Article critical of Denny Green

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Talk about reaching!

I guess bringing in Berry as your top FA and drafting Dansby and Docket on the first day is neglecting your defense!

This_Guy

Veteran
Reaction score
Buddy Ryan- career coaching record: 55-55
Denny Green- career coaching record: 97-62

I agree that the article was very well written and does a good job of convincing everyone that the sky is falling, but please... This is a knee-jerk reaction to the latest surprise/unpopular move.

Can Dennis Green lose ONE football game as the coach of the Cardinals before folks start criticizing his moves?

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ed_B said:
Draft a guy third and give him a bigger contract than the #1 pick.
I didn't realize that Green negotiated the Contracts also! Geez he is a busy man!

NickelBack

ASFN Lifer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Not one of the best I ever seen posted here, to be sure.

MaoTosiFanClub

The problem
Reaction score
Prediction for this thread:

The ridiculing and hatred shown for DG by ASFN is sickening. DG has 9 years no losing seasons, 8 playoff appearences, and 2 nfl coach of the year awards.

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
MaoTosiFanClub said:
Prediction for this thread:

The ridiculing and hatred shown for DG by ASFN is sickening. DG has 9 years no losing seasons, 8 playoff appearences, and 2 nfl coach of the year awards.

Well, I'm not sure what you are driving at with that post. If it's attempted sarcasm pointed at people critical of the article, Skkorp himself said he didn't agree with it.

Djaughe

Reaction score
I do see some similarities with how green and buddy started out their first year. But I also have to add that I don't see DG hiring family members like buddy did - which is major brownie points for me.

Right now its so early to get harsh on the coach - DG is the captain of the ship and IMO if this how he wants to chart the course to the promise land - so be it...if it turns out to be something like gilligans island...thats a different story.

Tangodnzr

ASFN Lifer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Its no state secret that there has never been much love lost between Ed B. and myself, but I have to admit, the points he brings up are indeed something that should be considered in the realm of possibility.

To not even consider the possibility that this scenario might be a valid one, would be, to me, comparable to sticking your head in the sand like an ostrich, and refusing to acknowledge "reality". '

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Djaughe said:
I do see some similarities with how green and buddy started out their first year. But I also have to add that I don't see DG hiring family members like buddy did - which is major brownie points for me.

Right now its so early to get harsh on the coach - DG is the captain of the ship and IMO if this how he wants to chart the course to the promise land - so be it...if it turns out to be something like gilligans island...thats a different story.

The main difference, football wise, is that Buddy had a top ten offense to start with. All three of our units were a disaster at the end of last season. So, Green "ripping apart" the team doesn't exactly have the same magnitude as what Buddy did. Green is chopping up a turd, Buddy was hacking a pretty good pork chop apart.

joeshmo

Kangol Hat Aficionado
Reaction score
Djaughe said:
if it turns out to be something like gilligans island...thats a different story.

Speak for youself. That would rock. Especially if Mary Ann is there.

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Next, show blatant favoritism to players to whom you have a personal connection (be it a former ball-boy or a lousy O-lineman whose agent is your son). Draft a guy third and give him a bigger contract than the #1 pick. After all, his dad is your pal.

Is he writing about Larry Fitzgerald? Wow, what cave was this guy in during Fitz college career? How many people have said Fitz was the best athlete in the draft?

is so well-presented and the parallels are so striking

Questionable at best.

Chaz

observationist
Reaction score
To me Green is still in the "honeymoon" or BOTD (benefit of the doubt) time frame.

Some of the moves seem strange but then it is no stranger than anything else I have seen from this team. I think there will be some more short term pain and DG molds the roster and develops the mindset and attitude of the team.

I think the Buddy ball should always be a warning and a lesson to judge on results not hype. The worst offenses of the Buddy Ryan era I have not yet seen duplicated.

I think we will have to judge Green by the team he puts on the field just like we did with Buddy Ryan.

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Tangodnzr said:
Its no state secret that there has never been much love lost between Ed B. and myself, but I have to admit, the points he brings up are indeed something that should be considered in the realm of possibility.

To not even consider the possibility that this scenario might be a valid one, would be, to me, comparable to sticking your head in the sand like an ostrich, and refusing to acknowledge "reality". '

And, refusing to acknowledge important differences might be seen as being butt hurt because your choice for coach wasn't picked.

Whatever happens, happens. Let's play a game for pete's sake and find out.

Djaughe

Reaction score
joeshmo said:
Speak for youself. That would rock. Especially if Mary Ann is there.
Okay...you got a point there. Let me rephrase...

if it turns out to be something like F-Troop...thats a different story.

:D

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
Tangodnzr said:

Just Tango--Champion of Underperforming Cardinal Draft Picks everywhere--has the gall to make a statment like this...

:biglaugh:

Tangodnzr

ASFN Lifer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
ajcardfan said:
And, refusing to acknowledge important differences might be seen as being butt hurt because your choice for coach wasn't picked.

Whatever happens, happens. Let's play a game for pete's sake and find out.

Sorry, we can no longer, as Card fans, "play the game for pete's sake". He was classlessly sent hiking by an ego maniac coach.

Ryanwb

ASFN IDOL
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
I'm sorry, but that article was completely clueless and baseless.....

Poor, poor effort

vince56

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I got halfway through the article and realized it was nothing but pure hatred.

Not my thing.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05