Anyone watching Jeremy Lin?

jagu

#13 - Legendary
Reaction score
Gortat gets it IMO. Stuck on the pine behind Dwight Howard, he's become an elite NBA center that requires attention.

jagu

#13 - Legendary
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images

jagu

#13 - Legendary
Reaction score
As I view it, Lin could save D'Antoni's job in New York. Finally DA gets a PG that run his offense. I'm thinking the Knicks are already thinking about moving Carmelo if there is a taker.

Guess not Mainstreet.

OP
OP
JCSunsfan

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Gambo is speculating that Lin might be available since NY has chosen Melo over DAntoni. Just speculation.

jagu

#13 - Legendary
Reaction score
Gambo is speculating that Lin might be available since NY has chosen Melo over DAntoni. Just speculation.

Lin isn't that good. Unless you want to cash in on Linsanity (which is dead), I don't know why any team would trade a lot to acquire him. He had a good week against some poor teams. There are plenty of Lin-like guards in the NBA that you could acquire for much less than what the Knicks will be asking.

Last edited:

cly2tw

Reaction score

Well, if Westbrook can co-exists with Durant, a less-shooting PG like Lin can do that with Melo. DA was good for jump-starting Lin's career. But Lin is not good enough yet to burden the responsibility of carrying the team a mature HOF like Nash was. His "system" with the rookie Lin was not exploiting the talent level on that team well enough. A patient rebuilding team like Mavs could wait 4 years for Nash to mature back then, together with an even younger Dirk. But it's not the acceptable approach with Knicks now.

OTH, Lin might be better off without such unfair burden of responsibility and learn to improve his PG skill the traditional way, like emulating Stockton under Sloan for example.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Lin isn't that good. Unless you want to cash in on Linsanity (which is dead), I don't know why any team would trade a lot to acquire him. He had a good week against some poor teams. There are plenty of Lin-like guards in the NBA that you could acquire for much less than what the Knicks will be asking.

Because many teams in the NBA would give up something for a 15 PPG 6 assist guy in the NBA. Lin was probably over hyped but he is far from chopped liver IMO. Just like in the Dallas game, teams are focusing on Lin now to shut down the Knicks. That says two things to me. One teams are game planning for him and the Knicks don't have another player on the team to make teams pay for it.

I would be curious to see what Lin could on a team with another star (not named Melo or Amare) where if teams focus on him another player can make a team pay.

Last edited:

jagu

#13 - Legendary
Reaction score
I would be curious to see what Lin could on a team with another star (not named Melo or Amare) where if teams focus on him another player can make a team pay.

Are you suggesting that playing alongside Melo, Amare, Chandler isn't enough for Lin to get heat off of him? How many other teams have a good a front-line as that three?

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Are you suggesting that playing alongside Melo, Amare, Chandler isn't enough for Lin to get heat off of him? How many other teams have a good a front-line as that three?

That is exactly what I am saying. Amare is a shell of his former self, Melo scores 20 a night and Chandler is no offensive minded player. Melo is the closest thing to that player but everybody knows Melo is not going to beat you.

I would like to see Lin on a team that has another player that requires constant double teams.

cly2tw

Reaction score
That is exactly what I am saying. Amare is a shell of his former self, Melo scores 20 a night and Chandler is no offensive minded player. Melo is the closest thing to that player but everybody knows Melo is not going to beat you.

I would like to see Lin on a team that has another player that requires constant double teams.

If you watch Knicks games, you will recognize that one of Lin's problem is to deal with pressure defense and give up the ball to teammates in favorable positions, and the other is his off-ball moves are not there yet. So, pairing him with another star would not solve these problems for him, but developing and maturing under a coach like Sloan or Pop will.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score

JustWinBaby

Veteran
Reaction score
It looks like the Knicks will be short another player with Jeremy Lin likely being out for the season with a torn meniscus. Just wondering if his injury is worse than Grant Hill's knee injury. The Knicks are starting to look thin with Amare and Lin out.

Maybe it doesn't matter in the Eastern Conference.

http://espn.go.com/new-york/nba/story/_/id/7759848/jeremy-lin-new-york-knicks-surgery-torn-meniscus

What a shame.

Lin made basketball fun to watch especially in our down year.

We will see how Melo leads the team without a PG other than Baron Davis. They have no one behind Baron.

It is going to be real difficult for the Knicks to make the playoffs, IMO.

Shumpert will be the key, if they make it.

OP
OP
JCSunsfan

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
What a shame.

Lin made basketball fun to watch especially in our down year.

We will see how Melo leads the team without a PG other than Baron Davis. They have no one behind Baron.

It is going to be real difficult for the Knicks to make the playoffs, IMO.

Shumpert will be the key, if they make it.

Maybe the Knicks will develop a fear of Linsanity like Denver did with Tebow.

JustWinBaby

Veteran
Reaction score
Maybe the Knicks will develop a fear of Linsanity like Denver did with Tebow.

I hope they do and we somehow get him. I would love to watch him grow as a player. I really think he is going to be very good.

I see him getting run over by Melo mania in New York.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I hope they do and we somehow get him. I would love to watch him grow as a player. I really think he is going to be very good.

I see him getting run over by Melo mania in New York.

Lin would have been the perfect candidate to play behind Nash... so as he could be the Suns future PG... which might be soon.

Blanks missed on this candidate. I guess he felt the Suns were set at the PG position with Telfair and Price. :rolleyes:

My feelings are you keep trying to fill a position of need even if it is off the waiver wire.

Suns_fan69

Official ASFN Lurker
Reaction score
Lin would have been the perfect candidate to play behind Nash... so as he could be the Suns future PG... which might be soon.

Blanks missed on this candidate. I guess he felt the Suns were set at the PG position with Telfair and Price. :rolleyes:

My feelings are you keep trying to fill a position of need even if it is off the waiver wire.

It's hard to fault the FO on missing out on Lin, it was a very special situation that led to his ascension and a lot of teams whiffed on it.

And it's not like the Suns have lacked trying to find this 'position of need' over the last handful of years. Has any other team gone through as many backup PGs as we have over the last 5 years?

Just because we haven't found a reliable one doesn't mean we haven't been trying.

Bufalay

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
The Suns had a perfect backup PG last year and he's now going to keep them from making the playoffs.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Suns had a perfect backup PG last year and he's now going to keep them from making the playoffs.

Did you watch the Suns play last year? Dragic showed signs of becoming the perfect backup PG the year before last and many of us dared to hope he'd grow into a quality replacement for Steve. Maybe we'll never know why but the Goran that played for us last season was so bad that we went digging through the NBDL trash cans in search of a better answer. It's been suggested a few times that Dragic intentionally played his way out of Phoenix and if that is truly the case, I hope we never bring him back.

Steve

jagu

#13 - Legendary
Reaction score
Did you watch the Suns play last year? Dragic showed signs of becoming the perfect backup PG the year before last and many of us dared to hope he'd grow into a quality replacement for Steve. Maybe we'll never know why but the Goran that played for us last season was so bad that we went digging through the NBDL trash cans in search of a better answer. It's been suggested a few times that Dragic intentionally played his way out of Phoenix and if that is truly the case, I hope we never bring him back.

Steve

Yea he played like crap for us before he was traded.

Bufalay

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Did you watch the Suns play last year?

Steve

Not really. No matter how bad he was playing, I didn't really understand the urgency to replace him with Brooks. Brooks might have been an upgrade for a couple of months, but I'd prefer to have Dragic at his best than Brooks at his. For a team that was as bad as the Suns it couldn't have hurt to wait and see if Dragic started playing well again. Plus, there was no need to give up a pick.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Not really. No matter how bad he was playing, I didn't really understand the urgency to replace him with Brooks. Brooks might have been an upgrade for a couple of months, but I'd prefer to have Dragic at his best than Brooks at his. For a team that was as bad as the Suns it couldn't have hurt to wait and see if Dragic started playing well again. Plus, there was no need to give up a pick.

If we had never seen Dragic play before and he had just been some guy we'd brought up last season, he would have never seen his second 10 day contract. Also, there was a point last season where the playoffs were very much a possibility. It appeared we might be only a solid backup PG away from earning a spot in postseason play. And while Brooks was a disappointment for us and for Houston last year, his play the year before was far superior to what we saw from Dragic that same season. The deal didn't work out for us and I wish we still had Goran here but I can't really fault the organization for making the effort.

Steve

SirStefan32

Krycek, Alex Krycek
Reaction score
I don't think Dragic trade was a good trade, but I definitely understand where they were coming from. Brooks had one hell of a season, and it was an understandable gamble by the Suns.

It turned out to be a really bad move, but I can definitely understand what they were thinking.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The thing about the trade that drives me crazy is the Suns just had to give Houston a first round draft pick. I know that another trade was being rumored for Brooks but must the Suns come out on the short end of the deal. The Suns are too free with giving up first round draft picks.

jagu

#13 - Legendary
Reaction score
What's your take on Lin this year? I think he's regressed into what I thought he was, a mediocre PG.

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SportsBetJake