Andre Johnson (Video)says he's better than FITZGERALD

Air Canada

Reaction score
When you break all time NFL PLAYOFF RECORDS against the best teams in the league (you know the ones that make the playoffs) it speaks volumes about that player! Johnson has been in the league for what 7 years and has made a few pro bowls he is a good WR no question but imo Larry is better and when all is said and done we may be looking at one of the best to ever play the game, not sure you could say the same about Andre, he is just one of the best in the league imo nothing spectacular.

I'm sorry, but Andre is spectacular and he is better than Fitz

Air Canada

Reaction score
Ok troll the numbers and what they have proved in their careers says otherwise!

Yeah... TEXANS FAN HERE!!! ;)

It's clear u haven't really seen much or enough of AJ, like Larry he is a GREAT WIDE-OUT! Receivers like him just don't come along. Fitz stepped up last yr. and put up some great numbers in the playoffs, but that doesn't make him the better player.

Fitz is on a pass heavy offense that focuses on moving and scoring via the pass. Andre is on a run first offense, that likes to establish a ground game.

Dre has faced far more inconsistent QB play for his entire career...Carr, Sage BS, and now Schaub who is the best QB he has ever played with, but has never had close to a full season(he will this yr.)

I'll break it down....:)

They are both good route runners, Fitz wasn't always, but has really improved there.
Fitz is better at jump balls, the way he elevates in the air to get the ball, he is the best at it in the league. Andre can go get it with the best of them, but Fitz has an edge over him here. That's the only area Fitz beats Dre IMO.

Andre is stronger, more physical, a better blocker, and looks like a TE in the upper body with elite wide receiver speed, a big edge he has over Fitz. He is also more explosive than Fitz b4(coming off the line) and after the catch(YAC, breaking tackles.) The man is a burner and can simply blow up coverages by forcing defenses to commit...he'll blow right by u or he can stop on a dime at full speed. Speed kills, and with that size and physicality...HE'S A BEAST!:mulli:

nashman

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I would say Fitz beats him YPC, TD's all of this in a year less time than Andre! I know he is a great receiver just not better than Larry at this point in time! Even Boldin scores more TD's than Johnson and I am not saying Boldin is better just clearly while Johnson is good clearly he is not as good as getting in the endzone that makes Larry better imo!!

Air Canada

Reaction score
I would say Fitz beats him YPC, TD's all of this in a year less time than Andre! I know he is a great receiver just not better than Larry at this point in time! Even Boldin scores more TD's than Johnson and I am not saying Boldin is better just clearly while Johnson is good clearly he is not as good as getting in the endzone that makes Larry better imo!!

Just cuz he scores more TD's doesn't make him better either...ur focuses all on the numbers, but look at the entire skills of the players....Andre has ridiculous YAC, look at last yr. U can't just look at those things to determine who is best

I explained the difference in the teams already....If Andre was on the Cards he definitely would have more TD's and opportunites...they are a very pass happy offense...

nashman

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Whatever Kobe scores more points the guys just as athletic as him does that make them just as good as players? Um no! Players who score lots of TDs are better than players that don't its pretty simple call it how you want your a Texan fan so clearly you think your guy is better, well lots of people around the world woould disagree with your line of thinking. If Fitz was on the Colts he would have lots more TD's doesn't make a difference they are where they are and Fitz is better!

Air Canada

Reaction score
Whatever Kobe scores more points the guys just as athletic as him does that make them just as good as players? Um no! Players who score lots of TDs are better than players that don't its pretty simple call it how you want your a Texan fan so clearly you think your guy is better, well lots of people around the world woould disagree with your line of thinking. If Fitz was on the Colts he would have lots more TD's doesn't make a difference they are where they are and Fitz is better!

Your comparing scoring points in basketball to a WR scoring TD's in football?!!!
Ridiculous....u can't compare the two...Yeah, in bball a good player on a bad team can put up 30pt games and get blown out as well as bad players put up good numbers on bad teams in basketball. Other players have avg. more pts. than Kobe b4 does that make them all better players? That's just an ignorant thing to say....I am a Texans fan, but I'm at least looking at this objectively....

Many people(Non-Texans fans) if not most would actually agree that AJ is the best receiver in football. Even Chris Carter(Fitz mentor) has said b4 himself that Andre was the best in the game!

You have to look at skills and production, but ability is the most important thing in determining who is better and I've given those reasons why I think that.

Their production is as much or more about one's supporting cast and situation (i.e., your OPPORTUNITY) than about one's ABILITY.

He has the BEST ABILITY=BEST RECEIVER....just not best situation, if he were on the Colts, Saints, Cards...his TDs would all be more...Why is that?

The offenses favor the passing game(wide receivers) or have consistently good QBs... Thus u have more opportunities...Yet, he still puts up great numbers regardless of that(led. league in rec. & yds.) and is the more skilled receiver.

Just like in "team" sports if one player wins more than another player, it doesn't mean they are better than the other player. It does make a difference. You have to take factors into account.:bang:

Last edited:

jaguarpaw81

All Star
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score

I get the TD comparison (thought it's flawed), but how does the amount of games you've played make it easier to have a longer yards per catch?????:biglaugh: As far as the TDs go, you do know this is a team with a running game dont you?? They don't have to throw to go into the endzone and their coach believes in playing it safely and keeping the ball on the ground in the redzone. When you don't have a HOF QB it makes it much riskier to to throw there. Do you think it matters at all that the Texans have scored 28 more TDs on the ground than the Cards over Johnson's career?

jaguarpaw81

All Star
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score

Sorry but this post just cost you any credibility you may have had in anyone's mind. Ridiculous.

b0ng

Reaction score
I'll vote for AJ because I'm a Texans homer but it's not like we're comparing men vs boys. Both of the WR's in question are elite. You go anywhere there is football discussion and there's about 4 or 5 WR's that can be considered the best from year to year. Steve Smith, Reggie Wayne, Randy Moss and our two friends being discussed currently could all take that trophy of being "Da best". You can throw Calvin Johnson in there too even if he's still considered a young buck in the NFL.

Scheme, teammates, and playcalling can all benefit or hurt a WR and his production. To say that AJ is better because he racked up a gazillion yards and receptions last year is disengenious, just as it is to say that Larry F has a bunch more TD's than AJ and is therefore better. All I'm really hoping for is that both players take their games to the next level tommorrow to try to show who is really on top. Great receivers putting up career numbers in a game is a magical thing to watch no matter who you root for.

EDIT: Also, my avatar would rule if I was allowed to put one up.

jaguarpaw81

All Star
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
I'll vote for AJ because I'm a Texans homer but it's not like we're comparing men vs boys. Both of the WR's in question are elite. You go anywhere there is football discussion and there's about 4 or 5 WR's that can be considered the best from year to year. Steve Smith, Reggie Wayne, Randy Moss and our two friends being discussed currently could all take that trophy of being "Da best". You can throw Calvin Johnson in there too even if he's still considered a young buck in the NFL.

Scheme, teammates, and playcalling can all benefit or hurt a WR and his production. To say that AJ is better because he racked up a gazillion yards and receptions last year is disengenious, just as it is to say that Larry F has a bunch more TD's than AJ and is therefore better. All I'm really hoping for is that both players take their games to the next level tommorrow to try to show who is really on top. Great receivers putting up career numbers in a game is a magical thing to watch no matter who you root for.

EDIT: Also, my avatar would rule if I was allowed to put one up.

Great post.

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
Johnson and Fitz...

they are both extremely talented WRs, and what they personally think of each other has no effect on what they do on the field. They are also very different WRs with what they bring to the table. Johnson is faster but Fitz has better hands. Johnson is stronger though Fitz has gotten better with RAC. But here is a simple reason why I would take Fitz, Fitz is a better route runner and at times Johnson thinks his amazing talent alone is enough instead of putting himself where he needs to be on a play.

Last edited:

DemsMyBoys

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Just to add something else to the pot:

Chad Ochocinco put out on Twitter yesterday that he thinks Fitz is the best WR in the game today. (One of the reasons being Fitz has been in the playoffs.) I thought that was kind of interesting.

Fitz was his usual gracious self in twitting back a "Thank you".

Last edited:

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
Chad Ochocinco is what TO wishes he could be. A person who talks a lot but does it in a good nature way that entertains and does not disturb for the most part...and most importantly, 85 catches the ball and is a team player

Air Canada

Reaction score
they are both extremely talented WRs, and what they personally think of each other has no effect on what they do on the field. They are also very different WRs with what they bring to the table. Johnson is faster but Fitz has better hands. Johnson is stronger though Fitz has gotten better with RAC. But here is a simple reason why I would take Fitz, Fitz is a better route runner and at times Johnson thinks his amazing talent alone is enough instead of putting himself where he needs to be on a play.

I agree for the most part, but actually it's the exact opposite...Dre is and has been the better route runner for his career...Fitz over the past season or so has improved as a good route runner...Oh, and Reggie Wayne is the best route runner in the league IMO.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Doug

Doug

B a n n ed WARRIOR
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Lynn Haven Florida(Panama City)1 mile away.
Fitz has yet to have a truly Fitzgerald game this year.I'm hoping the challenge both teams are up against brings out the best in him.I've seen games and heard about practices where the ball NEVER touches the ground.

We need one of those games tomorrow.Even Fitz has manned up and said he has'nt been his normal self this year.Maybe we can get a few things fixed and going in the right direction tomorrow.Especially on offense.Front to back.:D

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Chad Ochocinco is what TO wishes he could be. A person who talks a lot but does it in a good nature way that entertains and does not disturb for the most part...and most importantly, 85 catches the ball and is a team player

Have you NOT been watching Ocho the past few years?

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
Chris Carter just said it perfectly... Johnson was the best WR in the regular season last year, Fitz was the best WR in the post season.
He said he worked out with Fitz all summer and would always scream at him that Johnson is the best in the NFL!
It's truly a crapshoot - however, today cold serve as a point from which one of these two makes their case for being the best!

Shane

Comin for you!
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
today cold serve as a point from which one of these two makes their case for being the best!

How so? Just because they are in the game together? I think they both started making their case 5 to 6 years ago. This is just one game. All players have bad games here and there. Fitz could go out and catch 12 for 200 and 3 TD's while Johnson ends up with 6 for 90 and 2TD's. Still doesnt say who is the best. That is pure opinion on all sides and nothikng will change that. If they were to switch uniforms the Texan fans would be here saying It's Fitz and we would be saying its AJ. Were all homers! :D

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
How so? Just because they are in the game together? I think they both started making their case 5 to 6 years ago. This is just one game. All players have bad games here and there. Fitz could go out and catch 12 for 200 and 3 TD's while Johnson ends up with 6 for 90 and 2TD's. Still doesnt say who is the best. That is pure opinion on all sides and nothikng will change that. If they were to switch uniforms the Texan fans would be here saying It's Fitz and we would be saying its AJ. Were all homers! :D

No doubt. And as an official Fitz homer, I'm looking for Fitz to give me more reasons to support my homerism!!!
;)

Air Canada

Reaction score
No doubt. And as an official Fitz homer, I'm looking for Fitz to give me more reasons to support my homerism!!!
;)

I'm not being a homer Texans fan when I say Dre is the best wideout in the league....for me I truly believe he is the most skilled/talented wideout in the game...

I don't think Schaub is the best QB or Mario is the best pass rusher or that we have the best at any other position, but I do believe AJ is the best WR...Looking at it objectively...:)

phillycard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I love Fitz to the core, but those TD's were really some grown azz man action. Gerald Hayes looked like he stepped on a land mine trying to tackle Johnson.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05