Arizona Cardinals linebacker Daryl Washington pleads guilty

Buckybird

Hoist the Lombardi Trophy
Reaction score
Now, THAT is jumping to a conclusion, especially believing Washington is a guy who "learns lessons" after getting busted TWICE breaking league rules about pot. didn't learn his lesson too well the first time there, did he?

that's another thing that bothers me about Washington. This assault took place in May AFTER he was already suspended back in April. Which means he was a guy who needed to be on his absolute best behavior anyway and either assaulted a woman...or put himself in a terrible situation where he "had to" assault a women.

and people called Dansby "selfish" and lacking character...if that's the case, what the hell does that make Washington?
:thumbup:

If he was a Niner or Hawk, this board would be ripping DWash to shreds, but because he's got a Cardinal on his helmet most think all 3 of his incidents are minor & aren't a concern. If indeed his drug issues & this alleged assault or treated differently as offenses, he's still got 3 negative issues on his NFL resume. They may be differant, but to think the Commish doesn't bring up his drug suspension to DWash in their personal meeting is just being naive IMO.

IMO the NFL needs to teach him right now & suspend him more than 4 games for the sake of DWash, not the Cardinals! One more mess up & he might be out in Cardinal land!

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score

If he was a Niner or Hawk, this board would be ripping DWash to shreds, but because he's got a Cardinal on his helmet most think all 3 of his incidents are minor & aren't a concern. If indeed his drug issues & this alleged assault or treated differently as offenses, he's still got 3 negative issues on his NFL resume. They may be differant, but to think the Commish doesn't bring up to DWash in their personal meeting is just being naive IMO.

IMO the NFL needs to teach him right now & suspend him more than 4 games for the sake of DWash, not the Cardinals!

These are my same thoughts exactly :)

WildBB

Yogi n da Bear
Reaction score

If he was a Niner or Hawk, this board would be ripping DWash to shreds, but because he's got a Cardinal on his helmet most think all 3 of his incidents are minor & aren't a concern. If indeed his drug issues & this alleged assault or treated differently as offenses, he's still got 3 negative issues on his NFL resume. They may be differant, but to think the Commish doesn't bring up his drug suspension to DWash in their personal meeting is just being naive IMO.

IMO the NFL needs to teach him right now & suspend him more than 4 games for the sake of DWash, not the Cardinals! One more mess up & he might be out in Cardinal land!

If he wasn't the player he is, he'd be out right about.....NOW.

All the NFL is like that...look how the Ravens are dealing with Rice.

Reaction score
Shane, first off, I respect you and the job you do - immensely... But, I honestly don't care what you have witnessed in your job. I have seen "stuff" as well... things that, based upon your views here, would probably lead you to conclude that it would be "justified" to hit/push or otherwise harm a woman...
And yet, I will again say to you that under NO, as in NONE, circumstances is it justified... NONE.
I don't care how many "big guys" it would take to fend off a 140 pound woman. I don't care how f'd up a woman is, or how much in the wrong she might be. NEVER, EVER is it justified for a man to harm a woman...

There is far more respect and honor in simply walking away, or, being smart and avoiding the conflict altogether, than there is in harming a woman. DW messed up and he admitted as such... I hope he's a smarter and better man as a result...

What about Aileen Wuornos? Would she deserve it? I understand what you are saying 82 but you can't say in absolutes that there is never a circumstance.

devilalum

Heavily Redacted
Reaction score
the investigation shows she was chasing him, throwing things at him and attacking him and he defended himself and when he shoved her it broke her Collar bone.

Wow! If she can run down DWAsh maybe the Cards should sign her to play MLB.

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
She killed 7 men. Were these guys not allowed to touch or harm her? By your any circumstance statement they could not. They would have to walk away while she is shooting them.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aileen_Wuornos

http://www.clarkprosecutor.org/html/death/US/wuornos805.htm

You want to hang and bang with a prostitute, that's your choice... but when you make that choice to visit that level of depravity, you also make the choice of placing yourself in a very precarious position.
I'm no angel and I have made mistakes in my life. I have visited places I shouldn't have, and always knew that when I was "there", I was placing myself in harms way.
I think if DW could replay the incident, he would handle things differently... maybe he wouldn't have gone over to her apartment... or, maybe he would have just walked away.

I stand by my comments. I can't speak for men who choose to live a risky life and voluntarily place themselves in environments that are breeding grounds for trouble... all I can say is if you play with fire long enough, well... you know the rest...

Buckybird

Hoist the Lombardi Trophy
Reaction score
If he wasn't the player he is, he'd be out right about.....NOW.

All the NFL is like that...look how the Ravens are dealing with Rice.

Problem with comparing the 2 is that I believe RR hasn't ever had an off the field issue. ;)

But I do agree, DWash's abilities have keep him on this roster.

Shane

Comin for you!
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Shane, first off, I respect you and the job you do - immensely... But, I honestly don't care what you have witnessed in your job. I have seen "stuff" as well... things that, based upon your views here, would probably lead you to conclude that it would be "justified" to hit/push or otherwise harm a woman...
And yet, I will again say to you that under NO, as in NONE, circumstances is it justified... NONE.
I don't care how many "big guys" it would take to fend off a 140 pound woman. I don't care how f'd up a woman is, or how much in the wrong she might be. NEVER, EVER is it justified for a man to harm a woman...

There is far more respect and honor in simply walking away, or, being smart and avoiding the conflict altogether, than there is in harming a woman. DW messed up and he admitted as such... I hope he's a smarter and better man as a result...

:rolleyes:

Yea I can see it now. After a verbal altercation that gets heated and you decide to just walk away and you had a woman jump on your back knocking you to the ground. As your trying to leave and she starts viciously scratching your face and eyes and neck and hitting you that you would just sit there and take it. You would calmly just try n get up and walk out. You wouldn't even shove her off of you to try and accomplish getting away. That way you can claim that you are a chivalrous gentleman and just accepted it.

Or she takes a pot and breaks it over your head knocking you silly and then viciously attacks you. You'd probably accept that too.

Or while your asleep you wake up to a knife in your neck sitting on the artery and the threat that she's going to slit your throat. Im sure you'd probably just sit there and take that too right?

Chivalry only goes so far. Sometimes a woman can and will be hit in legitimate self defense. There is no "honor" as you say in doing the right thing. Any man has a right to defend themselves from anyone.

And many incidents like this happen from normal everyday house wives. Doesn't have to be some crazy stripper or a ho…. When emotions get involved watch out.

PS: Thanks for the comments in relation to my job. Appreciated!

Last edited:

Shane

Comin for you!
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Negative… I probably wouldn't pay it any attention whatsoever. But if I did I would say the same thing. Obviously this is followed more closely because he is one of ours and I enjoy watching him play.

Reaction score
You want to hang and bang with a prostitute, that's your choice... but when you make that choice to visit that level of depravity, you also make the choice of placing yourself in a very precarious position.
I'm no angel and I have made mistakes in my life. I have visited places I shouldn't have, and always knew that when I was "there", I was placing myself in harms way.
I think if DW could replay the incident, he would handle things differently... maybe he wouldn't have gone over to her apartment... or, maybe he would have just walked away.

I stand by my comments. I can't speak for men who choose to live a risky life and voluntarily place themselves in environments that are breeding grounds for trouble... all I can say is if you play with fire long enough, well... you know the rest...

I believe this as well but you can't say there is never a circumstance where you can't harm a woman. I myself would never touch a woman unless the situation was dire where I would be in harms way, or a child, or another human being & that was the only choice.

thephoenixson28

All Star
Reaction score
I actually seen woman knock out guys. If he hits her or pushes her he is a woman beater, if he gets knocked out or beat up he is a *****. Woman should never put hands on a man, if they don't expect the same. I'm not saying beat the **** out of her, what I'm saying is Dwash could've easily pushed her and she broke her collarbone, or she could've been trying to hop on his back and he pushed her away and she fell. No one knows, but she suffers a injury and all of a sudden he is a woman beater. You guys mention his size in this thread alot, believe me if he wanted to she would had suffered more than just a collarbone injury. Just saying.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
this thread's comical with people bringing up women who have knives to throats/women who have killed 7 people/women are scratching guys eyes out...all to support a guy who has shown exceedingly poor judgement in the last two years...and oh yeah, just ADMITTED guilt.

if this was a sexual assault charge, I'd expect most of you to trot out the "she was asking for it" excuse at this point.

Shane

Comin for you!
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
this thread's comical with people bringing up women who have knives to throats/women who have killed 7 people/women are scratching guys eyes out...all to support a guy who has shown exceedingly poor judgement in the last two years...and oh yeah, just ADMITTED guilt.

if this was a sexual assault charge, I'd expect most of you to trot out the "she was asking for it" excuse at this point.

None of that has anything to do with the Dwash case per se it is in debate to 82s assertion that a woman should NEVER under ANY circumstance be touched. Which is beyond ludicrous. Even the law recognizes this and why there is a primary physical aggressor clause in the domestic abuse PC... Any party has a right to defend themselves regardless of gender.

thephoenixson28

All Star
Reaction score

No we just try to put it in perspective. She was a aggressor, as much as Dwash was. 2 wrongs don't make it right, but to claim Dwash a woman beater is a little to harsh. She could've easily been knocked out like Ray rice Girlfriend, but he didn't. He probably pleaded guilty for pushing her and braking her collarbone. But beating her I wouldn't look too much into it. There is always 2 sides to the story, and we are looking at both sides.

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
None of that has anything to do with the Dwash case per se it is in debate to 82s assertion that a woman should NEVER under ANY circumstance be touched. Which is beyond ludicrous. Even the law recognizes this and why there is a primary physical aggressor clause in the domestic abuse PC... Any party has a right to defend themselves regardless of gender.

I honestly can't believe I'm actually debating this topic... Sickening...
And, for the record Shane, I never said a woman shouldn't be "touched"... I said a woman shouldn't be punched, pushed or assaulted...
Regardless... I stand by my comments and firmly believe that any man who can somehow rationalize the hitting or harming of a woman is, well... wrong...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Shane

Comin for you!
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
:rolleyes:

Yea I can see it now. After a verbal altercation that gets heated and you decide to just walk away and you had a woman jump on your back knocking you to the ground. As your trying to leave and she starts viciously scratching your face and eyes and neck and hitting you that you would just sit there and take it. You would calmly just try n get up and walk out. You wouldn't even shove her off of you to try and accomplish getting away. That way you can claim that you are a chivalrous gentleman and just accepted it.

Or she takes a pot and breaks it over your head knocking you silly and then viciously attacks you. You'd probably accept that too.

Or while your asleep you wake up to a knife in your neck sitting on the artery and the threat that she's going to slit your throat. Im sure you'd probably just sit there and take that too right?

Chivalry only goes so far. Sometimes a woman can and will be hit in legitimate self defense. There is no "honor" as you say in doing the right thing. Any man has a right to defend themselves from anyone.

And many incidents like this happen from normal everyday house wives. Doesn't have to be some crazy stripper or a ho…. When emotions get involved watch out.

PS: Thanks for the comments in relation to my job. Appreciated!

And, for the record Shane, I never said a woman shouldn't be "touched"... I said a woman shouldn't be punched, pushed or assaulted...
Regardless... I stand by my comments and firmly believe that any man who can somehow rationalize the hitting or harming of a woman is, well... wrong...

Well to further the debate could you answer how you would confront the examples I gave you above if you don't believe that you should push, punch or assault a woman in anyway? In detail can you describe to me how you would get the crazed woman off of you and to stop attacking you? All while she is in a drunken rage?

And you are right it is quite sickening some of the views/opinions in here.

thephoenixson28

All Star
Reaction score

This guy was walking away, and she still was trying to attack him. This guy had a disability. Was it wrong for him to hit her.

http://youtu.be/vCgifI7FlZM

Duckjake

LEGACY MEMBER
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score

Isn't that a sexist comment? Stating that women are always inferior to men.

Shane

Comin for you!
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This guy was walking away, and she still was trying to attack him. This guy had a disability. Was it wrong for him to hit her.

http://youtu.be/vCgifI7FlZM

In his view yes Im sure it is.

But that is a perfect example of a woman instigating and not leaving well enough alone. Continuing to pursue the man as he tries to leave the situation but being disabled can't run and overly aggressive. Legitimate use of self defense IMO. He wouldn't go to jail if I was the responding officer she would based on just THAT portion of video evidence. If there was more he may have done to instigate prior to the video and witnesses corroborated it that could change.

Last edited:

Shane

Comin for you!
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Isn't that a sexist comment? Stating that women are always inferior to men.

In todays society women are supposed to be our equals in all things.

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
Well to further the debate could you answer how you would confront the examples I gave you above if you don't believe that you should push, punch or assault a woman in anyway? In detail can you describe to me how you would get the crazed woman off of you and to stop attacking you? All while she is in a drunken rage?

And you are right it is quite sickening some of the views/opinions in here.

I would use every possible method other than hitting or harming the woman. Unless it Rhonda Rousey or someone like that, I'm pretty comfortable in my ability to deal with a woman in a way that would not lead to me hitting or harming her. Holding her down... Walking away while dialing 911... Locking her out if the house or out of the car... Whatever it would take...

I know there are crazy women out there, just as there are crazy men... But for me, I remain firm in my position...
I'm done with this conversation. I hope you and any other man on this board is never confronted with this type of situation. But if you are, I really hope it doesn't lead to you hitting a woman... Hard to believe you would feel good about the dude looking at you in the mirror...

Stay safe out there Shane...