Another reason why Gortat needs to start

cemkage

Reaction score
Interesting thread. Learned a lot from here, in fact some info were like news for me.

OP
OP
BC867

BC867

Long time Phoenician!
Reaction score
Interesting thread. Learned a lot from here, in fact some info were like news for me.
It became even more interesting when Gentry's plan to start Gortat in the 3rd quarter from now on lasted only two games.

A pretty bad reflection on a coach's (lack of) commitment to his own decision.

sunsfan88

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Gortat has tied a 26-year-old Suns record for most double-doubles by a reserve. Maurice Lucas set the mark with 15 in 1984-85.

Gwindor

Rookie
Reaction score
Gortat has tied a 26-year-old Suns record for most double-doubles by a reserve. Maurice Lucas set the mark with 15 in 1984-85.

Heh... Maybe the reason why he plays from bench is that Suns just want him to set new record before they will start him over Lopez ;)

Oh... no, wait... Gentry don't wanna mess with Lopez self-confidence. Well... I partly can understand this - with a little less confidence Lopez may be scared not only to catch the ball on P&R or rebs like he is doing now, but he may be to scared for even trying to touch it.. :sarcasm:

dziki

Rookie
Reaction score
Now he should break the record of wins-in-the-row to take this team into the playoffs. With or without victims.

edukator1

Veteran
Reaction score
I'm just thinking....
In last game against LA Gortat was a starter C.
Maybe Gentry will do it again to stop Gasol :)

desertdawg

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
I'm just thinking....
In last game against LA Gortat was a starter C.
Maybe Gentry will do it again to stop Gasol :)
One can only hope. :) If LOLopez starts, I'll just assume we aren't even trying to win. Gortat is the only center we have that plays consistent defense.

I really am hoping Gentry will start Gortat and rest him like he has in the second half of these later games.

The Lakers are simply too good, I don't see us losing early and then winning. We need to play smart B-ball tonight, that means Lopez should play about 10 minutes, 5 towards the end of the 1st quarter, and another 5 minutes toward the end of the 3rd. We can leave Slowpez in there longer if he is playing well. :D
Anyone who says... "It doesn't matter who we start at center." needs to pay attention tonight. Every minute of this game is important, and so is the start and the finish.

Last edited:

edukator1

Veteran
Reaction score
One can only hope. :) If LOLopez starts, I'll just assume we aren't even trying to win. Gortat is the only center we have that plays consistent defense.

I really am hoping Gentry will start Gortat and rest him like he has in the second half of these later games.

The Lakers are simply too good, I don't see us losing early and then winning. We need to play smart B-ball tonight, that means Lopez should play about 10 minutes, 5 towards the end of the 1st quarter, and another 5 minutes toward the end of the 3rd. We can leave Slowpez in there longer if he is playing well. :D
Anyone who says... "It doesn't matter who we start at center." needs to pay attention tonight. Every minute of this game is important, and so is the start and the finish.
:cheers: