Arizona drops demand for Shelton compensation

Shuesters2

Wind Breaker
Reaction score
Hey, Bills. What's Henry's value to Card's if Arizona drafts Benson, Brown Or Caddy at #8? Do you think you could still get LJ and swap 2nds? Take your time... no pressure. ;)

Shuesters

Rats

Somanyfreaks,SofewCircus'
Reaction score
Ouchie-Z-Clown said:
shelton won't start at RT for us. ross is going to start. shelton will find his way outta az one way or the other. may be in the trade for henry, may be in a trade for draft picks. anyway you look at it, the cards ain't planning on having LJ here next year.
And note that I said that "IF" Shelton remains on our team. I would agree he is going to be dealt somewhere and is not a backup here or there. He is a quality lineman that had an injury and lost his LT job to a 2nd overall pick. There is no shame in that he is still a good player. :thumbup:

DMBills36

can't stop this
Reaction score
Shuesters2 said:
Hey, Bills. What's Henry's value to Card's if Arizona drafts Benson, Brown Or Caddy at #8? Do you think you could still get LJ and swap 2nds? Take your time... no pressure. ;)

Shuesters

First, the Cards could find themselves unable to draft one of the top 3 RBs. Second of all, I think I would rather draft a top CB - much more appropriate for that #8. Henry isn't that expensive, either. He'll be in his last year and Green said it himself, Henry will work hard to prove himself and earn a new contract.

Last edited:

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
DMBills36 said:
First, the Cards could find themselves unable to draft one of the top 3 RBs.

There is no way in hell all 3 RBs go in the top 7. Write it down, memorize it.

Chris_Sanders

Not Always The Best Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
DMBills36 said:
You still need a CB

CB and RB are the deepest position in the draft.

You could take either in the first two rounds and come out with good players.

You are welcome to keep Henry. You should be lucky you are getting anything for him.

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
DMBills36 said:
You still need a CB

Yeah, and you have more than one need too.

I hope we do trade for Henry, and draft Derrick Johnson at #8. If we resign Hill, we could pick corners with every pick left in the draft and pick up every corner waived in the NFL between now and September for all I care. We'd blitz and sack the crap out of teams.

red desert

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
DMBills36 said:
I don't see how it's hilarious. You have just as little leverage because there is no reason in hell that the team will want to pay $3 Mill for a mere backup. Henry will be fined if he holds out and will pretty much commit career suicide. If we hold on to him and he comes back he is a solid backup. Don't tell me he won't play hard because he will be playing for his worth in 2006 Free-Agency. And don't tell me it's not rocket science. You're practically calling me an idiot when I'm just looking at it from the opposite side of the ball, BUDDY.

You are not an idiot. There is logic to what you say.

Myself, I'm torn about the trade. I love Henry, but I also am a fan of Shelton. Straight up would be the way I'd do it if I were the Cardinal brass.

MaoTosiFanClub

The problem
Reaction score
Geez, lay off the guy it's not like he has come here and been an a-hole or anything. He simply thinks Henry is worth more than Shelton. And honestly, in any other offseason he's 100% correct.

DMBills36

can't stop this
Reaction score
ajcardfan said:
Yeah, and you have more than one need too.

I hope we do trade for Henry, and draft Derrick Johnson at #8. If we resign Hill, we could pick corners with every pick left in the draft and pick up every corner waived in the NFL between now and September for all I care. We'd blitz and sack the crap out of teams.

Our needs, in order:
1. Offensive Line (unless we get Shelton)
2. Defensive Tackle (due to our loss of Pat Williams)
3. CB (Clements' contract will be up after this season)
4. Linebacker/safety
5. Tight End
6. RB

Chris_Sanders

Not Always The Best Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
MaoTosiFanClub said:
Geez, lay off the guy it's not like he has come here and been an a-hole or anything. He simply thinks Henry is worth more than Shelton. And honestly, in any other offseason he's 100% correct.

You mean any other off season where the RB wasn't a major fumbler and coming off a major injury.

Yeah, the market is always hot for those.

Shuesters2

Wind Breaker
Reaction score
DMBills36 said:
First, the Cards could find themselves unable to draft one of the top 3 RBs. Second of all, I think I would rather draft a top CB - much more appropriate for that #8. Henry isn't that expensive, either. He'll be in his last year and Green said it himself, Henry will work hard to prove himself and earn a new contract.

No problem with you posting here but you didn't answer the question... we could always go RB in the 2nd round if we go CB in the 1st... its a deep RB draft. Do you think we would trade LJ for Henry and trade down in the second if a stud RB is sitting there at #44. Not trying to apply any leverage here. :cool:

Shuesters

DMBills36

can't stop this
Reaction score
MaoTosiFanClub said:

I agree - this offseason is full of RBs. It makes things more complicated and it's hard for us Bills fans to let him go too easily.

MaoTosiFanClub

The problem
Reaction score
Chris_Sanders said:
You mean any other off season where the RB wasn't a major fumbler and coming off a major injury.

Yeah, the market is always hot for those.
The market isn't hot for those as you suggest. That's why he's being traded for a benchwarming LT whose also coming off an injury and who has been integral part of some of the worst o-lines in the NFL.

DMBills36

can't stop this
Reaction score
Shuesters2 said:
No problem with you posting here but you didn't answer the question... we could always go RB in the 2nd round if we go CB in the 1st... its a deep RB draft. Do you think we would trade LJ for Henry and trade down in the second if a stud RB is sitting there at #44. Not trying to apply any leverage here. :cool:

Shuesters

Yea, I'm sure I'm providing you all with some entertainment :p

Ok, I do agree that you could do without taking Henry. Honestly though, we would also be alright should this deal not happen. I know I know, Henry is threatening to sit out. But whatever, I honestly doubt he would, and he would be a solid backup. In concern with the O-line and LT position, the coaches seem to feel comfortable with having Trey Teague move from C to LT while placing Tucker at Center.

In all honestly, some form of the Henry/Shelton deal WILL happen.

Redsz

We do this together
Reaction score
If Henry is serious about sitting out, he won't have to report to the team until week 9 or 10 (something like that).

So, yes, if you don't trade Henry you would have a good backup. Infact a very good backup. But only for 6 games.

If that situation did go down, I can't imagine Henry getting that many carries to make holding onto him worthwile.

DMBills36

can't stop this
Reaction score
Redsz said:
If Henry is serious about sitting out, he won't have to report to the team until week 9 or 10 (something like that).

So, yes, if you don't trade Henry you would have a good backup. Infact a very good backup. But only for 6 games.

If that situation did go down, I can't imagine Henry getting that many carries to make holding onto him worthwile.

I see you over at Billszone. Over and over you mention him not reporting until week 9. Is 9 your lucky number or something? Or is because of that one guy seasons ago who didn't report until week 9. No situation is the same. Anyways, I share Donahoe's view that if Henry doesn't want to report, that is his problem and he will be the one facing the consequences.

But guess what? The trade will happen.

Redsz

We do this together
Reaction score
And the Bills would be in some serious trouble if they have to move Trey Teague from C to LT. The last time I remember him playing T was in Denver. And boy, that was not pretty.

Of course you guys could always play that UDFA who has great size. But hasn't played on the o-line. Let alone one of the most important postions on the line such as LT.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
DMBills36 said:
I see you over at Billszone. Over and over you mention him not reporting until week 9. Is 9 your lucky number or something? Or is because of that one guy seasons ago who didn't report until week 9. No situation is the same.

He's only talking about the limit for a holdout to last until the year doesn't apply to his contract. If he comes back after the 9th game, he can still become an FA after the season ends, but were he to sit out the entire season, he would still be under contract with the Bills for the 2006-2007 season.

Redsz

We do this together
Reaction score
DMBills36 said:
I see you over at Billszone. Over and over you mention him not reporting until week 9. Is 9 your lucky number or something? Or is because of that one guy seasons ago who didn't report until week 9. No situation is the same. Anyways, I share Donahoe's view that if Henry doesn't want to report, that is his problem and he will be the one facing the consequences.

But guess what? The trade will happen.

:rolleyes:

It is the same situation for all players. If Henry is serious about sitting out, but still wants to get credited for a contract year (so he can leave Buffalo as a FA) he won't have to report to the Bills until week 9.

That's why I'm seriously questioning whether it is worth Buffalo's trouble to not trade him.

DMBills36

can't stop this
Reaction score
Solar7 said:
He's only talking about the limit for a holdout to last until the year doesn't apply to his contract. If he comes back after the 9th game, he can still become an FA after the season ends, but were he to sit out the entire season, he would still be under contract with the Bills for the 2006-2007 season.

Thanks, I wasn't familiar with the whole 9th week thing.

DMBills36

can't stop this
Reaction score
Redsz said:
And the Bills would be in some serious trouble if they have to move Trey Teague from C to LT. The last time I remember him playing T was in Denver. And boy, that was not pretty.

Of course you guys could always play that UDFA who has great size. But hasn't played on the o-line. Let alone one of the most important postions on the line such as LT.

I agree, I don't really like the idea. McNally is an amazing o-line coach, though, and I'm sure they would find away to form an o-line that was atleast average.

DMBills36

can't stop this
Reaction score
Redsz said:
:rolleyes:

It is the same situation for all players. If Henry is serious about sitting out, but still wants to get credited for a contract year (so he can leave Buffalo as a FA) he won't have to report to the Bills until week 9.

That's why I'm seriously questioning whether it is worth Buffalo's trouble to not trade him.

It's really hard to say what Henry will do. Hell, I doubt Henry even knows what he's going to do. He isn't the smartest guy in the world. But anyways, I don't think it will come to that because I honestly believe we'll see the trade happen, and SOON.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Broncosfan