makes Boldin and Fitzgerald a really tough drink to cover.

We get Patrick back next week.That will help in the Qwest bowl.No telling who'll we'll get playing qb for the seahawks.More tight ends to cover and I hate the running qb's.

Davis better have a FEW different blitzes we DID'NT see against the colts for Shaub.I'll be freakin out if he does'nt.We brought it from pre-season on.Why stop now?

jaguarpaw81

All Star
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Fitzs' PLAYOFF RECORDS would disagree! Andre can you even spell playoffs?

I am sorry, but you just say some crazy stuff.

Football is the ultimate team game and whether your team makes the playoffs has nothing to do with how good of an individual players skills AT ALL. Demarcus Ware has never won a playoff game so I guess our OLBs are all better than him too right??

Shane

Comin for you!
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Nothing wrong with what he said AT ALL. Good chance he is right too. Just because we are biased we all like to think otherwise. But we all know that if their uniforms were reversed we wouldn't be sticking up for Larry. W would be sticking up for AJ.

nashman

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
When you break all time NFL PLAYOFF RECORDS against the best teams in the league (you know the ones that make the playoffs) it speaks volumes about that player! Johnson has been in the league for what 7 years and has made a few pro bowls he is a good WR no question but imo Larry is better and when all is said and done we may be looking at one of the best to ever play the game, not sure you could say the same about Andre, he is just one of the best in the league imo nothing spectacular.

BIRDGANG
Reaction score
Nothing wrong with what he said AT ALL. Good chance he is right too. Just because we are biased we all like to think otherwise. But we all know that if their uniforms were reversed we wouldn't be sticking up for Larry. W would be sticking up for AJ.

I mentioned that in another thread. It's just natural homerism to stick up for your players. I have no problem with what he said, if you are a top talent in the NFL you are supposed to think you're the best. None of those players got to where they were thinking everyone else was better than them.

Last edited:

jaguarpaw81

All Star
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
When you break all time NFL PLAYOFF RECORDS against the best teams in the league (you know the ones that make the playoffs) it speaks volumes about that player! Johnson has been in the league for what 7 years and has made a few pro bowls he is a good WR no question but imo Larry is better and when all is said and done we may be looking at one of the best to ever play the game, not sure you could say the same about Andre, he is just one of the best in the league imo nothing spectacular.

:biglaugh:

Be honest, you've never watched AJ play have you?

SuperSpck

ASFN Addict
Reaction score

I mentioned that in another thread. It's just natural homerism to stick up for your players. I have no problem with what he said, if you are a top talent in the NFL you are supposed to think you're the best. None of those players got to where they were thinking everyone else was better than them.

+1 to you and Shane

PoolBoy

BIRDGANG
Reaction score
Every player that is a starter in this league should feel they are the best, every backup should believe they should be a starter.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I am sorry, but you just say some crazy stuff.

Football is the ultimate team game and whether your team makes the playoffs has nothing to do with how good of an individual players skills AT ALL. Demarcus Ware has never won a playoff game so I guess our OLBs are all better than him too right??

Nashman, is right on Fitz being better, homerism or not. It's close, but Fitz is the better receiver.

Look at the career stats.

Fitz in 5 years (not including this year has 426 receptions 5,925 yards 13.9 AVG and 46 TDs.

Andre in 6 years has 486 receptions, 6369 yards, 13.3 AVG and 33 TDs

Everything is pretty close when you consider everything but TDs. Fitz has 15 more TDs playing one less year.

In fact, let's compare his career with Boldin as they have played the same amount of years.

Boldin has 512 receptions, 6496 yards, 12.9 AVG, and 40 TDs

Using career stats, it would be better to compare Boldin and Andre.

Also, Andre has had the case of the dropsies in 2005 and 2007.

BIRDGANG
Reaction score
Andre's biggest problems in the past have been injuries keeping him out of games and he has not developed into the redzone target that Fitz is, for whatever reason. I agree that Fitz is better than him right now, but I can see both sides.

jaguarpaw81

All Star
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Nashman, is right on Fitz being better, homerism or not. It's close, but Fitz is the better receiver.

Fitz in 5 years (not including this year has 426 receptions 5,925 yards 13.9 AVG and 46 TDs.

Everything is pretty close when you consider everything but TDs. Fitz has 15 more TDs playing one less year.

In fact, let's compare his career with Boldin as they have played the same amount of years.

You and I both know that stats never tell the whole story.

Fitz has had the benefit of having the most accurate QB in the history of the NFL (Pennington doesn't count since he only threw screen passes and dump-offs) throwing to him for all but one year of his career. Johnson has had bust-zilla David Carr and Sage Rosenfells feeding him the ball.

Fitz has played in a throw first offense his entire career, whereas Johnson has played under Kubiak, who wants to run and stop the run.

I also dont recall Andre Johnson having another top 5-8 reciever in the league next to him keeping D's semi-honest.

FWIW, Johnson and Kevin Walters (sp?) were the only receiving duo in the league last year to outgain Fitz and Q.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You and I both know that stats never tell the whole story.

Fitz has had the benefit of having the most accurate QB in the history of the NFL (Pennington doesn't count since he only threw screen passes and dump-offs) throwing to him for all but one year of his career. Johnson has had bust-zilla David Carr and Sage Rosenfells feeding him the ball.

Fitz has played in a throw first offense his entire career, whereas Johnson has played under Kubiak, who wants to run and stop the run.

I also dont recall Andre Johnson having another top 5-8 reciever in the league next to him keeping D's semi-honest.

FWIW, Johnson and Kevin Walters (sp?) were the only receiving duo in the league last year to outgain Fitz and Q.

Of course. Look at Q and his first couple years. It's not like he had KW the entire time either.

I definitely think Andre is top 3 in this league along with Fitz and Reggie Wayne, but even he has had Manning to throw him the ball his entire career.

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score

Johnson missed half the season in '07 due to injury. Heading into the game un Sunday, he has played in 11 more games than Fitz over their career.
His season last year was off the charts! 8 games with at least 9 catches and 112 yards or more! His 1,575 yards were the most by a WR since 2003.
And, as has been discussed already, Johnson doesn't have a Boldin or Breaston, or even an Urban at his side...or a QB like Warner tossing to him.
In the end, I'd take Fitz over Johnson. But man, it's truly splitting hairs...

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
Well....he can catch a hogie and a full glass of water.

Although Fitz can catch a coffee pot and a cup.

BIRDGANG
Reaction score
Johnson missed half the season in '07 due to injury. Heading into the game un Sunday, he has played in 11 more games than Fitz over their career.
His season last year was off the charts! 8 games with at least 9 catches and 112 yards or more! His 1,575 yards were the most by a WR since 2003.
And, as has been discussed already, Johnson doesn't have a Boldin or Breaston, or even an Urban at his side...or a QB like Warner tossing to him.
In the end, I'd take Fitz over Johnson. But man, it's truly splitting hairs...

I wouldn't do such an injustice to Kevin Walter who had 899 yards and 8 TD's last year along with TE Owen Daniels who had 862 yards and 2 TD's. The Texans have a rock solid group of receivers on their team, so Johnson wasn't and still isn't the only option in their passing game.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05