Andre Johnson (Video)says he's better than FITZGERALD

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
How so? Just because they are in the game together? I think they both started making their case 5 to 6 years ago. This is just one game. All players have bad games here and there. Fitz could go out and catch 12 for 200 and 3 TD's while Johnson ends up with 6 for 90 and 2TD's. Still doesnt say who is the best. That is pure opinion on all sides and nothikng will change that. If they were to switch uniforms the Texan fans would be here saying It's Fitz and we would be saying its AJ. Were all homers! :D

While my homerism still pushes me in Fitz's direction, I do believe Johnson did, as I suggested above, make a STRONG case as the #1 WR in the NFL. He was actually unstoppable today. Whenever Schaub had time, he was able to locate Johnson who, more often than not, was wide open. And yea, that TD of his where he BLEW the F up out of Hayes the rest of the Cards secondary... that was SICK!

Air Canada

Reaction score
While my homerism still pushes me in Fitz's direction, I do believe Johnson did, as I suggested above, make a STRONG case as the #1 WR in the NFL. He was actually unstoppable today. Whenever Schaub had time, he was able to locate Johnson who, more often than not, was wide open. And yea, that TD of his where he BLEW the F up out of Hayes the rest of the Cards secondary... that was SICK!

That's right! I'll quote myself from previously why I said he is the best and u saw a lot of that 2nite.

Yeah... TEXANS FAN HERE!!!

It's clear u haven't really seen much or enough of AJ, like Larry he is a GREAT WIDE-OUT! Receivers like him just don't come along. Fitz stepped up last yr. and put up some great numbers in the playoffs, but that doesn't make him the better player.

Fitz is on a pass heavy offense that focuses on moving and scoring via the pass. Andre is on a run first offense, that likes to establish a ground game.

Dre has faced far more inconsistent QB play for his entire career...Carr, Sage BS, and now Schaub who is the best QB he has ever played with, but has never had close to a full season(he will this yr.)

I'll break it down....

They are both good route runners, Fitz wasn't always, but has really improved there.
Fitz is better at jump balls, the way he elevates in the air to get the ball, he is the best at it in the league. Andre can go get it with the best of them, but Fitz has an edge over him here. That's the only area Fitz beats Dre IMO.

Andre is stronger, more physical, a better blocker, and looks like a TE in the upper body with elite wide receiver speed, a big edge he has over Fitz. He is also more explosive than Fitz b4(coming off the line) and after the catch(YAC, breaking tackles.) The man is a burner and can simply blow up coverages by forcing defenses to commit...he'll blow right by u or he can stop on a dime at full speed. Speed kills, and with that size and physicality...HE'S A BEAST!

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This one was a draw with both scoring two TD's but AJ had me saying WOW on that last TD. I was heckling him a little bit before the game, I wonder that is why he threw the ball into the stands in our general direction.

Shane

Comin for you!
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This one was a draw with both scoring two TD's but AJ had me saying WOW on that last TD. I was heckling him a little bit before the game, I wonder that is why he threw the ball into the stands in our general direction.

That was not a draw. Both had two TD's but AJ eclipsed the C mark and had 8 catches. Plus his one TD was just SICK. Where Larrys were basic as far as TD's go.

Air Canada

Reaction score
That was not a draw. Both had two TD's but AJ eclipsed the C mark and had 8 catches. Plus his one TD was just SICK. Where Larrys were basic as far as TD's go.

I concur...that's a part of why Dre's the best IMO... just clowning those boys...:mulli:
That's not even the first time he's made a play like that(just breaking tackles carrying pathetic bodies to the endzone)..haha..I remember last yr. he did a similar score on the Bears, but this was little more beastly! Good game, but u guys came up with the stop at the end...We had some poor play calling on 3rd and 1's or 4th down with those runs...We should have play-actioned and to OD...Money play in goal line area! DANG! Tough loss!

Shane

Comin for you!
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I concur...that's why he's the best just clowning those boys...:mulli:
That's not even the first time he's made a play like that....I remember last yr. he did a similar score on the Bears, but this was little more beastly! Good game, but u guys came up with the stop at the end...We had some poor play calling on 3rd and 1's or 4th down with those runs...We should have play-actioned and to OD...Money play in goal line area! DANG! Tough loss!

To be honest thats exactly where you should have used AJ. A fade to the corner with his size should be unstoppable. But I saw Schaub today and he doesnt have a lot of touch on his throws like that requires. He misses a bunch of touch throws today. Especially that 40 yards pass to Daniels where he was crosing the field. Would have been an easy TD had Schaub just dropped it in there.

Air Canada

Reaction score
To be honest thats exactly where you should have used AJ. A fade to the corner with his size should be unstoppable. But I saw Schaub today and he doesnt have a lot of touch on his throws like that requires. He misses a bunch of touch throws today. Especially that 40 yards pass to Daniels where he was crosing the field. Would have been an easy TD had Schaub just dropped it in there.

He usually makes plays like that actually, but in the first half he was off and just way a out of rhythm and made a costly mistake in the 4th on a timing route and the timing was off...Those out routes to the corner always bother me, even when they are completed cuz they can be so dangerous and it hurt us 2nite....Still we blew it at the 1...QB SNEAK at least one freakin time there! OMG!:bang:

Lorenzo

Reaction score
I still put these guys close to even. and when you go around the country some say andre some say larry. obviously a cards fan is going to go with fitz and a texans fan is going to go with andre...because there is a conflict of interest even if you are being objective air canada. the texans not making the playoffs last year was not andre's fault when you look at his striking impact he has on every game. then combine that with the division houston plays in...much tougher that what the cards dealt with last season. is hayes a linebacker? lol...you definitely give andre the edge in toughness.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05