Anyone watching Jeremy Lin?

Suns_fan69

Official ASFN Lurker
Reaction score
The biggest issue I see is that Harden and Lin aren't super compatible. Harden is the primary ballhandler in PnR situations (rightfully), and that's eaten into a lot of what made Lin special. He's turned into a guy that plays off the ball and he's not the strongest outside shooter (airballed a 3 to win recently) so his role has been completely diminished.

In the right situation I think he is better than mediocre, but he's not in it right now.

OP
OP
JCSunsfan

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The biggest issue I see is that Harden and Lin aren't super compatible. Harden is the primary ballhandler in PnR situations (rightfully), and that's eaten into a lot of what made Lin special. He's turned into a guy that plays off the ball and he's not the strongest outside shooter (airballed a 3 to win recently) so his role has been completely diminished.

In the right situation I think he is better than mediocre, but he's not in it right now.

Houston basically let Dragic go in order to get Lin. Its looking like that was a mistake. Its not very often the Suns have been on the good end of someone else's mistake (lately).

SirStefan32

Krycek, Alex Krycek
Reaction score
Houston basically let Dragic go in order to get Lin. Its looking like that was a mistake. Its not very often the Suns have been on the good end of someone else's mistake (lately).

Neh, it was no mistake. Lin was brought in for marketing purposes as much as basketball. Lin is doing fine, and I really think he will improve as Houston adds pieces to their roster.

jagu

#13 - Legendary
Reaction score
Smart move by the Knicks not overpaying for Lin or Landry Fields.

jagu

#13 - Legendary
Reaction score
Vazquez looks like the better guard in my eyes. I wish we had him. Give any guard this much usage & shots and they'll score like Lin.

You can have Vasquez and I'll take Lin. Despite tonight's game, I'll win and you won't. As simple as that.

Steve

Steven would you still take Lin over Vazquez?

jagu

#13 - Legendary
Reaction score
I like that Jeremy Lin is playing better than the start of the season. Maybe he is finally gelling with Harden. Lin seems like a high usage player, maybe that's who he is. Maybe that's what makes up the madness of Linsanity. With Harden around it makes it tougher but Lin seems like he thrives when he is in full control of the game.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Steven would you still take Lin over Vazquez?

I'm not sure. I know he's had a pretty good season but I'm still not a fan of the guy. He's better than I thought but I just don't like the way he plays. He subscribes to the Derek Fisher method of defending his opponent and I'd pay money to see that stuff removed from the NBA. And, he pushes off every time he changes direction with the ball or at least he did at Maryland, I haven't watched him as much since he came into the NBA. I can't imagine that he's gotten any quicker (laterally) so it's a safe bet he's still doing the same things out there.

Steve

jagu

#13 - Legendary
Reaction score
I'm not sure. I know he's had a pretty good season but I'm still not a fan of the guy. He's better than I thought but I just don't like the way he plays. He subscribes to the Derek Fisher method of defending his opponent and I'd pay money to see that stuff removed from the NBA. And, he pushes off every time he changes direction with the ball or at least he did at Maryland, I haven't watched him as much since he came into the NBA. I can't imagine that he's gotten any quicker (laterally) so it's a safe bet he's still doing the same things out there.

Steve

That's fair. He seems like an elite passer and he runs a good game. I guess if you hate the way he plays it is tough to warm up to him.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That's fair. He seems like an elite passer and he runs a good game. I guess if you hate the way he plays it is tough to warm up to him.

He is. He has good court vision and is a very good passer. But, as to your real question. No, I'm no longer as cocky about beating you heads up if I have Lin and you have Vasquez.:D

Steve

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SportsBetJake