Article critical of Denny Green

blindseyed

I'm saying you ARE stuck in Wichita
Reaction score
SECTION 11 said:
Brian Montesanto can do it all. Don't doubt the Montesanto. You'll rue the day.
I already rued my day

schel

This is our year!
Reaction score
ajcardfan said:
I think we're catching them at the perfect time. They'll have been geared up to play Indy in the opener. They are coming out here in the heat, and they WILL not take us very seriously. All the perfect ingredients are there for an upset. Just like last season, I thought losing 38-0 to Seattle made it more likely we would beat Green Bay in September.
The heat is about the only thing we have going for us that game. They will be ready for us without a doubt. They have a good coach, this isn't the Vikings... :D

Hmm, when is the Indy opener? How many days rest do they get because of it?

AZCB34

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
ajcardfan said:
I think we're catching them at the perfect time. They'll have been geared up to play Indy in the opener. They are coming out here in the heat, and they WILL not take us very seriously. All the perfect ingredients are there for an upset. Just like last season, I thought losing 38-0 to Seattle made it more likely we would beat Green Bay in September.

Except they get extra time off Indy to prep for the Cards (10 days) and their bye is after the Cards game so they may be playing for some extra days off Belichek may offer them. Cards will still have to bring their A game. A+ game probably.

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
schel said:
The heat is about the only thing we have going for us that game. They will be ready for us without a doubt. They have a good coach, this isn't the Vikings... :D

Hmm, when is the Indy opener? How many days rest do they get because of it?

They play on Thursday. All the more reason for them to be overconfident. Come on, every week in the NFL there are "shocking" upsets. This is not that much of a stretch.

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
AZCB34 said:
Except they get extra time off Indy to prep for the Cards (10 days) and their bye is after the Cards game so they may be playing for some extra days off Belichek may offer them. Cards will still have to bring their A game. A+ game probably.

Beautiful. I didn't realize they had a "bye" the next week. Even better.

SECTION 11

vibraslap
Reaction score
ajcardfan said:
They play on Thursday. All the more reason for them to be overconfident. Come on, every week in the NFL there are "shocking" upsets. This is not that much of a stretch.
I'm with ya. I totally think they can pull it off.

schel

This is our year!
Reaction score
ajcardfan said:
I just doubt it, that's all. I watched every Patriots game last year and I never saw that. The only game where I saw them play with a lack of intensity was the first game when Milloy was gone. Their leaders really picked up the team after that.

EndZone

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
:barf:

IMHO Pure Crap...

I don't care how well it's written...you can wrap a turd in a nice box but it still is a turd.

Tangodnzr

ASFN Lifer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Whats with this turd fetish with some of the mods here lately?

Ryanwb

ASFN IDOL
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Tangodnzr said:
Whats with this turd fetish with some of the mods here lately?
It definately coincides with your return to the board

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Capital Card said:
Actually, I've always put the three of you in the same "box". Well, except for that whole Jake letter thing. That was just freaky.

Go Cards!!!

really? wow. strange grouping considering i've never really had connection to ed b and tango and i have been as close to mortal enemies as two posters could be.

JeffGollin

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Ready...Fire...Aim!

Ed - Yup, my eyebrows are raised too.

But the previous guy (make that guys) didn't accomplish much, and this guy has a track record, so I'm willing to cut him slack until events (i.e. results) prove otherwise.

While I agree that Denny and Buddy share a few similarities (like large egos, track record and "my way or highway" way of doing business), I think this is where the similarities end. (I believe Buddy was more bluster and bullying and less smart than Denny).

Besides - you could say the same thing about successful coaches like Jimmy Johnson, Bill Parcels or Bill Belicheck that you said about Denny or Buddy. All of them had a "command presence" and took charge of their teams.

So while I'll agree that some of Denny's moves have been puzzling, you could argue that standing pat (even with guys like Kendall, Big and Marcel) logically would get us back to no better than we were at the end of last year. And that simply isn't acceptable.

Let's see what we're aiming at first, before we fire. Let's see how this all works out first before lobbing hand grenades.

RedRob

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Ed - Your wrong...about the nickname thing. Denny does have a nickname; it's the Nutty Professor.

Renz

An Army of One
Reaction score
SunCardfan said:
What happened to ED_B anyways? He used to post here all the time... I used to confuse him with Ryanwb, must be because of the endings :)
Ed had to go away for a while. :doi:

I can't believe some people are so anti-Green all ready. Have they all ready forgotten the unmitigated disaster of the Mac Regime? Give the man a chance at least. Sheesh!

Is this all about Kendall? You know what? Screw him. If he was the guy who complained to the union then he should be cut. Think about it. A guy from a 4-12 team is complaining about hard work? Give me a break! It isn't like the guy is a hero for "blowing the whistle" on his football coach. We aren't talking about a guy reporting corporate malfeasance or the dumping of harmful chemicals into the water table.

The guy cried to the union because football practice was too hard and then he got cut. Well boo-hoo for Pete. I'm sure he will be happy on another team with a "players coach" who will take it easy on the guys and no starter will ever feel threatened with losing their spot, even when the team loses every game by 4 touchdowns.

Good luck, Pete! Don't let the door hit you in the ass on the way out!

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score
SunCardfan said:
What happened to ED_B anyways? He used to post here all the time... I used to confuse him with Ryanwb, must be because of the endings :)

That's a funny inference, because they were best buddies.... :D

NMCard

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Renz said:
Ed had to go away for a while. :doi:

I can't believe some people are so anti-Green all ready. Have they all ready forgotten the unmitigated disaster of the Mac Regime? Give the man a chance at least. Sheesh!

Is this all about Kendall? You know what? Screw him. If he was the guy who complained to the union then he should be cut. Think about it. A guy from a 4-12 team is complaining about hard work? Give me a break! It isn't like the guy is a hero for "blowing the whistle" on his football coach. We aren't talking about a guy reporting corporate malfeasance or the dumping of harmful chemicals into the water table.

The guy cried to the union because football practice was too hard and then he got cut. Well boo-hoo for Pete. I'm sure he will be happy on another team with a "players coach" who will take it easy on the guys and no starter will ever feel threatened with losing their spot, even when the team loses every game by 4 touchdowns.

Good luck, Pete! Don't let the door hit you in the ass on the way out!
Great post Renz :thumbup: .

seesred

Reaction score
What did Green have to do with Steve B? Dexter is hurt and can't practice when he gets well he will fight and prove he is better or not. We had a bad team going even further down. Our special teams were a joke. How many times can you kick it out of bounds. Shipp ( and I like the Guy) scored 1 touchdown all year. Believe me I hate it that Emitt is the only answer back there.

The O-line right across the board with few exception s and even those lost focus stunk up the league. We had no pass rush, no tuff corner play ( maybe becuase of no pressure). Plan and simple Blake stunk up the place. He played scared. I was glad when he was sent packing. MCCown is unknown but he will not play any worse than what we seen last year. ( I wish we still had Jake with Green coaching).

I tthink I'm right that Green has a bonus clause in his contract baised on wins and playoff etc..? He did noy come here to be embarrised. I still see the glass half full and when the dust settles down we will have the best team we can have based on who was available to us.

GBR

Duckjake

LEGACY MEMBER
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
SECTION 11 said:
Brian Montesanto can do it all. Don't doubt the Montesanto. You'll rue the day.

I thought Rue was a fullback. :confused:

Shane

Comin for you!
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What Jeff Gollin said! :thumbup: